Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

G2 throttle tube.

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Chris Wilson, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson Tuned and Synch'ed

Anyone had any experience with these?
    The reason for asking is that I have just installed a new set of Oxford retro grips on my Bellagio only to discover that the original throttle tube has been thoroughly hacked by the previous owner, add to that is the fact that said owner attacked the right hand bar with a grinder?
    Why I simply don't know as it's against all logic since the tube would rotate SO much better on smooth chrome.

Attached Files:

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I suggest going with the original part. GU01606480 If you decide to replace the handle bar it is part number 978310

3. Chris Wilson

Thanks for the reply John.
    But please accept that the original part is not fit for service without modification.
    The longitudinal ribs and the collar that are molded into the tube as standard must be removed before considering a slip on grip.
    So why pay for full price for an original knowing that you have to extensively modify it?
    That and when changing grips again somewhere in the future they normally have to be sliced off with a razor knife and I would imagine that the standard plastic tube would fare far worse than an after market alloy one.
    The cam ramp on the throttle cable under tension I could not care less about, it's more about buying a tube without obstructions molded into it.
    In my experience a lot of Guzzi repairs like this gives one an opportunity to improve things, so can you see any downside to the G2 throttle tube?
    Thanks again, Chris.

4. john zibell

Sounds like you have made up your mind.

5. Chris Wilson

Far from it John, hence why I asked if their was any experience with an alternative.
    If someone comes along and says, I dunno, the G2 throttle has issue XYZ then I might have more information to go on but at the moment I don't.
    I have pressed the original hacked up throttle tube back into service but it's far from ideal.
    Maybe someone knows of a better solution than the G2 throttle, another brand perhaps or a tube from another model of Guzzi without the ribs and collar.
    I really am open to suggestions.

6. john zibell

My concern is fit in the right hand assembly. I know the stock unit will fit. As for after market, I don't think many Guzzi riders use them.

7. Chris Wilson

You are making me want to order one just to see if there are any benefits!
    Thanks for the help John.