• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Gel seat insert & or Airhawk

Airhawk sucks big time for and my wife.

Stock Stelvio seat is good for us.

Sheepskin makes it comfortable for all day rides.

Maybe. Gel seat with the AirHawk and a sheepskin on top is the answer. :lol:

Cheers

Ian

Are you getting enough time in the saddle, I know if I don't ride my bikes often enough or haven't done big miles recently I definitley feel it?

guards 1656 said:
Are you getting enough time in the saddle, I know if I don't ride my bikes often enough or haven't done big miles recently I definitley fell it?

Probably not, it's too uncomfortable, so much that I've started using my VFR more.

Ian

Ian,

I'll attempt to side with you, a little. When I first got the Stelvio, I was perfectly happy with the seat. As time wore on, the seat wore on my arse. By the time I had 12,000 mi I couldn't take it any longer. I went over to Bill Mayer's (no help for you, Ian) and had a new seat constructed to fit. It's been an all dayer ever since.

Keith

10000 mi round trip to alaska i vote airhawk and sheepskin....couldnt wait to get on the bike every day...no exceptions

:D Smartest thing I did was cough up the bucks for a Russel Day long saddle. I can now do 400+ mile days comfy!!

pnguzzi said:
:D Smartest thing I did was cough up the bucks for a Russel Day long saddle. I can now do 400+ mile days comfy!!

Note to myself. A Russel Day long will take me down to 400 mile days, from 600 mile days.
:?

:lol:

mrfixit said:
10000 mi round trip to alaska i vote airhawk and sheepskin....couldnt wait to get on the bike every day...no exceptions

a picture how to adjust a saddle for the Stelvio ?

Any saddle brands available on the market ?

Frederik

Big E said:
Maybe. Gel seat with the AirHawk and a sheepskin on top is the answer.

I think you'll need long legs for that combo as it'll be a high saddle by the time you get that lot fitted ! Maybe just ditch the saddle and drop in an old Chesterfield from a second hand store ? Suite :lol:

Let me give you my 0.02 worth..........

I was ready to pull the trigger and spend the big bucks on a Russell Day Long, I have had them on many bike and they just plain work well.

Early this spring I was doing a lot of reading on long distance riding, a common factor amoung these folks was the clothing that they wear, well underclothing to be exact.

Most wore clothing from this web site: www.ldcomfort.com I broke down and purchased some for the wife and myself and used it for the first time 2 weekends ago on my F650GS and WOW what a difference.

I picked up my Stelvio from an extended stay at the dealer getting new cams and tappets installed and drove it home this past Saturday. The OAT temp. was 94 degrees F, normally I'm good for about an hours drive and then I really start squirming around and standing on the pegs to give my ass some relief. I made the 2 hour and 15 minute trip without squirming around what so ever, the trip was very enjoyable, even in the heat.

The clothing is expensive, but so is a new rebuilt seat. I'm a firm believer now in the correct riding appearal, jeans and normal under garments under normal riding gear get bunched up and create hot spots, these new undergarments do not bunch at all and almost act like air conditioning as you sweat.

BTW, I have no vested interest in this company what so ever. Their stuff just works for me and the wife.

Thanks for the tip. Just finished 550 miles on my new Stelvio and I can barely sit down to watch ball game. I'm also a cyclist and agree that the clothes can matter more than the saddle... I'll definitely check them out.

Thanks!

Back