• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fitting heated grips tip

I'll second the recommendation of Koso Apollo grips, they're elegant, simple, and functional. Instead of Dremelling off the throttle tube ridges, I found a replacement tube that fits and doesn't have ridges: Motion Pro 01-0094 Throttle Sleeve; less than $10 on Ebay or Amazon. Also, I wired the grip power wire to the wire that controls power to the headlight, so it powers on only after the engine has started.

What did you do at the ends- drill the sleeve and caps to accept the factory bar end weights, or go with the Koso end caps?

Nevermind, had to cut the 'cap' off in order to get it seated deeply enough to align the switch covers.
The new throttle tube seems to have a slightly different offset for the cables, the idle a little high too, despite taking all the adjustment out at the throttle end.

Would love some descriptive info on intercepting the headlight circuit too. I ran the harness back to the battery-- then noticed that they advise switch power supply. The fuse block is right there so it would be convenient & tidy to just use a fuse tap, but I don't know what's what.

Lastly, even though my Victory is steel-frame, many aftermarket accessories familiar with the bike stress that they need to be connected to a factory ground point, rather than negative terminal or any random bolt to the frame. Is there a similar concern with V7, and if so has anyone seen a depiction of the groundpoints?

Edit- ah-ha! Fuse block! #6/F looks like the ticket.
I also found a capped weatherproof connector by the battery. Wires were orange and blue IIRC. Wonder what that was for and if it could be repurposed. Sadly, I'm in no mood to mess with test lights and voltmeters.

Attachments

• Electrical.png
    Electrical.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
After two attempts, the aftermarket throttle sleeve and the glue from the Apollo kit aren't playing well together, and failed to seal.
There was some friction when fitting the grip over the throttle sleeve, but it wasn't as much of an interference fit as the pass side, so I suspect that was part of the problem. And perhaps I didn't sand it enough...

I modified the stock sleeve-- as stated the plastic is pretty easy to shape with a file.
Hope to finish off install and wiring tomorrow.

Except I'd have to put mine in the freezer because the fit was (a bit) loose.
Switched back to modified factory tube and it is a better/tighter fit on mine.

Now, the fuse schematic alludes to a "USB" prewiring, and a Dash Blue wire prewiring.
Any guidance on what/where those are? I assume the Dash blue is for lighting tach if so equipped? Or is it accessory as people were finding on the V2s? And there are two weatherproof, capped ends on mine, one near the battery and one tidily clipped to the ABS/Spare fuse block behind the air cleaner. Would be great to know if/how these might be utilized for accessories?

Mean-time:
blade-fuseholder_add-a-circuit-ato_1___94194.1285279309.jpg

PS I hate electrics...and that's a stock photo, not my crimp job.

Last edited:
Except I'd have to put mine in the freezer because the fit was (a bit) loose.
Switched back to modified factory tube and it is a better/tighter fit on mine.

Now, the fuse schematic alludes to a "USB" prewiring, and a Dash Blue wire prewiring.
Any guidance on what/where those are? I assume the Dash blue is for lighting tach if so equipped? Or is it accessory as people were finding on the V2s? And there are two weatherproof, capped ends on mine, one near the battery and one tidily clipped to the ABS/Spare fuse block behind the air cleaner. Would be great to know if/how these might be utilized for accessories?

Mean-time:
blade-fuseholder_add-a-circuit-ato_1___94194.1285279309.jpg

PS I hate electrics...and that's a stock photo, not my crimp job.

I just received my Koso Apollo heated grips and I'm curious to how you made out! I was going to order the Motion Pro 01-0094 throttle tube until I read the problems with yours. What exactly did you have to cut off the stock throttle sleeve? Did you also have to cut the ends of the grips? And lastly, what are you powering the device with? Are you using a posi-tap into the headlight like Sib?

Any guidance you might be able to provide will be greatly appreciated!

All done, used them a couple times and as most indicated, the first few settings were sufficient to take the edge off when wearing good gloves. There's a stop ring in the mold of the factory sleeve. Very thin, comes right off, once you decide to take that COA. See post 17. There are small ridges that run along the sleeve (or tube) as well, and taking them down a bit aided fitment. Sad to say, but I don't recall whether I shortened the sleeve. I did not trim the grip, electing instead to get nylon spacers and longer bolts to push the bar-end weights out a couple mm. For power, I did as described above. I bought the fuse-doubler, it adds a fused hot wire to an existing switched fuse. I believe the fuse identified above is correct, but I attached the factory description of the fuses in the block around here somewhere. There was a little gap between the soft grip and and the switch block, snuck a little flat black in there and its a pretty tight (as in seamless) install.

Last edited:
Got my Koso heated grips installed about 2 weeks ago. What a delight. They look fantastic, you can't even tell they are heated unless you know what to look for. A little slower to heat up than the Oxfords, say 30 seconds for the Oxfords versus 2 minutes for the Koso, but they get just as hot. Very comfortable feel to them and a quality product.

I used the same fuse tap and fuse as noted above and had no issues at all. These grips do have a low power sensor and will power down to keep from draining your battery if left on, but I prefer to know that when the bike is shut off so are the grips.

I did have to file down the ridges on the throttle tube, but that was at most the work of 5 minutes.

Do make sure that if you use the included superglue to attach the grips, that you test fit them first (all the way on) and make sure you can get the grip on and positioned in less than 5 seconds, because that is at most the amount of time you have.

They are going to make my two week ride through BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan in two weeks much more comfortable on cold mornings and in the rain.

Back