• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Lines

Guzzi850T3

Just got it firing!
Hi All

Need to replace my fuel lines on my 1975 T3 which have clear lines currently. The lines are large to say the least! What size and type has the most success? The lines are connected in a crossover fashion but have been told the best solution is left line straight to right carb and right to left carb and NO crossover? What is the conciseness as to what is best? Anyone know why there is a crossover arrangement?? Looking forward to your thoughts on this, so thanks in advance.

Instead of the crossover I use a metal double inlet banjo on each carb- if you have plastic ones you should replace them as they tend to snap.

MG cycle do a very nice clear blue 5/16 poly line - excellent stuff that does not harden like vinyl etc.

Yup, the double banjo fuel spigots...

I have used this set up for many Guzzis.. just installed the same on a friend's SP last night, great choice IMO.

7890.jpg

And 7mm braided fuel line... Excellent stuff, no clamps required.

18950612.jpg

Just as an FYI though, when you use this hose you will need to put the hose on the spigot first on the leg that is nearest the carb body, then put the spigot on the carb, depending on how you route the tap, the hose is thick and trying to put it on after is futile... You will see what I mean when you start to install the banjo and discern the correct angle for both the feed side and the balance side.

The crossover is for balancing the fuel from side to side... You can actually run just one fuel tap /petcock that way if you like but run both for best volume of fuel delivery.

Best,
Rob

Another vote for double metal banjos, which I always run with both taps open on my 78 T3. I too use the 7mm braided black stuff, though I use hose clamps too, well, just because the hoses could split up at the top, & why not. You may have to experiment a bit with banjo positioning & hose routing depending on specifics of your bike.

FWIW, what Guzzi was intending with the crossover was to run it off the right petcock only. That left the left petcock as a reserve. When the engine starts to miss, just reach down and turn on the left petcock, no need to remove your hand from the throttle, and you have better than a gallon in reserve.

The petcocks each have a reserve position. Just as easy to swith from on to reserve as from off to on. And after all, T3 has 6 useable gallons fuel capacity. How much do you need?

The early Guzzis didn't have a reserve on the petcocks, just on and off. That's what the crossover was all about. Naturally, since they still had a barrel full of crossovers, they kept using them after they started using petcocks with reserve. :) I think they're still using stuff from WW2 Fiat fighters..
They still used the electric fuel petcock for years after they went to fuel injection. No reason to shut off the fuel on those. <shrug>

OK if you say so, though we're talking about a T3 here, which does have a reserve, & if I recall correctly my Eldo did too, so you must be talking REAL early....

Also, if one side of the tank/petcock runs out of fuel before the other, which would seem to be pretty possible, both carbs still get fuel with a crossover, but not without.

I was just saying where the crossover came from. It was standard on the V700, which had petcocks that were only on or off. That's the way the reserve worked. In typical Guzzi fashion, however, they never got rid of it when it was no longer needed.:laugh:

Back