• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

frame difference between Centauro, 1100 sport , V11

ARVENO

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hello Guys ,
I have been pondering about getting a "modern" guzzi , as we speak i own a 1000sp cafer and love it , and i am planning to keep it , not replacing it .
I've ridden a carburated 1100 sport few years back and loved it .

I would love to find a fairly cheap V10 but that's almost impossible....
1100 SPORT sometimes they come up for sale here and there.....
V11 sport seems easier to find.

I would like to see in this thread V11 sport, 1100 sport and V10( centauro ) owners ( and not ) write their impression/feedback / pros and cons , drivability , ecc... about these bikes .

Question : I assume the frame of these bike is "similar" but what are the differences ? maybe the rake ? what else ?
Is the V10 and 1100 sport frame the same ? ( i think, but not sure, the V11 sport frame has less rake for better handling )

Thank a lot for your time , have a good one.
Cheers
Marco
BTW , if anyone has or see one of the mentioned bikes for sale in the US ,please PM me.

You can find the rake and wheelbase info online fairly quickly. The '00 V11 Sport had a shorter frame and a (then) new compact 6-spd, which shortened the wheelbase significantly, but I found it to be quite twitchy. In '02 for the Le Mans series, they added 1" to the frame near the head tube to lessen the twitchiness, and that frame stuck for all of the models from '03 on. The older spines were long and stable. The only downside in my mind of the older 1100 Sport/Daytona is the 1.6M ECU, fueling issues and a 3k RPM hiccup that can be fixed with a bow style cam chain tensioner. What's your budget? I always seem to hear of/know some for sale. I have a line now on a '98 Daytona RS, and a few V11 Sports.

GT , thank you very much for the info .
The RS is too nice and expensive for what i am willing to do . ( a stripped down street fighter :cool:
Last month I ran into a 97 1100 sport for 4.5k , but someone was faster then me....and got her .
I am not in hurry though....

Best
M.

I have a Daytona (converted to V11sport style naked) and the wife has a V11 sport, one of the early red frame versions.
The shorter, quicker steering, V11sport is a sharper tool then the older, longer, Daytona. But both are huge amounts of fun. They have a raw feel that newer bikes lack.
As for the twitchy feeling of the shorter V11sport? Todd is not alone in that sentiment but I would much rather have a red frame V11 then the later black frame version. I guess it is a matter of taste and set up. Most people with the later black frame versions end up dropping the front trying to get back the steering they lost (adding rake but taking away trail) and that seems less desirable then starting with the right geometry and setting it up correctly. Trail is my friend.

In the end, I highly recommend any of the bikes you mentioned. The big differences between them would be, the motor of the hi-cam 4 valver's (when set up right it is sweet, I compare it to a hot rod tractor), the sharp steering of the early V11 sports, the slower more stable feel of the later V11sports, and from what I understand the 1100 Sport has the same basic frame frame as the Daytona but without the hot rod motor. But the 1100 Sport motor is a nice motor in it's own right. I would bet some people prefer it to the Daytona motor as it is less finicky.

Hope that helps.

Back