• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Evap removal from V7III

I apologize if this has been answered already, I did search the forum and read through this thread but could have missed it as it has grown quite expansive.

Does an EVAP removal alone require a custom fuel map? I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I am somewhat in the dark about these matters :D

I apologize if this has been answered already, I did search the forum and read through this thread but could have missed it as it has grown quite expansive.

Does an EVAP removal alone require a custom fuel map? I realize this is probably a stupid question, but I am somewhat in the dark about these matters :D
No it does not.

No.

The best way to understand these relationships, is to learn what they are really doing!

The evaporative canister traps gas tank generated gas fumes temporarily, then when the engine is started, vacuum is pulled on the canister to remove the trapped fumes and send them through the intake manifold of the motorcycle, to be burned.

So, this is why there is no fueling remap required. It’s over and done in literally seconds and doesn’t have enough fuel or time to affect the operation of the fuel injection system.

👍👌😄

Last edited:
No.

The best way to understand these relationships, is to learn what they are really doing!

The evaporative canister traps gas tank generated gas fumes temporarily, then when the engine is started, vacuum is pulled on the canister to remove the trapped fumes and send them through the intake manifold of the motorcycle, to be burned.

So, this is why there is no fueling remap required. It’s over and done in literally seconds and doesn’t have enough fuel or time to affect the operation of the fuel injection system.

👍👌😄
Cool, I was afraid that blocking off the intake on the manifold would necessitate a change in the fuel map. Thank you for explaining that ;)

No.

👍👌😄
huh , I thought it was a filtered vent to atmosphere , I didnt know the system pulled air from it.

huh , I thought it was a filtered vent to atmosphere , I didnt know the system pulled air from it.
9C2088FC 2539 46C8 A184 EBDE66C98A2B

When fuel evaporates inside the gas tank, the excess vapors are transferred to the charcoal canister. They’re stored there until, they can safely be transferred back to the engine; to be burned with the normal air-fuel mixture.

Got my Evap done. Removed the canister from underneath so in the future I can relocate my battery under the belly. Vent hose is hanging down behind starter, valve is plugged back in, running smooth, all is good

I mean, all *was* good coz I'm a bit of an idiot sometimes LOL
As I've read, if ya disconnect the valve ya get engine light on. I don't want unnecessary things anywhere so with engine running I disconnected the valve to see (aka hoping) if the engine light won't come on. Well... engine light is on now and won't go away LOL
So my question is (it's probably idiotic and I probably know the answer already)- is there a way to delete engine check light without bringing it to a dealer? For me it's a full day's trip up and down to my dealer...

Hi Mindis,
You have done two things the evaporator can/vent and the SAS block off.
The kit from GTM comes with the plug that replaces the pump in your image.
without the plug the sensor is not getting the expected signal because the pump has no pressure ?
( I’m guessing )

plug the two connections on the hoses to the pump ? Maybe?
but that might lead to a pump failure from too much pressure?

Wait for some who is NOT guessing to chime in.

Don

If Todd makes a solution for that (I don’t own a V7) and sells it in the store, then I would jump on that. Everything I’ve bought from him is awesome and still working perfectly, many years later. 😄👍👌

Unless I missed something, he is just showing the evap system. I do not make anything to plug into the electronically controlled valve in his photo above, as it's not part of the SAS system. I recommend doing what he did, leave it in place and plugged in.

Yep, I did only Evap, I'll get that SAS kit and do it once I have uMap or flash tool.
Yet my question is still in question, how to delete engine light without flash tool or without a visit to my dealer?

Yep, I did only Evap, I'll get that SAS kit and do it once I have uMap or flash tool.
Yet my question is still in question, how to delete engine light without flash tool or without a visit to my dealer?
As far as I know, you have to visit the dealer for the service light reset.

Since you reconnected the valve the light may reset after several start,drive, stop cycles. It may not. Like Mayakovski said, the service light can't be reset with the flash tool, dealer only.

Since you reconnected the valve the light may reset after several start,drive, stop cycles. It may not. Like Mayakovski said, the service light can't be reset with the flash tool, dealer only.
Might go out, we'll see... I did few engine cycles run/stop and it's still there but I haven't ridden yet since, coz I'm a wuss that doesn't like being wet and cold on a bike lol

I'm going to do this this weekend, after developing some lean running issues.

After blocking the vauum, I'm opting to to leave my evap canister where it is and swap the tip valve out with a barbed connector, just so I don't have a dangling pipe.

Small question though - on my evap canister, I have an additional breather that I haven't seen mentioned, 9/10 on this diagram:

Given that the evap will be redundant at this point, this is nothing to worry about is it?

Attachments

• 09-020.jpeg
    09-020.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 14
Back