Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Front fork valving on a 1100 EV

Discussion in 'Loop & Tonti' started by moparrob, Jun 27, 2020.

1. moparrob

moparrob Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Has anyone had any success with using aftermarket front fork valves on an 1100 EV (Jackal/Calif) Tonti framed bike?

I just ordered some Hyperpro springs and have seen some overseas vendors selling from fork valves.

Any pros or cons with respect to using these? Any favorites? Preferred vendors?

Thanks.

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Contact Todd Egan directly by email. He owns/runs this website and the store/shop in the tab above.
    info @ guzzitech.com

john zibell likes this.
  3. moparrob

I completely forgot to check Todd's website before I ordered the springs. Not sure how that slipped my mind.

I will check in with him re the Race Tech fork emulators he sells and see if those are available and a bolt in procedure.

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

If you have the EV forks with Comp/Reb adjusters on top, they will not as they are a sealed cartridge assembly. If you have the non-adjust type that was on the Jackal, they will. Regardless, I highly recommend the Matris kits; https://gtmotocycles.com/collection...ia+model_california-1100?sort_by=best-selling -- they are all drop in and go.

5. moparrob

Thanks Todd. I already have the springs on the way so the entire kit would be duplicative (although in retrospect I should have checked with you before I ordered them).

I have the non-adjustable forks so I will need (want) the emulators. I will purchase them on the site and will let you know if I have any questions once the fork springs arrive and I perform the installation.