• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Enjoying the ride

houltmac

Guzzi Convert
GT Contributor
I don't really have much to report, as the ride was fairly short and uninteresting in itself. I went to our local bike night at a proper English pub in the country where we know the owners. It was full of all kinds of bikes and people who just wanted to talk moto and smell 2-stroke.

The real thing here though is the overwhelming feeling of enjoying the ride. Since I got my Guzzi I have enjoyed riding like I did when I first passed my test. I just want to ride. I don't want to ride fast, or aggressively, or for a reason. I just want to ride and enjoy it all the time. It feels right. It feels relaxed.

I'm not good at putting these things into words, but after years of all kinds of bikes with high revs, loud pipes, and aggressive riding it's a joy to ride for the fun of it, no matter the weather, roads or reasons. It's back to zen and I love it.

The real thing here though is the overwhelming feeling of enjoying the ride. Since I got my Guzzi I have enjoyed riding like I did when I first passed my test. I just want to ride. I don't want to ride fast, or aggressively, or for a reason. I just want to ride and enjoy it all the time. It feels right. It feels relaxed.

AMEN! You are preaching to the choir here with this one. I just enjoy putting around. Not in a hurry anymore. Not racing anybody. Just enjoying being alive, outdoors, with the wind in my face and the lovely sounds and vibrations of an italian combustion engine. I love it.

In truth, I really really enjoy my MP3 for it’s quietness and simplicity of operation. I tend to ride her 5x more than anything. I do also love the very relaxed ride I get on my California Vintage. Very Peaceful

From my first motorcycle, a 1944 Excelsior 98cc two-stroke I bought in 1953, to my present 2004 Moto Guzzi "Breva 750", I have owned 87 bikes and have never lost the feeling that you describe very elegantly. It's a wonderful feeling and has a very long life-span (obviously).

Sometimes it feels like we talk about the new models, upgrades, mods, issues... No one ever stops to remember how happy they are on the bike they have, as they have it. Riding is what it's all about.

Totally awesome dude, I feel the vibe.
Throwing the leg over the seat, hitting the start button. Shifting through the gears.
The air and environmental smells overwhelming the helmet. The hidden smile behind the visor.
All in all, a great joy, that many will never appreciate or experience.

I know just what you mean.
Enjoy and be totally engaged in what you got.

Sometimes it feels like we talk about the new models, upgrades, mods, issues... No one ever stops to remember how happy they are on the bike they have, as they have it. Riding is what it's all about.

Thank you! Truer words haven’t been spoken…

I love every one of my motorcycles and scooters. They all bring me tons of joy because they are motorcycles I love.

In truth, I am fortunate enough and blessed that I could buy any new motorcycle(s) I desired, however, there is nothing that sings to me right now. Even the new V100 although I really admire it, I haven’t felt the desire to get one yet.

It’s just so much fun for me, getting on one of my older motorcycles, and just going out for a little putt putt.

Ha! That’s totally different for me too. I used to always haul ass and go fast, but anymore, I just cruise. I take time to really look around, see, smell, hear, and even taste the environment surrounding me.

Guess that’s why my last Moto Guzzi “New Motorcycle” purchase, was my Stelvio NTX in 2012 and my Ural is the very newest at a 2017 model, and I tend to ride my Piaggio MP3 scooter, 5x more than anything else I have just because I enjoy her so much.

I’ve written this many times here.

“Ride what you love so that you will love what you ride!”

Yep. Very contented.

Last edited:
I enjoyed wrenching and riding on my ‘08 china clone scooter. 2t’s of fun. I wanted more range and reliability so I started looking at proper larger machines. I also wanted different, something that would be mine. A ‘08 Norge is not a good starter bike but I wanted an upgrade that was permanent. I love getting out on it and motering around. I’m two weeks in to “big boy life” and I doubt I could go back.

Back