• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Garmin zumo xt mount

Also, the Garmin gives me an accurate speedometer. The speedometer on my 2021 V85TT is rather optimistic.

That is some clever ingenuity and a great looking mount. I did the Isotta one that actually has the bracket using that hole as well as an arm with a rubber bushing to help stabilize it. It works great and really holds a Carplay unit I have up there at the moment but I am switching to putting my Garmin XT up there in its place this weekend. I will try to take pics and post should that happen as planned. It wasn't cheap with shipping I think about $132 Euros but I it was so easy to install and complete I think it was worth it for me. I have attached a pic of the mount from their website.
Does the little rubber bushing on the arm touch the bodywork underneath the windscreen when installed on your bike? Or is it floating just above the bodywork? I just installed the Isotta GPS mount on my V100s. It is very stable, but that little ribber bushing on the arm is about 1/4 inch off of the bodywork, not touching at all.

Thanks

Thank you - I thought that would make sense. I'll loosen things up and see where I can adjust. I really like having the GPS front and center to minimize eyes off the road...

I've been riding large dual sport bikes for the last 15 years and am keeping my '20 Triumph T900RP as the V100 stablemate. I am accustomed to a lot of real estate to farkle and like to mount the GPS above the dash as a heads-up tool, I dislike having to look down at the bars to operate or look at the GPS screen.

I use a Zumo XT - which is easily powered from the OEM installed connector for the USB port that is to the LHS of the dash. The connector is a 12V feed, with a 3A fuse (shared with the rear USB) - so 1.5A draw per USB supply ...exactly what the Zumo requires.

Obviously, the V100 is a very different animal with a compact cockpit, so I was delighted to find the MV Motorad above dash mount. However, it is only a two-point mount with a tall and wide bridge and my concerns about it vibrating and bouncing like a banshee proved justified. So, I set about a fix by fashioning a small bracket fastener from 1/2" aluminium (I'm a Brit afterall...LOL) flat stock and attaching it to the plastic peak panel over the dash, as the pictures show. The three-point mount is now acceptably solid. Problem solved.

- reused the M5 panel screw that was removed and replaced with the MV bridge mounting to attach the bracket to the plastic peak, with an M5 nylon lock nut underneath.
- purchased the correct waterproof 2-pin connectors to match the OEM fittings (Amazon $14.99 for 5 connectors male & female).
- the ram ball unscrews from the MV mount, removed one spacer washer from the ball side to accommodate the bracket on the other side. The ram arm still has enough space to securely attach to the ball.
- the Zumo mini power brick slides next to the OEM connector, there is ample room behind where the USB port would mount to
accommodate the lengthy wire from the brick to the Zumo XT mount.
- checked polarity of the OEM connector to ensure correct attachment to the Zumo cable (I don't have a wiring diagram).

The finished look from my line of sight (the screen was still off the bike).

View attachment 31523

Zumo off, screen on.

View attachment 31525

The mounting fix.

View attachment 31526View attachment 31527

Zumo wire from the port.

View attachment 31528

The MV bar is simple but well fabricated, however, they could have done with supplying another couple of beveled spacers to go in front of the bar so the bolts seat fully and don't smile at you... (the beveled spacer behind the bar is just visible). Oh, and they supplied one bolt with a hex head the other a Torx...

View attachment 31529

Cheers - BritGit
I like your solution; exactly which MG product did you use? With hindsight, would you still go with the same version or one of their other products? I’m going to go down the same route in order to use my 660 on the Mandello ( currently using it with a TT powered, locking mount on my CB500X.

Hi Sapper;

I used the mount from MV Motorrad (clickable link).

As mentioned in my post that you quoted in order for the XT to be stable the MV bracket needs to be connected to the plastic at top of the dash. This will require fabrication of a small bracket and drilling into the plastic, which I was comfortable doing but isn't everyone's cup of tea. I also used a couple of sprung washers on the bolt holding the RAM ball to the mount + blue loctite, to ensure it stayed tight.

Here is a picture of the bike with the Carplay unit installed on the Isotta. I prefer my Garmin for GPS so switching it out soon.
I just purchased a V100 and I'm thinking about ordering one of these from Isotta for my Zumo XT2. Curious, if you've made the switch, any issue with clearance for the wind screen? Moto-Mate has a nice one with zero clearance issues have been out of stock.

I just purchased a V100 and I'm thinking about ordering one of these from Isotta for my Zumo XT2. Curious, if you've made the switch, any issue with clearance for the wind screen? Moto-Mate has a nice one with zero clearance issues have been out of stock.
No issues with windshield clearance with the Isotta mount and my Garmin XT.

Back