RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Exhaust mods and Cali laws.

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Roose, Jan 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Roose

Roose Just got it firing!

2. Midnite

Midnite Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

Curious about this too. Has anyone here been cited yet? Wonder if CHP is specifically targeting modified moto exhausts more than before? My neihbor’s A CHP officer - I’ll check with him and report back when I get a chance. Curious what Todd thinks as So. Cal resident and purveyor of finely crafted modified exhausts...

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Wisconsin along with others have laws on the books too. Modify the guzzi all you want and a cop will still think its stock sounding compared to a Harley.

4. Roose

Roose Just got it firing!

Yeah I don't believe many MG riders will run into this particular problem. I'm always weary of encroaching laws. And I hate the idea of anyone not being prepared for the absurdity of this law altogether.

5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

I don’t know what to think really. Seems every January they roll out another new scare tactic law. There’s tons of these type laws on the books already. Each year seems nothing changes. Hope it stays that way.
    In other states where I’ve seen “crack downs” including profiling and herding motorcycles, is a disgrace.
    Many of the big brand exhaust companies here spend a tremendous amount of money for State approval... so this could get really ugly if nothing but stock is acceptable. Most of my exhaust are well below 95db when ridden normally, and most people think all Guzzis are vintage. Hopefully that keeps us off the radar... that is until the entire state is electric only (which new vehicle sales is coming for this here). It will be time to move when that day arrives.
    This state is a gearhead mecca, so hard to fathom the day when internal combustion is completely banned here, but change is on the horizon it seems. Always a way around for the diehards. Mad Max, here we come.

6. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

For some reason I'm seeing you as Toecutter. Not sure what that says about you or me. :rofl:

GT-Rx® likes this.
  7. Tonerjockey

Tonerjockey High Miler GT Contributor

Perhaps some residents consider loud pipes on public ways, a nuisance.
    On some race tracks, however, where it isn't regulated, it is sometimes encouraged.
    YMMV

Alex

8. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

It’s started already...

B6B24526-FBB1-435B-954A-0814A47226A3.jpeg

Roose and V700Steve like this.
  9. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Got to love GA, no muffler law. The towns make one to get rid of biker clubs that set up a clubhouse . I run my 700 w/36" strait fishtails, only cause I had them new sitting on the shelf and no $ for mufflers. Not loud unless you are on the gas or the freeway going 80.

GT-Rx® likes this.