• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Sensor Tech Bulletin

As the Brevas come out of warranty, and the Norges will be soon,
the Einsteins in Mandello have finally decided to offer the fuel level sensor as a separate item,
as opposed to a complete pump assembly.
I know we have replaced a couple pumps due to level sensor failure.
Pure genius.

My guage was not reading full for a few thorusand miles, then the filter fell apart from the plastic section expanding. When the dealer replaced with an all metal filter and better hoses, the guage started working correctly again.
:huh:

I'm not sure I understand the intent of the bulletin - am I just dumb or is it my lack of understanding the Italian tech spoeak???

Is it saying

1) That in future they will just replace the sender unit if one is found to be dud, rather than the whole pump assembly which includes the sender by default. Presumably this would be because they have realised that they really are a crap design and it was costing a motsa to replace the whole unit but that was all they had, and now they have sourced a heap of individual sender units to keep the bean counters happy because they know that they are going to continue to fail.

or

2) That they now have admitted that the sender units are a crap design and have a newly designed one that will give more accurate readings and be more reliable.

Hopefully both Mike.

You have to admit it makes far more sense to just replace the level sender rather than the whole caboodle. Not as if it will take any longer to do either.

Looking at it from the perspective of a Norge owner whose bike will be out of warranty in 7 months and who has not had a problem so far. I would certainly would rather pay for the sending unit rather then the whole assembly. When will they ever learn (not just Piaggio) that bean counting doesn't replace a good dose of common sense thrown in.

My fuel pump crapped out at 1000 miles, another installed from a demo bike by the dealer, the pump worked, the gauge did not, then another pump installed from a new bike sitting on the floor and all has been fine since. I can't believe it has taken this long to figure out that the gauge sensor can be replaced. Go figure.

Do they just quit reading anything or is it a partial failure. I called my dealer a while back to report my gauge would only go to 7/8 tank and not full. I said I could live with it but if it was a harbinger of future trouble I would like to replace it.

I don't know if this works for every one, but it certainly does for me.

I have a 2006 B11 (bought new). Under warranty I had the fuel sensor changed because it started reading only upto the half way mark.

About 6 months ago, the problem resurfaced.

What I discovered is, I let it run for about 20-30kms with the low fuel warning light on. Since I've started doing this, it's being reading correctly even if I don't do it every tank.

cheers

Robert

Re: Re:Fuel Sensor Tech Bulletin

Jetboy said:
My guage was not reading full for a few thorusand miles, then the filter fell apart from the plastic section expanding. When the dealer replaced with an all metal filter and better hoses, the guage started working correctly again.
:huh:
Any part numbers? Name brands or sources, who is your dealer? My 07' with 17,000 mi. is doing fine so far but I'd like to be ahead of the curve maybe a winter project.

I filled up my '06 B11 this morning and noticed that the gauge only went to 3/4 full. To my knowledge, this is the first time it hasn't displayed correctly. Has anyone attempted to replace the sensor themselves? How big a job is it?

No harder than changing the fuel filter. Saying that I would not panic if this is the first time it has happened to you. My fuel guage may or may not go to full when I fill up. It may or may not go to full a few miles after I fill up. Once the tank reaches where the guage stopped, generally about 7/8, it is very accurate after that. I have already changed to the metal filter.

hello,does anybody know the price for this fuel sensor?

thanks,

hen197

Back