Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

Evap removal from V7III

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Godfrey, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Tequilasunriser

Tequilasunriser Just got it firing!

1.1 Yes, alternatively you can just remove the hose from the evap can and plug it then cut the hose above the filter. (that's what Todd recommended.) Ultimately they achieve the same result. A 3rd method would be to remove the hose labeled 5 from the throttle body and cover the port with a vacuum cap, and to cut the line labeled 4 above the breather valve (#3). You could then remove the evap can entirely.

1.2 Yeah, you could let them hang, but I secured them with some zip ties to keep them in place. The ends are completely open though.

2.1 Correct.

2.2 Correct, burned off/recycled

2. SaulGuzzi

SaulGuzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

So i just competed it.
    Snip the round ufo thing off, cut the tube from the y connector thing, and plugged it with a metal cylinder thingy-ma-bob, then removed the can.

So instead of plugging this with the tube, i can just use these plugs and reinforcing rings at the tip valve right?

Attached Files:

3. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I just had this happen to me as I removed the EVAP system and I got replacements from my local dealer.
    Yamaha, part # 90183-050A6.
    They fit perfect and are nice and strong.

Bruce Wharton likes this.
  4. Bruce Wharton

Bruce Wharton Just got it firing!

Many thanks!

5. Larry Vance

Larry Vance Tuned and Synch'ed

Richard for the above info. I have a 2013 V7 and am still confused as to which line is which. Attached is a photo of the canister, which line is which and can I simply remove these fron the canister and block them off. Anything else to do. Thansks in advance.

Attached Files:

6. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

This explains it all. Cut it free block or delete small hose. View attachment.

7. V7 Dreaming

V7 Dreaming Tuned and Synch'ed

I don't understand how the canister work but I am starting to think if we block inlet port on intake manifold completely, remove hose from canister to manifold or cut it short and remove check valve then the reconnect the hose. Will the fuel tank still breathable? I think if I leave the remain system without check valve will help slowing the fuel leak when crash.

eee.png

8. dududuckling

dududuckling Cruisin' Guzzisti

For those who did this mod, what do you guys use to cap the hoses once they have been snipped?

I want a clean look and am thinking a rubber/plastic end cap with oetiker clamps?

9. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

I left the hose attached to the intake but plugged it with clevis pin I bought at Home Depot. I bought three diameters and returned the two that wouldn't fit.

dududuckling likes this.
  10. dududuckling

I'm thinking of using Tequila's third method: Remove hose 5 and cut above the breather valve #3 on hose 4. If possible, I'd like to remove hose 5, 4, evap can for a clean removal and I see less hoses in the maze and if the next user wants to put it back on, it is an option.

Attached Files:

11. dududuckling

Do you by any chance remember the diameter? Attached to the intake, I'm assuming hose 5? Thanks for your input.

12. V7 Dreaming

I finished the job today. Remove all system completely. Reuse original hose and add smaller diameter hose at the end.
    On intake, I use 6mm silicone cap to block air inlet.
    Edited: I don't cut any hose but file the bent edge of the clamp and use pliers to remove the clamp. So all of them was removed without any damage(except hose clamps).

168990.jpg
    168989.jpg
    168988.jpg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    dududuckling likes this.
  13. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

Did you plug the remaining vent hose? We’ve all left it open to air.

14. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

Yes, plug hose 5. Sorry I don’t remember the size.

15. V7 Dreaming

Me? No, I left it open like in my pic 3. I just extend it with smaller diameter hose. Thank you for asking.

avlis likes this.
  16. Andrew Joy

Andrew Joy Just got it firing!

Did I do something wrong? After doing this mod, I was menuevering my tank a bit and gas started to come out of the snipped hose that use to have the filter on it. Will this happen any time I fill my tank up all the way?

17. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes it will... this is why I recommend gutting the tip valve and leave it connected to the evap can if you leave that in place. If you eliminate it, don't fill your tank all the way. I usually leave mine ~1/2" below the filler neck.

18. StevieChoice

StevieChoice Just got it firing!

Hey, Todd seems to recommend a slightly different approach. Leaving the canister in place will prevent gas leaking on a full tank? Not sure how:) Is there a link of his procedure?!
    Thanks for your time friends.

19. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I removed mine last summer and always fill to the top of the tank.. Have never had any issue with gas leaking.

Roose likes this.
  20. StevieChoice

StevieChoice Just got it firing!

Thanks for your reply:) Gonna get to it this week. Slip ons, sas, and evap. Very exciting!