• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

From Italy to British Columbia... Ciao!

fede78

Just got it firing!
Hey guys,
my name is Federico, I came from Italy to the lower mainland 4 months ago. I live in Burnaby BC and currently I'm working at Pacific Motosports, a Moto Guzzi & Aprilia Dealership in Richmond BC.
My interest for Moto Guzzi began in 2009 when I had a collaboration with Piaggio Group in organizing a Demo Ride Event in my hometown Pescara... since that time I started to love the Stelvio until I bought it in june 2010.
Then my love increased more... I bought and restored by my self last year an old 850 T (1975) as you can see in the picture below. Now my "baby" is alone at home in Italy and I'd like to ship it here (but not by the sea), but I didn' find a freight forwarder that operates from Italy to Canada.

Anyway, if someone wants to meet me, you can find me at the shop everyday, except for monday and sunday... we are closed.

I take this opportunity to let you know that next Saturday July 21st I'm organizing a Moto Guzzi & Aprilia show and shine event at the shop... there will be a BBQ and so many customers and friends from Vancouver area!
We will have the Aprilia 750 Shiver, Moto Guzzi V7 Classic, and the new Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX 2012 available for test rides...

I hope to see you there guys! :D

Saluti a tutti!

Federico.

PS: if someone wants to add me on Facebook you have to search for Federico Di Fonso. ;)

24366110151209180850278.jpg

It will be nice to meet 2 Stelvio fellows!!! I'm still a member of the "Guzzi Stelvio Club" (guzzistelvio.net)...
So we will exchange some impressions and feedback about our lovely Selvio!
I'm beside myself!!! :D :D :D :D :D

A friend will be there next Saturday with that beauty...

17787510151249985355278.jpg

Federico, welcome to the Forum. Great having native Italia speaking Guzzisti here. Something about the Guzzi addiction, eh? Nice bikes, post often.

Hi GT,
you say right: ADDICTION!
Holy §@*#... and it never goes away! Now I'm considering to buy a Moto Guzzi, an used one, but I have to wait to renew my work permit at the end of september.
We'll see...
Thank you for your welcome message! :)

See you! :D

Hey Frederico, welcome! You gave me a ride to the Skytrain after I'd dropped my Griso off for its first service a month or so back. Thanks for that! Hopefully we'll see you around shortly.

Hi catfish!!!
I remember of you... why dont you come next saturday 21st at the shop for the Moto Guzzi Show & Shine?
I think Thierry, the other guy with the red Griso, will come. So you can see his bike with the new rims by Kineo! ;)
See you! :mrgreen:

Federico, welcome to the forum - and to Canada! If i lived closer to you, I would stop by and introduce myself. Oh well, second best option is to look you up on Facebook, which I will do later today.

Ciao!

Bruce

BravoBravo said:
Federico, welcome to the forum - and to Canada! If i lived closer to you, I would stop by and introduce myself. Oh well, second best option is to look you up on Facebook, which I will do later today.

Ciao!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,
thank you for your double welcome! :mrgreen:
I'm waiting for your add request on Facebook... see you there! :D

@Mike: Yeah, firt Stradavarious, now here :mrgreen: ... but you can find me there with the same nickname: :p
- http://forum.animaguzzista.com/index.php
- http://www.guzzistelvio.net/sito/forum/index.php
- http://www.grisoguzzi.it/griso-guzzi-forum/home.html

So, the "show & shine" will start at 11 am... I will meet you there buddy! ;)

Hey Federico.

Good to see you at the Van. Motorcycle Show last week and to see you posting here also. I met you a few months back at your shop at the end of year party. I enjoyed speaking with you about Italy and MG bikes. Would love to take a ride around your beautiful home country on my Griso sometime. I am sure I will see you around Pacific Motors in the near future. Perhaps we can get a ride in later this year.

All the best,

Ed

Hey Fredi I finally connected with you - great seeing you a few weeks back at the shop and your promotion upstairs - lots of good scenery up there. lol
I'm still waiting for my Syelvio to get parts - the riding season will be finished first I think
I have some of the special oil additive you spoke about coming from Italy in August. My friend is coming from Milan and he will bring it to Smithers.
Hopefully I will have the bike by that time. ciao

Back