Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Excessive vibration at all engine speeds.

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by Mumbufuku, May 12, 2019.

1. Mumbufuku

Mumbufuku Just got it firing!

My 07 norge shakes like a harley at idle. It also seems to be running a bit rough between idle and 3k rpm. I dont know if the inner spark plugs have ever been changed. (30k on engine) The only reason I'm complaining is that the vibration is so bad it's making my hands go numb while riding. Is there anything I can do to alleviate the vibration?

Also noticed that when the bike is fully warmed up and I pull the clutch in to come to a stop the revs drop like the bike is about to stall then goes back to normal idle. I'm an acura mechanic and typically on cars when this happens it's a problem with the IAC circuit. Im just curious if a tps reset would do anything for me.

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Sounds like you need to balance the throttle bodies and then do a TPS reset. Also cleaning out the stepper may also help the RPM drop issue. Replacing parts is the last thing to do.

Mumbufuku likes this.
  3. M0T0Geezer

M0T0Geezer Cruisin' Guzzisti

You & I both have the "same" bike. Congratulations on your obvious wisdom, intelligence and long-suffering.

In my ongoing quest to make mine all it can be, I offer you & others here this gathering of tech tips for the Magnificent 2-Valve, Norge (and Breva & Sport & Griso):

dansher.com/bikepix/Guzzi/Norge1200/Norge_2007_fyi.txt

'Geezer

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

These topics are covered over and over again here. Please spend some time to search and read... and also, nearly impossible to diagnose via words only here. We don’t know the history of the bike, and due to the age, nearly anything can be amiss including clogged fuel injectors. If that is the case, the injectors should be removed and professionally cleaned, and then what John states above. If you don’t have software for tuning, you are stuck.

Mumbufuku and V700Steve like this.
  5. Mumbufuku

Mumbufuku Just got it firing!

You are a godsend! This is exactly what I needed!