• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Error codes for 5AM/7SM ECUs

Yeah...that makes more sense :blush:
Maybe I'll visit an other guzzi dealer with this information. I dont think I can do anything about it in my garage.
Thank you very much once again for your time ;)

So I just checked my Faults using GuzziDiag and see this under 'stored faults'...
PO135 : to low
PO136 : to low
PO141 : to low

135 and 136 say Lambda Probe Heating. Not sure what to do about them being to low.

141 is not on the list in the first post. Anyone know? Thanks!

Right Hand cylinder lambda probe heater shorted to positive/open circuit/shorted to negative

You don't say what bike you have -this is for the Cali 1400 (and perhaps the V85) with the 7SM ECU.

The original error code list for the CARC bikes didn't include PO141. But the later 8V Stelvios have two lambdas compared with the original 4V models, so things would have changed.

Try swapping over the lambdas to see if the Guzzidiag fault report changes to PO135.

I am having a problem as I cannot clear error 56 on my dashboard. Breva 1100, 2 valve, 2007. Initially, the dreaded red triangle came up on a run, I stopped and checked for an error code. Incidently, the code to get into the dashboard for my bike is 36421 might be helpful for someone. This showed as 07 Oil Sensor fault. Despite testing each length of wiring from the dashboard pin plug down to the sensor, the sensor and on to earth, I found no fault. Nevertheless, I bought a new sensor and installed it. A bit of a faff, but I now know how to gently separate the fuel line connector, how to ease out the shoe-horned air box, and to laboriously turn out the old sensor and install the new and remake the connection - the sensor position makes spanner work tricky and there is no room for a socket. Put the whole lot back together, cleared the error codes and 07 has gone. Yippee.
But the triangle and error code 56 remain. Help, please? Where do I go from here? The list of Code numbers has a comment at the bottom bt it is brief and doesn't make sense to me.

It is states:-
"Delete Errors. This option deletes instrument panel errors only, a further conformation is requested".

So, I have looked for a confirmation request on my dashboard after deleting errors - none. I have cancelled the error codes twice - still no change. I have restarted the engine but still no change. I guess I am stuck now. Any advice would be appreciated, please?

It's possible that the error will be able to be cleared after a short run. It could be that it's showing an error because of your tinkering, mine did. (Breva 1100).

Thank you John and Davy. I cleaned the speed sensor at the front wheel and I now have no errors but the red triangle remains. So, as suggested, I shall toddle out for a ride tomorrow or three (my mate found that his Triumph Tiger needed a couple of runs for the system to sort itself out).

Try disconnecting the battery overnight and leaving the key "ON". It may have cleared when you reconnect. Works for Guzzis...and Fords!

Thank you John and Davy. I cleaned the speed sensor at the front wheel and I now have no errors but the red triangle remains. So, as suggested, I shall toddle out for a ride tomorrow or three (my mate found that his Triumph Tiger needed a couple of runs for the system to sort itself out).

I presume you still cannot reset the ECU via the dashboard software?

The following is a possible solution to reset everything to a ground state and then see if your problem goes away.

Disconnect your batter terminals, first the negative, then the positive. Zip tie them, or clamp them together but away from the battery.

Do not let the battery cables touch the battery at any time!

***During this hour, I still highly recommend that you take the battery to your local auto parts store and have it load tested.

This will provide critical information to aid in the diagnosis of your issue. Also, see if there is a date marked on your battery as to when it was put into service.

I am unconvinced that you have a good battery to begin with. I have seen all of the issues you are experiencing from a marginal battery.

You cannot load test a battery with the dashboard voltage reading or simply by reading volts across the battery terminals with a volt meter.

Load testing is done with a load test tool and the auto stores do this for free with their tool.

Leave the two battery cables connected for 1 hour. By doing this, you are discharging all capacitors in the bike, and this will cause the ECU to reset to a ground state as well as all internal software/firmware. At the end of the hour, turn the ignition key to ON, and leave it like this for 10 more minutes as we want to be absolutely sure all capacitors have fully discharged. At the end of 10 minutes, turn the ignition key to the OFF position before proceeding.

Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables from each other by cutting the zip tie or removing the clamp. Throughly wire brush the battery terminals and the battery cables, thereby removing all visible oxidation.

Reconnect the terminals to the battery, positive lead first, then negative lead.

Turn motorcycle on and see if SERVICE triangle disappeared. It should.

If it has, start motorcycle and see if the code throws again. If it does, then we have something more solid to work with.

ENGINE CONTROL UNIT ERRORS (Computer)
The dashboard receives from the central computer only actual faults
Vcc = + 5Volts.
Gnd = Ground or Frame
C.C. = Component connector

ECU Error Code 10 - Error throttle valve C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 11 - throttle valve C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 12 - Some analog channel functions do checks on the input signal to make sure it is changing as expected (i.e. RPM and MAP are increasing but TPS did not change or engine idling but TPS at 100%)
ECU Error Code 13 - Temp Sensor disconnect?
ECU Error Code 14 - Engine temperature C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 15 - Engine temperature C.C Gnd
ECU Error Code 16 - Air temperature C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 17 - Air temperature C.C Gnd
ECU Error Code 20 - Low battery
ECU Error Code 21 - Lambda sensor (02 Sensor)
ECU Error Code 22 - Ignition coil 1 C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 23 - Ignition coil 1 C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 24 - Ignition coil 2 C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 25 - Ignition coil 2 C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 26 - Injector 1 C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 27 - Injector 1 C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 30 - Injector 2 C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 31 - Injector 2 C.C. Gnd (This is not listed but I suppose that this is the function)
ECU Error Code 36 - Pump relay
ECU Error Code 37 - Local Loop-back
ECU Error Code 44 - Relay starter C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 45 - Relay starter C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 46 - Canister C.C Vcc
ECU Error Code 47 - Canister C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 50 - Battery high
ECU Error Code 51 - ECU general
ECU Error Code 54 - Instrument panel
ECU Error Code 55 - Autoadaptation Tito I (I have no idea what this is.)
ECU Error Code 56 - Vehicle speed
ECU Error Code 60 - Stepper C.A.
ECU Error Code 61 - Stepper C.C. Vcc
ECU Error Code 62 - Stepper C.C. Gnd
ECU Error Code 00 - Unknown

DASHBOARD ERRORS

DSB 01 - Immobiliser fault: key code read but not recognised or key code not read
DSB 02 - Key not present or transponder broken
DSB 03 - Immobiliser fault: Antenna broken (open or short-circuit)
DSB 04 - Immobilizer fault: internal controller fault
DSB 05 - Fuel sensor fault
DSB 06 - Air temperature sensor fault
DSB 07 - Oil sensor fault DSB
DSB 08 - Oil pressure fault

C1100 = Front speed sensor missing signal or speed measured too low in relation to the rear wheel.
C1102 = Front speed sensor: missing signal or speed measured too low in relation to the rear wheel.
C1104 = Front speed sensor: missing signal or different speed measured at the two wheels.
C1106 = Front speed sensor: missing signal or different speed measured at the two wheels.
C1108 = Front speed sensor: the signal works irregularly
C1110 = Front speed sensor: the signal decreases periodically
C1301 = Failed CAN reception from instrument panel
C1301 = Failed CAN reception from instrument panel
C1302 = CAN line mute mode
C1302 = CAN line mute mode
P0105 = rear cylinder air pressure sensor
P0106 = front cylinder air pressure sensor
P0107 = rear cylinder air pressure sensor
P0108 = rear cylinder air pressure sensor
P0110 = air temperature sensor
P0115 = engine temperature sensor
P0116 = engine temperature sensor
P0120 = potentiometer 1 sensor, rear throttle position
P0121 = potentiometer 1 sensor, rear throttle position
P0122 = potentiometer 2 sensor, rear throttle position
P0123 = potentiometer 2 sensor, rear throttle position
P0124 = rear throttle position potentiometer
P0125 = potentiometer 1 sensor, front throttle position
P0126 = potentiometer 1 sensor, front throttle position
P0127 = potentiometer 2 sensor, front throttle position
P0128 = potentiometer 2 sensor, front throttle position
P0129 = front throttle position potentiometer
P0130 = Oxygen sensor
P0134 = Lambda probe - voltage without variation.
P0135 = Lambda probe heating
P0136 = Right lambda sensor heating
P0141 = Lambda shorted to positive / open circuit,
P0150 = Blue lower connector throttle grip position sensor - track A
P0151 = Blue lower connector throttle grip position sensor - track B
P0152 = White upper connector throttle grip position sensor - track C
P0153 = White upper connector throttle grip position sensor - track D
P0154 = Blue lower connector throttle grip position (tracks A-B) - illogical signals.
P0155 = White upper connector throttle grip position (tracks C-D)
P0156 = Throttle grip position
P0160 = Rear throttle Limp Home self-acquisition
P0161 = Rear throttle mechanical springs self-acquisition
P0162 = Rear throttle minimum mechanical position self-acquisition
P0163 = Detection of the rear throttle Recovery conditions (air temp., water temp.)
P0164 = Rear throttle power supply voltage during self-learning
P0165 = Front throttle first self-learning NOT performed
P0166 = Rear throttle control circuit
P0167 = Rear throttle position error
P0168 = Throttle body learning procedure can not be executed
P0169 = Starter switch LOGIC ERRORS
P0170 = Starter switch ELECTRICAL ERRORS
P0180 = Front throttle Limp Home self-acquisition
P0181 = Front throttle mechanical springs self-acquisition
P0182 = Front throttle minimum mechanical position self-acquisition
P0183 = Detection of the front throttle Recovery conditions (air temp., water temp.)
P0184 = Front throttle power supply voltage during self-learning
P0186 = Front throttle control circuit
P0187 = Front throttle position error
P0190 = Exhaust butterfly valve position
P0191 = Exhaust butterfly valve stop research
P0192 = Exhaust valve engine
P0193 = Exhaust valve potentiometer
P0195 = Engine Oil Temperature (EOT) Sensor Malfunction
P0210 = Error for unexpected air intake in the rear cylinder manifold
P0211 = Error for unexpected air intake in the front cylinder manifold
P0215 = Estimation error for rear cylinder intake manifold pressure
P0216 = Estimation error for front cylinder intake manifold pressure
P0217 = Pressure too low at rear cylinder manifold error
P0218 = Pressure too low at front cylinder manifold error
P0230 = fuel pump relay control
P0335 = Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit malfunction
P0336 = Engine speed sensor
P0351 = Coil 1
P0352 = Coil 2
P0410 = Secondary Air Injection System
P0446 = Secondary air valve control
P0461 = Gear sensor
P0501 = Front wheel speed signal/sensor
P0505 = Idle Control/Stepper Motor
P0510 = Rear wheel radius acquisition
P0512 = Starter switch
P0560 = Battery voltage
P0601 = EEPROM Error
P0604 = RAM Error
P0605 = ROM Error
P0607 = A/D converter
P0608 = Level 2 safety reset
P0609 = Safety Engine Stop
P060B = A/D converter
P060C = Engine safety stop
P0610 = Stop lights relay error
P0611 = Saved data file (for safety)
P0615 = Starter relay
P1301 = Stop lights relay error
P1601 = CAN bus
P1602 = Cylinder bank intake manifold pressure estim. Error
P1607 = Data file saved (for safety)
P160C = Level 2 safety reset

The dashboard maintains memory of old errors.

Engine oil sensor faults:
The dashboard will reveal oil pressure faults as well as sensor faults. The oil sensor fault is detected with engine stopped and key in on position, if the sensor is not conducting (open circuit). This fault is indicated by lightening the warning “service” that will remain lit also with engine running.
Abnormal oil pressure is indicated with engine running at an rpm higher than 2000 rpm and the sensor conducting (shorted). In this case the fault is indicated by lighting the icon “oilcan.” In both cases codes are stored in the diagnostic memory of the dashboard.

P0105 : Rear cylinder bank (electric) air pres. Sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace sensor 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P0106 : Rear cylinder bank (funct.) air pressure sensor Signal not plausible > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Measure wiring harness resistance 4) Replace sensor 5) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P0110 : Air temperature sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace sensor or 4) Replace 7SM ECU 5) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P0115 : Engine temperature sensor (electric) : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace sensor or 4) Replace 7SM ECU 5) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P0116 : Engine temperature sensor (functional) Signal not plausible > 1) Temperature variation too high 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P0120 : Rear cylinder bank throttle pos. potentiometer sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace throttle body
P0121 : Rear cylinder bank throttle posit. pot. Sensor : Signal not plausible > 1) Compare front and rear throttle body potentiometer voltages 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Measure resistance between throttle body connector and ECU 5) Replace throttle body
P0130 : Rear cylinder bank lambda sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Measure voltage on ECU side connector 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor
P0134 : Rear cylinder bank lambda sensor : Not switching from rich state > 1) Lambda probe or engine fault 2) With engine running, check if Lambda probe correction is close to zero during cut-off 3) Check that Lambda probe correction does not remain at maximum value (approx. 25%) for a prolonged period of time 4) Replace Lambda probe Not switching from lean state
P0135 : Rear cylinder bank lambda sensor heating : Short circuit to positive > 1) Measure sensor resistance 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual 5) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0136 (P0150): Front cylinder bank lambda sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Measure voltage on ECU side connector 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor
P0154 : Front cylinder bank lambda sensor : Not switching from rich state > 1) Lambda probe or engine fault 2) With engine running, check if Lambda probe correction is close to zero during cut-off 3) Check that Lambda probe correction does not remain at maximum value (approx. 25%) for a prolonged period of time 4) Replace Lambda probe Not switching from lean state
P0155 (P0141) : Front cylinder bank lambda sensor heating : Short circuit to positive > 1) Measure sensor resistance 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual 5) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0201 : Rear cylinder bank 1 cylinder lower injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit
P0202 : Front cylinder bank 2 cylinder lower injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0203 : Rear cylinder bank 3 cylinder lower injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0204 : Front cylinder bank 4 cylinder lower injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0205 : Rear cylinder bank 1 cylinder upper injector > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0206 : Front cylinder bank 2 cylinder upper injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0207 : Rear cylinder bank 3 cylinder upper injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0208 : Front cylinder bank 4 cylinder upper injector : Short circuit to positive > 1) Activate injector (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0220 (P0125) : Front cylinder bank throttle pos. potentiometer sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace throttle body Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0221 (P0126) : Front cylinder bank throttle posit. pot. Sensor : Signal not plausible > 1) Compare front and rear throttle body potentiometer voltages 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Measure resistance between throttle body connector and ECU 5) Replace throttle body
P0225 (P0150) : Track A knob pos. Sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace throttle grip position sensor Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0230 : Fuel pump relay control : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check electrical characteristics (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace relay Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0336 : Engine rpm sensor : Engine OFF > 1) Probable spurious contact in electric circuit 2) Check condition of electric circuit 3) Check cleanliness of flywheel teeth 4) Check that the sensor is fitted in correct position in respective seat 5) Replace sensor
P0351 : 1 cylinder coil : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage, activating from instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace coil Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0352 : 2 cylinder coil : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage, activating from instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace coil Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0353 : 3 cylinder coil : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage, activating from instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace coil Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0354 : 4 cylinder coil : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage, activating from instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace coil Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0410 (P0446) Secondary air valve control : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace component Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0480 : Cooling fan control : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check electrical characteristics (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace relay Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0501 : Front wheel speed sensor/signal : Electrical fault > Connect to the ABS control unit diagnostics Signal not valid Signal not plausible Plausibility signal not valid
P0512 (P0169) : Starter button : Signal not plausible > 1) Engine start button fault (button stuck) 2) Identify cause of button sticking and resolve
P0560 : Battery voltage : Voltage too high > 1) Measure resistance of voltage regulator wiring harness and check for corrosion 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness Voltage too low
P0564 : Cruise ctrl/brake switch button : Access instrument cluster diagnostic function > Cruise control deactivated Access instrument cluster diagnostic function
P0569 (P0720) : “-” control plausibility : Contacts open - Traction control deactivated > 1) Check button activation with instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness Contacts closed
P0570 (P0721) : “+” control plausibility : Contacts open - Traction control deactivated >1) Check button activation with instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness - Contacts closed
P0601 : EEPROM error - Circuit failure : Engine OFF > 1) Replace 7SM ECU
P0604 : RAM error - Circuit failure : Engine OFF > 1) Replace 7SM ECU
P0605 : ROM error - Circuit failure : Engine OFF > 1) Replace 7SM ECU
P060B (P0607) : A/D converter : Circuit failure - Engine OFF > 1) Replace 7SM ECU
P0615 (P0170) : Starting relay : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace relay Short circuit to negative Open circuit
P0638 (P0167) : Rear throttle pos. Error : Misalignment between control and activation > 1) Mechanical throttle valve control mechanism of may be damaged 2) Replace throttle body
P0639 (P0187) : Front throttle position error : EPOS error > 1) Mechanical throttle valve control mechanism of may be damaged 2) Replace throttle body
P0704 : Clutch switch : Signal not plausible : Cruise control deactivated > 1) Diagnose clutch lever activation with instrument 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace switch
P0744 - Clutch switch: Connect intermittent
P0914 (P0461) : Gear sensor: Short circuit to positive > 1) Check variation in resistance in response to rotation of desmodromic drum 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace sensor - Short circuit to negative Open circuit Signal not plausible
P1105 : Front cylinder bank air pressure sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace sensor 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual, Short circuit to negative, Signal not plausible, Open circuit
P1106 (P0108) : Exhaust valve DC Motor Error : Signal not plausible > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Measure wiring harness resistance 4) Replace sensor 5) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P1119 (P0186) : Front throttle control circuit : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Check for excessive current consumption or overheating of 7SM ECU 4) Replace throttle body 5) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit, Overcurrent, high internal temperature
P1227 (P0154) : Blue connector handgrip posit. sensor (tracks A-B) : Signal not congruent > 1) Check Throttle Grip Position Sensor track A and track B parameters 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace complete throttle grip sensor
P1301 (P0610) : Stop light relay error :Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace relay, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit
P1401 (P0168) : Rear throttle mechanical (opening) springs self-learning : Test failed > 1) Throttle valve return time not within specified limit
2) Deteriorated spring performance or excessive throttle valve friction 3) Check cleanliness of throttle body and of intake duc 4) Replace throttle body
P1402 (P0162) Rear throttle minimum mechanical position self-learning : Test failed > 1) Throttle valve end stop position not within correct range 2) Check cleanliness of throttle body and of intake duct 3) Replace throttle body
P1403 (P0163) : Rear (AIRt, WATERt) throttle recovery condition detection - ice > 1) Check cleanliness of throttle body and check that there is no ice or condensation in intake duct 2) Replace throttle body
P1404 (P0164) : Rear throttle supply voltage during self-learning : Low voltage > 1) Throttle valve power feed voltage too low to perform self-acquisition test correctly 2) Resolve any errors impeding throttle valve self-acquisition
P1405 : Rear throttle mechanical (return) springs self-learning : Test failed > 1) Throttle valve return time to position maintained by springs not within correct range 2) Check cleanliness of throttle body and intake duct 3) Replace throttle body if necessary 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P1406 (P0180) : Front throttle body Limp Home self-acquisition : Test failed > 1) Position of throttle valve maintained by springs not within correct range 2) Check cleanliness of throttle body and of intake duct 3) Replace throttle body
P1407 (P0188) : Front throttle mechanical (opening) springs self-learning : Test failed > 1) Throttle valve return time not within specified limit 2) Deteriorated spring performance or excessive throttle valve friction 3) Check cleanliness of throttle body and of intake duc 4) Replace throttle body
P1408 (P0182) : Front throttle minimum mechanical position self-learning : Test failed > 1) Throttle valve end stop position not within correct range 2) Check cleanliness of throttle body and of intake duct 3) Replace throttle body
P1409 (P0183) : Front throttle recovery condition detection (AIRt, WATERt) - Ice> 1) Check cleanliness of throttle body and check that there is no ice or condensation in intake duct 2) Replace throttle body
P1410 (P0184) : Front throttle supply voltage during self-learning : Low voltage > 1) Throttle valve power feed voltage too low to perform self-acquisition test correctly 2) Resolve any errors impeding throttle valve self-acquisition
P1411 (P0181) : Front throttle mechanical (return) springs self-learning failed : Test failed > 1) Throttle valve return time to position maintained by springs not within correct range 2) Check cleanliness of throttle body and intake duct 3) Replace throttle body if necessary 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
P1500 (P0190) : Exhaust valve position : EPOS error > 1) Position indicated by potentiometer does not correspond to position implemented by ECU 2) Mechanically check exhaust bypass valve motor 3) Reconnect/repair connectors 4) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 5) Replace exhaust bypass valve motor
P1501 (P0191) : Exhaust valve end of stroke detection : Potentiometer signal above threshold >1) Perform “Exhaust bypass valve” self-acquisition cycle with instrument 2) Check that correct rotation of valve is not impeded 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace exhaust bypass valve motor, Potentiometer signal below threshold , Time out sick, Search not performed
P1502 (P0192) : Exhaust valve DC Motor Error : Short circuit to positive > 1) In case of thermal overload protection alarm: replace instrument cluster 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace exhaust bypass valve or replace instrument cluster Short circuit to negative, Open circuit, Thermal overload protection
P1503 (P0193) : Exhaust valve feedback pot. : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace exhaust bypass valve or replace instrument cluster, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit
P1504 : Exhaust valve Hang-Up > 1) Check that correct rotation of valve is not impeded 2) Mechanically check exhaust bypass valve motor 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace exhaust bypass valve motor
P1560 (P0701) : Low battery voltage > Cruise Control deactivated Traction Control deactivated 1) Check that alternator is working correctly 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness
P1600 (P0210) : Unexp. air leak error in rear cylinder manifold : Signal not plausible > 1) Small diff erence between estimated pressure and measured pressure 2) Check air system between pressure sensor and throttle valve pressure reading port 3) Check state of intake manifold and check cleanliness of pressure reading port
P1601 (P0211) : Unexp. air leak error in front cylinder manifold : Signal not plausible > 1) Small diff erence between estimated pressure and measured pressure 2) Check air system between pressure sensor and throttle valve pressure reading port 3) Check state of intake manifold and check cleanliness of pressure reading port
P1602 (P0215) : Rear cylinder bank intake manifold pressure estim. Error : Pressure too high > 1) Large difference between estimated pressure and measured pressure 2) Check air system between pressure sensor and throttle valve pressure reading port, Pressure too low
P1603 (P0216) : Front cylinder bank intake manifold press. Estimation : Pressure too high > 1) Large diff erence between estimated pressure and measured pressure 2) Check air system between pressure sensor and throttle valve pressure reading port, Pressure too low
P1604 (P0217) : Rear cylinder bank too low pressure error : Signal not plausible > 1) Small diff erence between estimated pressure and measured pressure 2) Check air system between pressure sensor and throttle valve pressure reading port 3) Check state of intake manifold and check cleanliness of pressure reading port
P1605 (P0218) : Front cylinder bank too low pressure error : Signal not plausible > 1) Small diff erence between estimated pressure and measured pressure 2) Check air system between pressure sensor and throttle valve pressure reading port 3) Check state of intake manifold and check cleanliness of pressure reading port
P1606 (P0606) : Hardware and software are incompatible : Engine OFF Starter motor deactivated > 1) Incorrect engine control ECU map 2) Contact Aprilia Technical Support Service
P1607 (P0611) : Stored data file (for safety) : Filled Traction control deactivated > 1) ECU has disabled a-PRC system after detecting severe fault 2) Contact Aprilia Technical Support Service, Scheduling error, CKSUM Flash error, CANVBTHR voltage error
P1608 (P0700) : A-PRC functional error : Scheduling error - Traction control deactivated > 1) ECU has disabled a-PRC system after detecting severe fault 2) Contact Aprilia Technical Support Service, CKSUM Flash error, CANVBTHR voltage error
P160C (P0608) 2 level safety reset - circuit not working > 1) Follow diagnostic procedures for any other errors noted
P1650 (P0490) : Engine event config. checksum calc. error : Signal not plausible > 1) Incorrect engine control ECU calibration 2) Contact Aprilia Technical Support Service
P1800 (P0510) : Rear wheel radius learningCAN error during learning : CAN error during acquisition - Traction control deactivated > 1) Procedure cannot be completed due to communication problem on CAN line 2) Transcription error from EEPROM memory to RAM memory 3) Contact Aprilia Technical Support Service, Signal not plausible
P1850 : Side stand (functional) diagnosis : Signal not plausible > 1) Check if signal is interrupted 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace side stand sensor
P1900 (P0462) : Quick Shift sensor : Short circuit to negative > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace Quick Shift sensor, Signal not plausible
P1906 : Quick Shift (functional) sensor : Signal stuck in up state > 1) Signal stuck in UP state: Sensor voltage 1600 mV for excessively long period 2) Signal stuck in DOWN state: Sensor voltage 3250 mV for excessively long period 3) Signal not plausible: Sensor state stuck in UP or DOWN state 4) Replace QuickShift sensor, Signal stuck in down state, Signal not plausible
P1901 (P0710) : Ax acceleration sensor plausibility : Sensor not OK - Traction control deactivated > 1) Engine ECI incorrectly configured 2) Reconfigure 7SM ECU with instrument, Signal Failure
P1902 (P0711) : Ay acceleration sensor plausibility : Sensor not OK - Traction control deactivated > 1) Engine ECI incorrectly configured 2) Reconfigure 7SM ECU with instrument, Signal Failure
P1903 (P0712) : Yaw sensor plausibility : Sensor not OK - Traction control deactivated > 1) Engine ECI incorrectly confi gured 2) Reconfigure 7SM ECU with instrument, Signal Failure
P1904 (P0713) : Roll sensor plausibility : Sensor not OK - Traction control deactivated > 1) Engine ECI incorrectly confi gured 2) Reconfigure 7SM ECU with instrument, Signal Failure
P1905 (P0730) : Wheelie error : Time-out error - Traction control deactivated > 1) Fasten Sensor Box correctly, box may be loosened 2) Check speed sensors
P2119 (P0166) : Rear throttle body drive circuit : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Check for excessive current consumption or overheating of 7SM ECU 4) Replace throttle body 5) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit, Overcurrent, high internal temperature
P2120 : CF2 rear throttle pos. potentiometer sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace throttle body, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit
P2121 (P0123) : CF2 rear throttle potentiometer : Signal not plausible > 1) Compare front and rear throttle body potentiometer voltages 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Measure resistance between throttle body connector and ECU 5) Replace throttle body
P2125 (P0127) CF2 front throttle pos. potentiometer sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Check voltage (see details in service station manual) 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace throttle body, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit
P2126 (P0128) CF2 front throttle potentiometer : Signal not plausible > 1) Compare front and rear throttle body potentiometer voltages 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Measure resistance between throttle body connector and ECU 5) Replace throttle body
P2130 (P0151) : Track B knob pos. Sensor : Short circuit to positive > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace throttle grip position sensor, Short circuit to negative, Open circuit
P2135 (P0124) : Throttle potentiometers : Signal not congruent > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Measure resistance between throttle body connector and ECU 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual 5) Replace throttle body
P2138 (P0129) : CF2 throttle position sensors : Signal not congruent > 1) Malfunction of one of the two resistance sensors, fault in one of the two circuits 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Measure resistance between throttle body connector and ECU 5) Replace throttle body
P2158 (P0502) : Rear wheel speed sensor/signalConnect to ABS diagnosis : Sensor faulty > 1) Access ABS ECU diagnostic function 2) Defective sensor or signal interference: check tone wheel, sensor, wheel bearings or tyre. Replace if necessary.
P2162 (P0503) : Wheel speed plausibility - Front axle > 1) ABS system malfunction 2) Access ABS ECU diagnostic function Rear axle
U0001 (U1602) : No CAN signal - Bus Off - Cruise Control deactivated Traction Control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace 7SM ECU
U0002 (U1601) : CAN line - Mute Node - Cruise Control deactivated Traction Control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace 7SM ECU
U0121 (U1711) : CAN line to ABS control unit : Signal not plausible - Cruise Control deactivated Traction Control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Check 7SM ECU confi guration 4) Replace ABS ECU
U0125 (U1721) : Sensor box CAN line diagnosis : Signal absent - Traction control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Check 7SM ECU confi guration 4) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
U0140 (U1701) : CAN to instrument panel communication : Signal absent - Cruise Control deactivated Traction Control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace instrument cluster
U0426 (U1600) : Immobilizer Signal not plausible - Engine cannot start > 1) Instrument cluster does not recognise key: Perform key acquisition procedure 2) Check if software is correct 3) Check immobilizer antenna wiring harness and condition of ignition switch barrel
U1121 (U1711) : CAN line to ABS control unit : Signal absent - Cruise Control deactivated Traction Control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace ABS ECU
U1125 (U1722) : Package Counter Sensor Box CAN line diagnosis : Signal absent - Traction control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) See detailed diagnosis in service station manual
U1129 : LH handlebar CAN line diagnosis : Signal absent - Cruise control deactivated > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness
U1130 : Package Counter “LH handlebar” CAN line diagnosis : Signal absent - Cruise control deactivated
C1014 : Internal error: Solenoid valve relay failure - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1015 : Internal error: Recirculation pump failure - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1021 : Internal error: Control unit failure - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1024 : Speed comparison between front and rear wheels: difference too high : Excessive difference - ABS disabled > 1) Check type and size of tires fitted 2) Check type and size of tone wheels installed
C1031 : Rear wheel speed sens. electr. diagn. : Short circuit to positive : ABS disabled > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace speed sensor
C1032 : Rear wheel speed sens. funct.diagn. : Signal not plausible : ABS disabled > 1) Check state and cleanliness of tone wheel 2) Check number of tone wheel teeth 3) Check that tone wheel and sensor are positioned correctly 4) Check that the tyre size is correct 5) Replace speed sensorC1033 : Front wheel speed sens.: electr. diagn. : Short circuit to positive - ABS disabled > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Replace speed sensor
C1034 : Front wheel speed sens. funct. diagn. : Signal not plausible - ABS disabled > 1) Check state and cleanliness of tone wheel 2) Check number of tone wheel teeth 3) Check that tone wheel and sensor are positioned correctly 4) Check that the tyre size is correct 5) Replace speed sensor
C1048 : Internal error: Rear circuit output solenoid valve failure - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1049 : Internal error: Front circuit outlet solenoid valve failure - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1054 : Internal error: Front circuit input solenoid valve fault - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1052 : Internal error: Rear circuit input solenoid valve failure - ABS disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1058 : Input voltage: Low - ABS disabled > 1) Check that the voltage regulator is working correctly 2) Check battery
C1059 : Input voltage: High - ABS disabled > 1) Check that the voltage regulator is working correctly 2) Check battery
C1089 : Coding error - ABS disabled > 1) Check ECU map 2) Reset vehicle configuration
C1077 : Internal error: Pressure sensor failure (Plausibility) - ABS active only during check cycle, then disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1092 : MM5 wrong mounting failure - Cornering ABS function disabled > 1) Problem probably due to vibration caused by loose fasteners 2) Check fasteners 3) Internal error - replace ABS ECU
C1094 : MM5 model monitoring - Cornering ABS function disabled > 1) Problem probably due to vibration caused by loose fasteners 2) Check fasteners 3) Internal error - replace ABS ECU
C1331 : Internal error: Pressure sensor failure - ABS active only during check cycle, then disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1332 : Internal error: Pressure sensor failure (Off set) - ABS active only during check cycle, then disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
C1333 : Internal error: Pressure sensor failure (Power supply) - ABS active only during check cycle, then disabled > 1) Replace ABS ECU
U2921 : CAN error: Controller error - Cornering ABS function disabled > 1) Communication problem on CAN line: probable contact 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness
U2922 : CAN error: Line failure (busoff) - Cornering ABS function disabled > 1) Communication problem on CAN line: probable contact 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness
U2924 : CAN error: No data received from cockpit - Failed reception from instrument panel > 1) Check instrument cluster side CAN line wiring harness 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace wiring harness
U2925 : CAN error: No data received from injection control unit - Failed reception from injection ECU - ABS disabled > 1) Check 7SM ECU side CAN line wiring harness 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace wiring harness
U2926: Key + (connect to injection control unit diagnosis) : Access 7SM ECU diagnostic function> 1) Check continuity between switch contacts in open and closed states
U2927 : Key - (connect to injection control unit diagnosis) : Access 7SM ECU diagnostic function > 1) Check continuity between switch contacts in open and closed states
U2930 : Net under voltage : Cornering ABS function disabled > 1) CAN line voltage below minimum threshold 2) Check battery 3) Check if voltage regulator is working correctly
U2931 : Net over voltage : Cornering ABS function disabled > 1) CAN line voltage above maximum threshold 2) Check battery 3) Check if voltage regulator is working correctly
U2932 : CAN message error/timeout > 1) Check ABS ECU side CAN line wiring harness 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace wiring harness
U2933 : CAN message error/DLC/Alive counter > 1) ABS ECU does not recognise CAN line from 7SM ECU 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace wiring harness
U2934 : CAN message error/timeout > 1) ABS ECU does not recognise CAN line from 7SM ECU 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace wiring harness
U2935 : CAN message signal error > 1) ABS ECU does not recognise CAN line from 7SM ECU 2) Reconnect/repair connectors 3) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 4) Replace wiring harness
U2928 : CAN MM5 frame failure > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Connection error between ABS ECU and inertial platform 4) Internal error - Replace ABS ECU
U2929 : CAN MM5 signal > 1) Reconnect/repair connectors 2) Reconnect/repair wiring harness 3) Connection error between ABS ECU and inertial platform 4) Internal error - replace ABS ECU
B0001 : Oil sensor fault > ALARM OIL SENSOR
B0002: Oil pressure fault > ALARM OIL PRESSURE
B0003 : Immobilizer - Key code read but not acknowledged
B0004: Immobilizer - Key code reading error
B0005: Immobilizer - Antenna electric fault - Short circuit to positive > Replace
B0006: Immobilizer - Internal error
B0007 : Immobilizer - Number of stored keys too low
B0008 : CAN line reception error - ALARM CAN ECU DISC.
B0009 : CAN line transmission error - ALARM CAN BUS OFF
B0300 : Handlebar loss of CAN Reception - ALARM CAN CMD DISC.
B0201 : Brake Rear Fault NC active - Brake Rear open : Short circuit to negative
B0202 : Brake Rear Fault NO active - Brake Rear short : Open circuit or short circuit to positive
B0200: Pressure sensor fault
B0203 : Command UP fault NC - Short circuit to negative
B0204 : Command UP fault NO - Open circuit or short circuit to positive
B0205 : Command DOWN fault NC - Short circuit to negative
B0206 : Command DOWN fault NO - Open circuit or short circuit to positive
What about “CLASS 3”?

What about “CLASS 3”?

SEARCH function is your best friend Louis…😀

I would like to add a correction to this list if I may. Code 13 on this ECU is for a bad barometric sensor which is in the gauge cluster.

MG service manual doesn't have a code entry for code 13 and I spent about a month chasing this one down. Glad to finally have it sorted!

This sensor can be replaced with the following sensor which is widely available at most online electronic stores such as Mouser and DigiKey:

mouser.com/ProductDetail/726-KP235XTMA1

If you're not comfortable replacing this sensor, I'm sure any electronics repair place could take care of it. Have them remove the old sensor and replace with this one, no additional programming needed.

Back