Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

Evap removal from V7III

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Reference Topics/Recalls' started by Godfrey, Oct 18, 2017.

1. PierLuigi

PierLuigi Just got it firing!

When I checked my EVAP lines on my 2018 V7 III, I noticed that the breather valve si connect to an electric wire that I assume is a sensor. Will the disconnection of the valve cause a Check Engine Light (CEL)?

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Post a photo of this. Never seen this on even one, on any model, all the way up to 2019s.

Mayakovski likes this.
  3. PierLuigi

Ok I just double checked and you’re right! My bad. The wire I saw is the lambda probe connected to the opposite side. I really appreciate your interest anyhow. I love this forum already and my Guzzi. Thank you again for the support

4. PierLuigi

Just removed the evap line. Below some pictures. I removed the breather valve, replaced it with a fitter 1/4 to 3/16 and left the tank line plugged into the canister so the carbon compound will absorb fumes odor. Then I unplugged the intake line from both sides: canister and manifold intake and plugged the hose on both sides with 2 small caps so the hose remains in place but completely disconnected. Ultimately, installed a vacuum cap on the intake manifold with a clamp. A 1/4 vacuum cap works just fine but I preferred a 3/16 so it goes more snug.

F24653FD-6F1D-40F8-A842-C52D964329E5.jpeg FC8F3B3A-E09F-4311-BCCE-27108940B6DE.jpeg D041EBDF-FD82-4B34-8EE6-3C3CB257CBCD.jpeg 1A15F152-5B8A-4F0E-ADD6-881F0E44A1F9.jpeg CADB81F1-3712-4131-86F5-9DDEC43E824D.jpeg 41DD0D60-874C-49F5-B7C8-D67581F1AC6D.jpeg 3B10376A-343D-4531-95BE-13E6AA1814CE.jpeg 74E84097-AB04-4288-9C9E-C9E36AEBCF8B.jpeg

V700Steve likes this.
  5. Ed Paaij

Ed Paaij Just got it firing!

-------
    Indeed, I have also been riding since 1968 and I decided I needed a Motorcycle that I could service myself and suitable for commuting. So I purchased a 2019 V7 III Special last month. Now I have never had a Moto Guzzi before and I had to go to Portland Oregon a 430 mile ride home since there are no dealers in Boise Idaho. I was surprised how the idle seemed rough and it some how felt like it lacked some torque below 2800 RPM. I thought perhaps it needed some miles on it and did nothing about it nor had I read any posts here about it. When I came home I put on some more miles and qt 980 miles decided to do the first service and I also removed the tank so I could route some wires under it for a power outlet. In any case I spotted the hose coming from the tank breather and that Canister was annoying me since it was in the way under the engine where I put a jack to raise the rear wheel. So I decided to remove this plastic junk while I had everything apart. SO I went to the Automotive parts store and found rubber vacuum caps and a small sintered metal fuel filter which fits in the rubber hose that comes from the tank. I then removed the canister and the hose from the inlet manifold plugged the inlet with the rubber cap and a hose clamp. And plugged the filter into the air inlet from the tank and finished my service and put everything back together. And surprise the idle was steady and I now have smooth torque from 1500 RPM onward (depending on gear) That is when I started to see if this was unique to my experience and it appears not. When I checked the one way valve that is supposed to only let air into the tank not out it did not work properly and I could blow air in both directions. This part seems to be a cheap part and I would replace it with a metal part with a spring and ball bearing if I wanted to keep the evap crap. Since I live in Idaho it is not needed so good riddance. That is my experience with it...