• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

fairing

There aren't many options, however many of the offerings from GiviUSA.com would be well suited. They are all generic, but Givi systems are well designed/engineered.

Not bad but I didnt want to spend that kind of money to try it and find out I didnt like it. I ordered one of those inexpensive Viper fairings (simular copy of a BMW R90S fairing) for about $80 and spent a couple of days making the manditory new brackets for it. Not bad. It does work.

It not as protective as the full touring windshield offered by MG for the V7c which I bought and found to be much too noisy - The touring type funneled the engines noise directly to my ears and I couldnt hear the exhaust note! Took the touring windshield off after a month. I like the bikini type better.
Will it fit a Breva though? :whistle:

Attachments

• IMG_0465s.jpg
    IMG_0465s.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 928
Penderic said:
Will it fit a Breva though? :whistle:

Think it will. Our missing friend, Guzzimundi mounted something like that on his Breva (Though I think he got something from aan older lemans, not sure)

IMG00005-20100214-1216.jpg

Seems to be a few more options;

22fingenderhd.jpg

4577838206_32ccf9b7c5_m.jpg

-and, of course the OEM full fairing, made for the police-Breva

258877667_c704987173.jpg

-if you can find the source... :whistle: (Pic is from the factory at the 2006 GMG.)

I like the simple lines of my new fairing. Here is a Bonnie pic that was posted on the ADV rider site showing just the windscreen attached with some homemade brackets ...not bad. Kinda.

Attachments

• 292a543d.jpg
    292a543d.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 871
Here is mine with a Triumph fly screen :D

Attachments

• DSCN1093.JPG
    DSCN1093.JPG
    381.9 KB · Views: 865
  • DSCN1092.JPG
    DSCN1092.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 865
Holt said:
-and, of course the OEM full fairing, made for the police-Breva

258877667_c704987173.jpg

-if you can find the source... :whistle: (Pic is from the factory at the 2006 GMG.)

When I saw that on the factory website I thought it was a 850 Norge as used by some police forces. Of course a closer look & I saw the twin shocks so it is a 750 Breva. Now if that was available to the public I would buy one straight away.....I want a lighter bike with good weather protection for the winter months. But I've a nasty feeling that was a one off design project by Guzzi to show what could be done. Or does anyone know different? Anyone ever seen one anywhere else?

I've seen faired small block Guzzis used by local police forces in Italy, mostly, as I remember, "Polizia Municipale", so I do suspect these faired Brevas are on the streets somewhere.
If I knew whom to ask at the factory, I wouldn't hesitate.

As these bikes are undestructable :woohoo: it will take a while before they can be found on outlets.

If Italian administration is like the French, you probably won't see the vehicles in outlets anyway - they'll be destroyed after their life cycle. But I'm not so sure they're indestructible when facing professional abuse and ad-hoc maintenance. Guess how they'll handle a failing threading on the sump drainage plug, for instance?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it — and it it is, scrap it ;)

There's always the factory touring fairing. I use my B750 for commuting and it's effective at keeping the wind off. The looks are not for everyone though, so it depends what your needs are.

Attachments

• fairing.JPG
    fairing.JPG
    326.5 KB · Views: 240
RJVB said:
If Italian administration is like the French, you probably won't see the vehicles in outlets anyway - they'll be destroyed after their life cycle. But I'm not so sure they're indestructible when facing professional abuse and ad-hoc maintenance. Guess how they'll handle a failing threading on the sump drainage plug, for instance?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it — and it it is, scrap it ;)

Couple of years ago I saw a number - maybe as many as 50 - former Italian Police-Guzzis been sold from a German site - probably mobile.de - so it does happen, for sure.

Here's one, on sale in Prague right now, but judging by the colors, of Italian origin. There are a few more to be found on the site.

!!ti+CjQEW0~$(KGrHqQOKosE0fo9,BR(BNRJeuS-Qw~~_19.JPG

And René, we're not talking bigblocks here. :p :side:

Back