RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Evap removal from V7III Racer ...

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Godfrey, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Tequilasunriser

Tequilasunriser Just got it firing!

1.1 Yes, alternatively you can just remove the hose from the evap can and plug it then cut the hose above the filter. (that's what Todd recommended.) Ultimately they achieve the same result. A 3rd method would be to remove the hose labeled 5 from the throttle body and cover the port with a vacuum cap, and to cut the line labeled 4 above the breather valve (#3). You could then remove the evap can entirely.

1.2 Yeah, you could let them hang, but I secured them with some zip ties to keep them in place. The ends are completely open though.

2.1 Correct.

2.2 Correct, burned off/recycled

2. SaulGuzzi

SaulGuzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

So i just competed it.
    Snip the round ufo thing off, cut the tube from the y connector thing, and plugged it with a metal cylinder thingy-ma-bob, then removed the can.

So instead of plugging this with the tube, i can just use these plugs and reinforcing rings at the tip valve right?

Attached Files:

3. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I just had this happen to me as I removed the EVAP system and I got replacements from my local dealer.
    Yamaha, part # 90183-050A6.
    They fit perfect and are nice and strong.

Bruce Wharton likes this.
  4. Bruce Wharton

Bruce Wharton Just got it firing!

Many thanks!

5. Larry Vance

Larry Vance Tuned and Synch'ed

Richard for the above info. I have a 2013 V7 and am still confused as to which line is which. Attached is a photo of the canister, which line is which and can I simply remove these fron the canister and block them off. Anything else to do. Thansks in advance.

Attached Files:

6. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

This explains it all. Cut it free block or delete small hose. View attachment.

7. V7 Dreaming

V7 Dreaming Just got it firing!

I don't understand how the canister work but I am starting to think if we block inlet port on intake manifold completely, remove hose from canister to manifold or cut it short and remove check valve then the reconnect the hose. Will the fuel tank still breathable? I think if I leave the remain system without check valve will help slowing the fuel leak when crash.

eee.png

8. dududuckling

dududuckling Tuned and Synch'ed

For those who did this mod, what do you guys use to cap the hoses once they have been snipped?

I want a clean look and am thinking a rubber/plastic end cap with oetiker clamps?

9. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

I left the hose attached to the intake but plugged it with clevis pin I bought at Home Depot. I bought three diameters and returned the two that wouldn't fit.

dududuckling likes this.
  10. dududuckling

I'm thinking of using Tequila's third method: Remove hose 5 and cut above the breather valve #3 on hose 4. If possible, I'd like to remove hose 5, 4, evap can for a clean removal and I see less hoses in the maze and if the next user wants to put it back on, it is an option.

Attached Files:

11. dududuckling

Do you by any chance remember the diameter? Attached to the intake, I'm assuming hose 5? Thanks for your input.

12. V7 Dreaming

I finished the job today. Remove all system completely. Reuse original hose and add smaller diameter hose at the end.
    On intake, I use 6mm silicone cap to block air inlet.
    Edited: I don't cut any hose but file the bent edge of the clamp and use pliers to remove the clamp. So all of them was removed without any damage(except hose clamps).

168990.jpg
    168989.jpg
    168988.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019 at 2:41 AM
    dududuckling likes this.
  13. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

Did you plug the remaining vent hose? We’ve all left it open to air.

14. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

Yes, plug hose 5. Sorry I don’t remember the size.

15. V7 Dreaming

Me? No, I left it open like in my pic 3. I just extend it with smaller diameter hose. Thank you for asking.