• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fogging Speedo - how bad before going for replacement?

I had the Speedometer replaced under warranty only for the new unit to start fogging within a couple of months. It still does so without rhyme nor reason, sometimes on a clear low humidity day. To unfog it, I run the headlight instead of the LED option. Moto Guzzi claims it's not a problem.

View attachment 14538 Mine nas been replaced once already, now chasing a claim to have it replaced again. The photo shows condensation streaks inside the glass between the numbers 2,3,4.
And so it continues, had an email from the dealer to say that MG Spain had rejected the claim for a second instrument pod replacement and suggested that I speak with them direct. I don't think so !
Went for the head of the snake and emailed Piaggio customer service direct, received a call from Lazio, Rome the other day and the very nice lady informed me that as the the replacement unit had been fitted for more than a year it was not subject to a warranty claim and the problem was down to "atmospheric conditions" according to their technicians. (Maybe they should employ technicians that don't talk out their ass) I suggested she read the email again as the replacement unit had only been fitted since Xmas so evidently we weren't singing from the same hymn sheet, another call to dealer to pass on the correct info. In fairness the dealer is a credit to the brand as they have fought my corner with every instance that has occurred whereas they could have washed their hands as I have made changes to the bike under warranty, Matris suspension, GT-Rx fuelling kit etc. So a big thanks to them.
Watch this space!

I wonder if enough owners complained to the NHTSA if a recall could be effected? It's obvious that a fair number of the speedometer/instruments are fogging & that there is a problem with their manufactoring process. I have owned many many bikes and none of them ever had this problem, even sitting outside. Mine, is always under shelter with a cover and yet... it fogs up and you can see the condensation streaks as well. I am on my second insturment pod and it is as bad, if not worse than the previous one. Makes no sense to me.

Mine fogs a bit but not enough as some of you but here's a thought.

My bike's in storage still but I believe the gauge face is plastic. Perhaps drill a small hole (top or bottom better??) to let it de-fog and have a little rubber grommet thingy that plugs the hole afterwards?

Maybe an option for those that get nowhere on a replacement or have a replacement coming and can test out the theory on the old one??

FYI: I was going to get my dash replaced as part of a troubleshooting solution for the key code debacle. At this time I learned that the dealer price for a replacement dash is about $261.00. So, if some fogging really bothers you and MG and your dealer are pushing back on a free replacement maybe you can suggest that a replacement "at cost" would be acceptable.

FYI: I was going to get my dash replaced as part of a troubleshooting solution for the key code debacle. At this time I learned that the dealer price for a replacement dash is about $261.00. So, if some fogging really bothers you and MG and your dealer are pushing back on a free replacement maybe you can suggest that a replacement "at cost" would be acceptable.
We are not talking some fogging here but actual running condensation and as LuftWolf stated possibly a fault with the manufacturing process. Really not acceptable on a bike of this value or indeed any other for that matter. Step up Magneti Marelli (if you are the manufacturer?).

Update: the speedo has been replaced for the second time under warranty due to the fogging/condensation issue.
A big thanks to Casa Capo, Mallorca, who pursued and supported my claim.

I don't want to replace it I Wonder if we can fix it. What if we open it , clean the glass and make it watherproof whith silicone. Anybody have done that yet?

Some appear to be more likely to suffer fogging than others. Sudden temperature changes seem to bring this on.

I've also experienced loss of the display by leaving the speedometer in direct sunlight. The display slowly returns when it is cooled by movement, others in hotter climates might not be so lucky.

Some appear to be more likely to suffer fogging than others. Sudden temperature changes seem to bring this on.

I've also experienced loss of the display by leaving the speedometer in direct sunlight. The display slowly returns when it is cooled by movement, others in hotter climates might not be so lucky.
Same as, loss of the display on one occasion, so had this cover made which I tend to use when no shade available to park the bike under.
Now on my third unit and the fogging/condensation problem still persists although not to the extent as before. I really think someone at MG or the instrument manufacturer should step up and address this issue.

Attachments

• 3250B79C-BA24-4283-8CA9-0451051ACC8A.jpeg
    3250B79C-BA24-4283-8CA9-0451051ACC8A.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 11
Same as, loss of the display on one occasion, so had this cover made which I tend to use when no shade available to park the bike under.
Now on my third unit and the fogging/condensation problem still persists although not to the extent as before. I really think someone at MG or the instrument manufacturer should step up and address this issue.
Recently contacted Piaggio regarding brake recall and mentioned the fogging speedo issue. I am currently speaking to my dealer about this.
If all that have experienced this problem could let me know, I will pass on to Piaggio as I stated to them, this appears to be a perennial problem.

Recently contacted Piaggio regarding brake recall and mentioned the fogging speedo issue. I am currently speaking to my dealer about this.
If all that have experienced this problem could let me know, I will pass on to Piaggio as I stated to them, this appears to be a perennial problem.
I send pictures of my speedo to my dealer last june and still waiting that is one of the reason my bike is for sale. Moto Guzzi don't give a ... about there customers

Back