Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Fuel filter options, Stelvio NTX

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 14, 2013.

1. AZRider

AZRider Just got it firing!

Does anyone know the dimensions of the o ring that seals the fuel filter output neck to the “cap” of the pump assembly on large-tank Stelvios? New ones come in the box with the OEM all-plastic filter, and the kit from Moto International came with two o-rings, if anyone still has one of their kits around. The o-ring in Todd's 3rd picture on the first page of this thread.

Also does anyone know if it’s normal for fuel to be rushing out from that area when the pump primes and at idle? I can see it happening when the fuel level is below the filter. This is why I think I need to replace the o ring.

2. AZRider

AZRider Just got it firing!

Took it apart and measured, matched to nothing metric, but quite nicely to the US nominal inch “dash number” o-ring size 203.
    McMaster Carr sells Viton and Fluorosilicone in that size. Viton is supposedly only OK with gasohol, which is all I can get in California. I ordered a package of each last night and they arrived today and both matched perfectly, so I used one of each and I will see how the Viton is doing at the next filter change.