• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

First 500 miles with Moto Guzzi

Spokes

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello. Well I've had my 2005 "Corsa Red" Breva v1100IE for about two weeks now and done around 500 miles (US miles that is). This also happens to equate to the total miles I've done with the Moto Guzzi marque. So I'm a n00b, a baby with little if any knowledge of the product and it's history.

I know some key points that I could answer in a general quiz but couldn't really expand on those answers or give an appreciation of the impact those historical points have made. I'm referring to the years 2000 and Aprilia and 2004 Piaggio. There are other dates prior to these as there's a good 90 year history to look back on but for me I was buying into the post 2000 product and post 2004 and on seemed good for me.

I'm not a mechanic and I've never balanced a carb in my life, oh! I'm 46 years old (that's Solar years).

This introduction is to hopefully excuse some of the daft questions I may and probably will ask. I've done some searching, read a little and thumbed through the User Manual and although most questions will have been asked and answered before I still might ask them again because I've either missed those threads or needed some reassurance.

The hints I've used thus far have helped me input my user code. Note that the engine oil spec has been updated from that specified in the User Manual. Cross reference parts from the download section using the Parts List from various models (Breva, Sport and Norge).

I guess you all know now that in the next few days I'll be asking that dumb ass question but with 500 miles ticked up at least I know where to put the diesel :)

Anyway, cheers for reading and happy to be part of the forum and the marque.

Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask. A word of warning: These bikes have a way of getting under your skin. Before you know it, your garage can be full of them. :D The B1100 is certainly a good all rounder.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

and the Breva is thinking: "Well that first 500 miles wasn't so bad, he's gettin broke in, I can't wait until we've tripped the 5000 mile mark and he really begins to ride me."

and Spokes is thinkin after the 5000 mile mark: "Wow this is one fun ride I wonder what one of them old 70's Tonti's was like"?

and the Breva is thinkin: "Ha! Ha! we got us another one Binky he'll never be happy with anything else"

and Spokes is spendin nights in the shop restorin an 850 T while eyeing an old loop frame California.

Yes Folks, It is a classic case of OMG Guzzi Syndrome. There is no known cure and even though you love those afflicted you must stand by and allow them their space.

It's under my skin alright, I've been buying bits for it all week. Latest is a tall screen, collecting this weekend and hopefully a top box too. Looks like the days are numbered for the Honda and maybe a Tonti could well take it's place.

Gotta' go, it's gone 9.30pm and need to check something in the shed (ie. my B ;) ).

:roll: Hooked!

Back