Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Gazi Twin Shocks - GuzziTech

Discussion in 'GT Suspension' started by GT-Rx®, Jan 28, 2012.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

We are now stocking Gazi Twin Shocks. I have personally used/sold these in the past, and I highly recommend them as a high-end shock at a great price.

The shocks come standard with adjustable length of 335~345mm/13.2~13.6" - longer lengths are optional (+10/15/20/30/40mm for a small fee) via a shock extender/ride height adjuster. Right now, they do not offer a 390mm length for the V7C line, but I hope to have an update on this soon -- Edit: They have successfully built some for the V7C, contact me if you'd be interested in a pair.

Comments/questions or to order, contact me direct e-mail please; Todd at GuzziTech.com

All offer:
    Ride height adjustment
    Precise thread adjustable spring preload
    Nitrogen charged
    Aluminium construction
    Fully Rebuildable

SportLite - $459
    • No damping adjustment
      Ride height adjustable
      Spring diameter 63mm
      12.7mm : 1/2" shaft
      30mm Piston
      Recommend for older/lighter LMs, etc. & Cafe Racer projects

HyperLite - $549
    • No damping adjustment
      Ride height adjustable
      Spring diameter 63mm
      12.7mm shaft
      30mm Piston
      Recommend for older/lighter LMs, etc. & Cafe Racer projects

SportX - $699
    • Rebound Adjustment
      Ride Height Adjustable
      Spring Diameter 70mm
      15mm shaft
      40mm Piston
      High quality replacement/recommended for the California line

HyperX - $799
    • Compression and rebound adjustment
      Ride height adjustable
      Spring diameter 70mm
      15mm shaft
      40mm Piston
      High quality replacement/recommended for the California line*

*California models with the chrome shroud over the shock tops will have fitment issues with this model. Contact me direct for options to make it work

Attached Files:

2. cjb4u

cjb4u Just got it firing!

sweet! it is about time to upgrade my 02 ev. How hard is it to fit the hyperx to the 02 california ev.

3. GT-Rx®

If you remove the shrouds over the top of the shocks, they fit beautifully. If you want to keep the shrouds, (they may fit with the reservoir facing forwards), or they can also be run upside down.
    I'm placing an order on Monday for re-stock, so let me know how soon if you want them (so I can order one extra pair).

4. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I have just recently fitted a set of Sport X on the LeMans. They are a quality unit and look good as well.
    I'll be setting them up this weekend and will give them their first try out on Sunday.

5. guzzi jon

guzzi jon High Miler GT Contributor

I mounted good shocks from Todd and binned my plastic chrome duckheads, looks better, dont need em, they just fall off anyway

6. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I set mine up today, and although it sais you should have all your riding gear on it was just to hot for that. So at 100kg and with the spring collars wound right up and the bottom mount adjusters wound right down I was just able to get 38mm of sag (35-50mm required) so with all my gear on I may get a few more mm.

Unless I am doing something wrong I can't see how someone weighing 80-90kg is going to be able to get the right sag. I'll be heading out early in the morning before it gets to hot, to play around with the rebound settings.

7. GT-Rx®

I now have the HyperLite, SportX, and HyperX in stock and ready to ship. Free shipping on those in stock until the end of the month. Contact me direct for info or to order; Todd at GuzziTech.com

The HyperLite and SportX are in stock for the older LM/T's, and the SportX and HyperX are the longer versions.

These will not fit the 750 small blocks, but stay tuned for more info soon.

8. guzzied

guzzied Just got it firing!

Hi Todd,

I just got back into riding and picked up a 2002 EV, it needs help in the suspension department and I would like to get some decent shocks. Which Gazi shocks do you suggest, the Sport X or the Hyper X, and I believe the 02 EV uses the longer length shocks as well?

Also, the forks need to be re sprung and I didn't see any offerings for this bike, any options?

Thanks,
    Mike in Oakland

9. GT-Rx®

Mike, welcome back. Long time.

Either will work well. The Hyper adds compression adjustment and the piggyback res. On the EV, it has to be run with the res facing forward or inverted.

If your EV has adjustable forks, I can get you springs. If they don't, check out the Matris drop in kit for the Norge.

Contact me direct e-mail; Todd at GuzziTech.com

10. mg spd rcr

mg spd rcr Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I have the HyperX on my '98 EV11 which I switched to the newer, wider swing-arm that allows me to run the longer 14" shocks. I just broke 'em in on a recent 2k trip. I'm very happy with them... they perform as well as, or better than the Ohlins piggybacks they replaced while they were getting serviced (from a worn/leaking seal). Needless to say the Ohlins have not made it back to my bike. The GAZI SHOCKS PERFORM! I am finding that I can run with more sag and not bottom out vs the Ohlins or Wilber's I have on Jackal I just sold. The GAZI shocks are a great value same level performance and less $$$, now I just need to do complete upgrade to forks (right now only spring change and oil)... to get them close to being as good as the rear shocks.
    :woohoo:

Attached Files:

11. profwacko

profwacko Cruisin' Guzzisti

Please tell me you sold the shocks and not the Jackal.

-Jack (stunned in Austin)

12. mg spd rcr

mg spd rcr Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Hey Jack!
    Yea I did the unthinkable...sold the Jackal, see sig line...it is still my favorite bike but I needed to thin the herd should sell more but now just have the EV11 and V11 sport Scura (Guzzi world) and have a Triumph 1050 Tiger. Plus just bought a 4 wheeled motorcycle :woohoo: a Fiat 500 Abarth in Stock trim it puts out 160hp/170 ft # torque and about 2,200 lbs it is my rainy day motorcycle!