• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel solenoid valve

muchoguzto

Just got it firing!
My Fuel solenoid valves are being pushed into the Head pipes & one has already melted the wiring to cause a disconnect. the other is damn close to doing the same and now I'm afraid to ride it for fear of it shutting off the fuel to the engine. How do I raise the tank back up & keep it from happening in the future. Has anyone ever heard of this happening to any Guzzi much less a Quota? Can you solder the wiring back into the solenoid, or do I need to replace after getting them away from the manifold/head pipes. I gues this was caused by my dropping the bike a few times with my 29" inseam. Oh & where do i list my bikes? I didn't see anywhere except where it says they weren't listed.

To list bikes, go to "User Control Panel" Then "Profile" Then "Edit Signature"

As for the fuel taps, I've never seen them that close to a head. I'd check the mount point of the tank at the rear to see if there is an issue. As for soldering the wires back onto the solenoid, it depends if enough wire is still exposed. If not, then new ones are in order. If the electric fuel valve is the same part number as the 98 EV I'd consider using manual fuel valves as the 1993 California uses. If it isn't the same valve as on the 1998 I don't know if a manual valve is available.

Thanks John! I went to the Va rally and got the same info there. There were 2 or 3 other Quotas there & all of them had done the same thing. I'd trailered my bike up there for fear of the other valve's wires going the same way, because it was already making contact with the manifold as well (not head pipes as stated earlier). As soon as I got there, some ones came up & told me the general fix was to use manual petcocks. Saturday, Howard of Md helped me to disable the plunger in the solenoid & tie off the broken wires. Now, at least until I get get those petcocks replaced, I can ride w/o worrying about the fuel being shut off on the 2nd solenoid. I just have to worry about my shifter shaft coming loose, but I was told by the other Quota rider, how to drop a small nail shaft or screw in a drilled hole through the sleeve & shaft. I'm glad I went ahead & trailered the bike up there, instead of cancelling out all together!

Thanks again!
Mat "Muchoguzto"

Back