Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Front mudguards

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by stromcat, Jun 8, 2013.

1. stromcat

stromcat Cruisin' Guzzisti

Rode one of the new Aprilia Caponords the other week.Did about 200 miles on it whilst my Stelvio was being serviced,and I was very impressed.The suspension was uncannily good.But,what happened to the front mudguard? In common with a lot of new bikes these days,it was cut off just (and I mean just) behind the fork legs.Mud,water stones etc. are going to be flung at that expensive radiator and the rest of the bike.Is there any reason for this trend,maybe aerodynamics,or is it just a fashion thing?

2. organfixsing

organfixsing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Yeah, I agree with you. Stupid fashion "statement".
    Cheers
    Brian :shock:

3. motoguzziman

motoguzziman Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

With no front mudguard, yes you risk some damage to the bike, but in rain or mud the first thing you will notice , is your visor or goggles get covered with dirt and you cannot see where you are going. Not a good idea.
    Take Care Out There.

4. jiltedjohn

jiltedjohn Cruisin' Guzzisti

Perhaps its also a ploy, so you have to keep buying components . It's unlikely I would buy that model bike, but if someone gave me one, a HD electra glide front fender should fit nicely !

5. Rafael

Rafael GT Reference

My buddy with a '10 stelvio is considering the new 1200 Caponord. Hasn't arrived in the US yet, at least the bay area. Plans on test riding when it gets here. The CARC guzzis have made us take notice of Aprilia.

He's concerned about the stelvio trans shifting harder than it did for the first 11k miles. He was planing on upgrading to the '12 stelvio for the 8 gal gas tank but does not want to deal with the slow dealer responses to warranty issues. The clutch may be hanging up both of our B11s don't do this. . Not sure but he doesn't want to deal with that again. I tell him that maintenance will most likely be more expensive the the Capo or at least have to buy a bunch of new tools and deal with a chain and bucket shims. but I think he would rather just put a heavy screen on the Capo instead of listening the the occasional clunk of the Stelvio trans.

We'll see. He has more self control than I do when it comes to power so the bike may suit him well.