Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Evap removal from V7III

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Godfrey, Oct 17, 2017.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Lol, I just read that correctly !

that and an oily , musty smell resulted in my wife referring to the 1990 Miata I purchased in 2008 as “ that stinky little car”
    That car thought her how to pack Light - 8 days & 4000 km in what amounted to a large hand bag !

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    PepperoniBros. and aproud1 like this.
  2. aproud1

aproud1 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Garages should have a particular smell IMO.

I don't even think I could fit myself in a Miata let alone my stuff for 8 days. Sounds like quite an adventure.

3. Simon Bisson

Simon Bisson Just got it firing!

My bike is a UK spec 2013 V7 Special. I’ve looked at the parts manual and I can see no mention of a “tip valve”. Can somebody please confirm that this actually the check valve in the tube from the tank to the evap canister? If not what and where is it? Thanks.

4. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

I was looking under the bike last night and on mine ( V7 III ) that valve is on the tube down by the gearshift on the way to the canister.
    On mine The tubes are different diameters, small one comes down from the tank, larger one goes back up to the throttlebody

Mayakovski likes this.
  5. Simon Bisson

So it is in the tube from tank to canister?

6. Simon Bisson

So part 7 on this diagram? (2013 V7 Special)

C4B33340-7152-41AB-A2A5-484E03A66A0D.png

7. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Yes, ( sorry I should have added more details ) looking at the diagram above the 2013’s didn’t have one !

8. Simon Bisson

I’m just trying to confirm what people are talking about, then I can worry about if my bike has one!

9. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Any relation to Paul ? ( a local friend of mine ;) )
    The 2017 have the return line going in on top ?

10. subin

subin Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

According to the spare parts list for a 2013 V7 that I found online, the evap canister and the related parts are marked "for USA model".
    So, if yours is UK spec, then it should not have them.

11. Simon Bisson

Yes that’s my understanding. I’m just trying to identify which part a “tip valve” is. Nobody seems to know.

12. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The part very clearly identified in the second post of this thread? I don't understand your question otherwise. Did you look at the top of this thread at all? Just curious.
    Evap system earlier this decade were mostly a "North America" requirement. I believe since 2016 or 17 that Guzzi now delivers a global bike with all emission requirements met.

13. subin

subin Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Yes, it is part 7 that you have already pointed out.

14. GTM®

That is the location of where it would be. He's saying on his bike it's not there. Read my words above.

15. DominoDoggy

DominoDoggy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Ah, the situations one finds oneself in when purchasing a used bike.
    Especially when they buy the bike before getting on forums like this and getting oneself educated.

I have a 2014 V7 stone, with a mostly intact EVAP system except when replacing the fuel tank filter today I noticed the aft vent line is open to the atmosphere. It is literally just dangling back beside the rear tire. Some research revealed this aft vent line is supposed to go down to the evap canister.

I guess I am unsure of whether to...
    A) replace this vent hose and hope the rest of the EVAP system works properly (check valves, etc) on a six-year old bike. Do I go ahead and replace the check valves?

or

B) Do the above mentioned "EVAPectomy" procedure. I don't like the notion of spilled fuel or fuel smells in my garage, if that is a factor.

16. Roose

Roose Tuned and Synch'ed

Yes do it! And get the SAS block off kit as well. I've completed both the Cat removal, SAS block off and added the 2 n 1 brushed exhaust. The block fires up each and every time. No change in gas mileage. Pulls solid thru gears. And with the shorter 2 n 1 exhaust it's a wee bit louder. The HD guys are always impressed with it's throatiness. No issue with smell of gas. My lawnmower is far worse.

17. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Is the evap canister still attached ?
    If not you haven’t really got much choice about what to do with it...

18. Ken Horii

Ken Horii Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I just bought a 2020 Stone S model but it is stored by dealer until March or April so I cannot inspect it. Does my bike have the Carbon canister? Your post suggests it does not, but just checking because I would like to get a Stein Dinse work stand and want to know if this canister will need to be relocated or removed as in this thread. Thanks

19. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

I would Imagine it does, but I don’t think you could relocate it ?
    Unless you want to put some relatively serious effort into it.

20. GTM®

It will have one, yes. Only the 2016 model had it on top of the motor. Most all center-stand manufacturers accommodate for the canister with a bracket, at least the ones I sell and have dealt with. Appreciate the business on the STORE link above.