• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Front mudguards

stromcat

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Rode one of the new Aprilia Caponords the other week.Did about 200 miles on it whilst my Stelvio was being serviced,and I was very impressed.The suspension was uncannily good.But,what happened to the front mudguard? In common with a lot of new bikes these days,it was cut off just (and I mean just) behind the fork legs.Mud,water stones etc. are going to be flung at that expensive radiator and the rest of the bike.Is there any reason for this trend,maybe aerodynamics,or is it just a fashion thing?

Yeah, I agree with you. Stupid fashion "statement".
Cheers
Brian :shock:

With no front mudguard, yes you risk some damage to the bike, but in rain or mud the first thing you will notice , is your visor or goggles get covered with dirt and you cannot see where you are going. Not a good idea.
Take Care Out There.

Perhaps its also a ploy, so you have to keep buying components . It's unlikely I would buy that model bike, but if someone gave me one, a HD electra glide front fender should fit nicely !

My buddy with a '10 stelvio is considering the new 1200 Caponord. Hasn't arrived in the US yet, at least the bay area. Plans on test riding when it gets here. The CARC guzzis have made us take notice of Aprilia.

He's concerned about the stelvio trans shifting harder than it did for the first 11k miles. He was planing on upgrading to the '12 stelvio for the 8 gal gas tank but does not want to deal with the slow dealer responses to warranty issues. The clutch may be hanging up both of our B11s don't do this. . Not sure but he doesn't want to deal with that again. I tell him that maintenance will most likely be more expensive the the Capo or at least have to buy a bunch of new tools and deal with a chain and bucket shims. but I think he would rather just put a heavy screen on the Capo instead of listening the the occasional clunk of the Stelvio trans.

We'll see. He has more self control than I do when it comes to power so the bike may suit him well.

Back