• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fairing suggestions for a the 850T

AndrewGelling

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
Perhaps I am just getting older, or maybe its cause I ride regardless of the weather, but having got caught in the rain yet again, I began to think that maybe it was time for a fairing. While I was happy for them, it was pretty tough to watch my wife and child sitting pretty in the sidecar unscathed by the rain while I was immediately soaked.

I am looking for a full fairing set up to offer some protection, so not a little lemas style fairing, lovely as it is, but yet I don't want to turn it into a goldwing either. There must be a happy medium out there.

I see the SP fairings on ebay from time to time. They offer decent protection? Any reason they would not fit the T? There is, I believe the difference in dashboards, but otherwise similar. Some of the stuff that Airtech sells looks decent. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

Yeah, I have seen that one, and there are usually some Wixom's available on ebay, but admittedly just not too excited by them aesthetically. Hoping to find something a little more "sporty." I can deal with making the mounting hardware, and doing some fiberglass work. But after all that I want to make sure it does offer some protection. I am also concerned about the extra windage. I am sure by itself it would be fine, but pushing that and the sidecar with the 850 might be a bit much? I really don't know.

Take a look at these http://parabellum.com/ You might be able to adapt a Scout fairing for an airhead BMW, You will have to make some trade offs. If you want protection, you will be pushing a barn door. If you want looks and not much wind resistance, you will get wet.

I don't mind getting a little wet, I am however tired of getting immediately soaked. Thanks for the tip on parabellum. Somehow my searches never came up with them. I just sent them a message. I am still curious to hear some impressions of the SP fairing setup. Hopefully someone will speak up.

Furque, with a sidecar don't you have room to store a rain suit?
(that's my 3rd smart arsed comment tonight, can you tell I've been drinking?)

The SP (upper) fairing works very well in my experience and should fit the T with minor alterations to the mounting hardware.

Are you still looking?

I went through the same problem. I like fairings. And I like the 'bubble' to go up and over my helmet. Yep, I'm a wimp. :)

I also tend to not like handlebar mounted stuff. Winds out here make them act like sails.

I first tried the LM Mk II fairing from Gust. With the std wind screen it kinda sucked. Wind hit helmet at chin and was noisy as heck. Then tried the +6 shield. Better. I fitted an extra bit at the top of that shield and it kinda worked. The good thing is it kept the hands out of the wind entirely. The SP fairing is known to fix the problem. But, I have a square headlight :(

I ended up getting an SPIII fairing for my T5 (just the upper part, not sides or chin). Works great. I did have to add an MRA Vario 'spoiler' on top but I love the setup. The nice thing for me is I still technically have a T5 since the same faring was used on some police models :) I did have to weld the mounting points on the head of the frame but it now has about 20k miles on it and I love it.

Thanks for the input. I have not made any progress towards a choice, I want it to work of course, but then I get hung up on the aesthetics. I did however purchase a cx100 a month ago, its in boxes, and came with two fairings sets. The original, stock, 3 piece set up of the LeMans 2, and a replica of the fairing that came with the Lemans "1". I may end up trying the 3 piece set up on T/sidecar rig, but I am concerned that at 6'2" there ain't gonna be any room left for me.

Back