• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Everything you ever wanted to know about the 1200 8V engine tappet failure but were afraid to ask.

I also wrote about that! Even posted pictures of other components.

DLC coating is a high-end process. It wasn’t required. It was specified by Moto Guzzi as a high-end component. The 8V engine is a very high output motor (105hp from 1151cc {93 RWHP})

When done correctly, DLC is extremely durable and provides exceptional wear characteristics.

The vendor, took shortcuts.

Plain and simple.

Well bit the bullet and patiently waiting for my roller kit “C”, no delivery date yet. Suppose winter’s around the corner and plenty of rainy days, so not all that bad. Now thinking of getting the wheels re spoked, as they’re the only thing left that spoil the look. Going for stainless replacement.

201B6BA8 ED5B 4516 B528 CA283672D51E

Could I just confirm something for my 08 Stelvio.

It had a 'dealer conversion' at 9k miles, for which I have the receipt ,and now has 19k miles on the clock.

If I remove a rocker cover and look at the holes where the tappets actuate the rockers it will look like one of the two pictures in the first post: in other words it will be really clear if I do have rollers?

I hope it's that simple to check 🙂

Cheers,

Simon

Open it up. Take photo of the head and the valve cover insides, and post here. Let me see what you have.

Also, it helps if you actually READ the entire thread. What you are looking for is right there at post # 90.

I wrote specifically about what the problem was. It was right there. Did you read?
Will do. I have actually read all the posts from number 1 onwards in lots of detail, and more than once! They are exactly what I wanted to know but No 90 I really couldn't figure out. Not to worry - I'll pop off a cover, photograph the insides, post the pics on here and hope it's all good!

The dealer conversion may have been another set of flat lifters made to spin better than originals. Shop I worked at swapped out all new & bikes sold at the very beginning in 09. Look for the fork & wheel otherwise it'll be a rod. Good Luck.

So I am in the process of buying a Griso, but confused about the engine numbers, mine is, A8 014364. It has an extra digit. Anyone able to help, I would be very grateful. If it helps it’s on a 2014 bike.

So I am in the process of buying a Griso, but confused about the engine numbers, mine is, A8 014364. It has an extra digit. Anyone able to help, I would be very grateful. If it helps it’s on a 2014 bike.
You should have nothing to worry about, ALL 14 models are rollered, the issue is they did not switch over on the serial # they say they did in 12-13 models. I have changed motors after their # change over. So has other techs doing roller conversions, a grey area.
All you have to do is look, you can see the fork & roller at TDC.

Back