• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

First 300 miles…..after lockdown

Gavin

2014 Custom given some custom treatment
GT di Razza Pura
Having spent time off a bike (almost 2 and a half years) due to everything going on in the world,
This weekend we had a mini meeting in Peterborough….just got back a couple of hours ago and no gripes other than tank range…….the California 1400 is a bit of style sponge….getting all the attention at the bike meet
The seat and suspension are great after the modifications and the fuelling keeps everything as it should……but the reserve light hits at 110 mile mark or so….depending on driving style….then the countdown or co7nt up begin.
Got to 22miles then found a garage with Shell V premium……I was surprised by how small the tank volume appears to be….unless the count up is good for another 75 miles!

So…your input please …..how many miles are you get before mileage roulette?

regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer IMG 0326 IMG 0327

Last edited:
Different bike, but if I did all hwy riding I had around 100km left when the light came on.
First ride this year and it came on when I imagined I had 150 or more left ??
I’ll see how much she’ll take when I fill er up.

On my 2018 Eldorado , I have at least 4 liters left when the light comes on . Also it measures
full for over 100 kms and then in the next 30 to 40 kms , it drops 3 bars ! Can somebody
spell 'character' ? Peter

The only time I've run my Eldo dry I got 78kms from the fuel light coming on. Ran dry 2kms from home :rolleyes:

Oddly, the light Was still on when I took it out for my next ride ;)

It took just over 17L @ $1.95/L so I had 6 or 7 L left = over 100km touring…
On my best behavior the computer claims 4L/100km

4L/100km , you know that's a bold face lie ! Anything over 60km for 4Liters is a bonus
and that's on the touring setting . Hell , my Toyota gets way better mileage , well , maybe
not way better . Peter

4L/100km , you know that's a bold face lie ! Anything over 60km for 4Liters is a bonus
and that's on the touring setting . Hell , my Toyota gets way better mileage , well , maybe
not way better . Peter

OY !
I didn’t say it, the computer “Said” it.
The actual Km at fill up was 362, do the math 17/362 = .04696132596 (4.7 L/100km)

So…your input please …..how many miles are you get before mileage roulette?

regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer
I would usually fill up at around the 150 mile mark. The fuel gauge was typically at "E" by then and took about 3.5 gallons to refill. So, it wasn't actually empty (far from it) by I would really hate having to push an 800 pound motorcycle.

Twice the engine, half the range…
i *Imagine* a full tank (25L) would get 500km out of a V7

Your 150 miles ( 160 =200km ) 3.5 US = 12.5 L
<> 6L/100km
Ok not quite half ;) not a very big tank ???

Last edited:
Gentlemen…..thank you very much for your input.
I was simply surprised when the countdown or count up occurred at the 100-110 mile mark
I reckon once the light comes on ….there is a ‘safe’ 35 miles followed by 5 miles of fear and self loathing.

l, like …..Roadventure, have no wish to push a 750Ilbs bike ……I have an emergency 2 litre fuel canister, fabricated from 3inch aluminium tube with a screwed outlet……Ill make sure it comes with me.

So thanks for your input and I think the real consensus of opinion is the tank is a bit on the small side..by about a gallon.

Thanks again
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Last edited:
They certainly are on my 2018 Eldorado . And I still haven't figured out how to safely remove them . Peter
The eagle covers a bolt and has two clips on the end and double sided tape, you need to get some fishing line or dental floss behind the clips to cut the tape, they are very hard to remove without breaking. Two more bolts at either end of the panel

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
Moto Uno….I used a very thin credit card shaped thing to slide under each side of the edge…I think the card was a membership or loyalty card ……but you get my drift….a credit card is too thick and non flexible.
A hair dryer on each eagle for a minute or two helped the adhesive loosen enough to get the first tang out.
There are 2 tangs under each eagle…each tang points out away from the middle of the eagle….so you have to find it and push it ….whilst flexing the card to lify the eagle. Once one side is up….more hair drying and a couple of more minutes will have the eagle free. Under the eagle there is 1 off 5mm by 10 mm long button head bolt….there are 2 others on e@ch side front and rear of the tank sides…..meaning 3 bolts hold each tank side on.

Re assembly went okay but had to use a touch of mastic to hold the edge rubber gasket on before screwing back up.
Strangely….my 2017 was not fitted with edge gasket but I fitted some after re spraying the repl@cement side tank sections.
I kept the original two tone ‘Nero gentleman’ tank sides….the black and beige OEM sides were not really to my taste
Look good with Tweed riding gear……but I don’t have any.......but here is a picture of a guy who has...on the same bike!

I hope that this helps

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer IMG 0344

Last edited:
Back