• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Gettin Back in the Saddle

Trout

GT Reference
OK Boys I'm new to this forum stuff so first a quick intro. Rode Guzzis from 1971 to 1990. At one time I had 6 ponies in the stable. 70 Ambassador, 71 Ambassador, 74 Calif Police w/front disc brake, 73 El Do w/ drum brakes, & an 850T3. All sold as a package in 1990 to start a business. I have regretted it but financialy it has paid off and I'm ready to ride and start collecting again.
I would like to start with the V7 Cafe but it seems that the she is a bit underpowered although from what I have read owners seem real content. What speed parts are available for the small blocks these days in case I get bored with the performance? Anybody out there have any extended ride time on the cafe or the classic that they could share I would appreciate it. All for now. Peace

WOW! Thanks for the links to the owners of the V7 they sure answered my "fears" about purchasing.

Trout said:
OK Boys I'm new to this forum stuff so first a quick intro. Rode Guzzis from 1971 to 1990. At one time I had 6 ponies in the stable. 70 Ambassador, 71 Ambassador, 74 Calif Police w/front disc brake, 73 El Do w/ drum brakes, & an 850T3. All sold as a package in 1990 to start a business. I have regretted it but financialy it has paid off and I'm ready to ride and start collecting again.
I would like to start with the V7 Cafe but it seems that the she is a bit underpowered although from what I have read owners seem real content. What speed parts are available for the small blocks these days in case I get bored with the performance? Anybody out there have any extended ride time on the cafe or the classic that they could share I would appreciate it. All for now. Peace

Trout, speed parts are hard to come by for the V7C. We could really do with some. The group below explored several options; the big bore kit, electronic mods, etc. But what's really needed are some factory speed parts.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MG_750/
The V7C has adequate power. Equal or better to your older machines, but it is a slighter smaller bike than what you used to ride. I'm happy with mine, but if I did long distance touring with a passenger I would want a larger machine. Overall I like it's svelte, lightweight, and easy nature. I don't want anything bigger.

Joe

Trout, first off welcome to the Forum! The V7C as you'll hear (and have now read) is a fun, light "little" machine. Depending on your physical size/stature you may very well enjoy the 750, many here do. There isn't much available performance wise for the bike for a reason, if you want more motor, buy a bigger bike. The few mods that are available via here (GuzziTech) are the oil sump spacer, Power Commander, mufflers and suspension. If you want to do more then that, again, buy bigger. Rumor has leaked that a "V9" maybe in the immediate works, but if you're here in the States, don't hold your breath for it any time soon. Post again/often.

I love my V7C. As for underpowered, no way, it is a small block and does not like to run under 3500 RPM. As has been stated if you want more power go bigger. First thing you need to do is find a dealer around you who will give you a test ride. Then go wring it out above 4000 RPM on some twisty roads and believe me you will come back smiling with pen in hand. :D :lol:

Bill

You could have the wheels re-laced with alloy rims. Make them lighter and go to 17" front & back. Take off the rear foot pegs & holders, they're a lot of dead weight. Get the Fast By Ferracci carbon cans to ditch the steel cans.

Too bad someone doesn't make a 2 into 1 exhaust with a carbon can. That would really save some weight.

I'd like to have a second V7 just so I could have a standard & a cafe racer. The wife would shoot me though.

I've been adding weight to my V7C to make it a light touring rig, not taking it off.

DSC01874.jpg

minimike said:
Too bad someone doesn't make a 2 into 1 exhaust with a carbon can. That would really save some weight.
Off topic, but I'd be happy to make one if there's any interest using either my stainless or carbon mufflers shown below. I'll separate this thread if any takers, or reach me direct for more info.

GTRx-NS12-S1.jpg

GT-S12CarbonMuff1.jpg

Hey Minimike,

Do you make a slip on for the 750 Nevada? How much do you charge? I've been looking for something that will let my Goose sound like a Guzzi and take a bit of weight off.

Thanks,

Bobcat

Hey Now! Thanks to everyone for their input on the V7 Cafe. Sounds like a lot of satisfaction out there. I have considered going for the bigger, higher horses but in reality I don't really need it, it's more of a throwback to yesteryear and always tryin to squeeze a little more out of any machine. Habits are hard to break! The newer modern styling does very little for me and that is what attracted me to the V7 Classic and Cafe in the first place. Recently while surfing I came across a picture of a Guzzi 940 "Scrambler Instinct" other than the pic I have never been able to find any info on it. I guess it was a prototype but I sure did like the looks. Anybody know anything about it? All for now. Ride in Peace. Trout

Ay, My Shout Trout !
The 750 Breva has the same engine as the V 7.
Only difference is the fuel tank, the Breva is 18 liters. Nice on the ET Highway, but still needed the extra can in the bags, to get from Rachel to Tonopah.
I rode mine from New York to California, during a 3 year period.
OK Grossly overloaded and with 2 up, we still managed at least 88 mph.
You need more ? your call ! :lol:

I bought a V7 Café last weekend. While you could definitely say that it's underpowered and overpriced, it's just a dandy little motorcycle. I don't believe I'll be doing more than just replacing the incredibly anemic horns and probably adding some cylinder protectors. If the basic hardware of the bike supported dual disks (it doesn't), I might opt for going that route. More ponies could be coaxed out of engine of course, but I have two other bikes for that kind of duty. Get a V7 Café and ride it like you stole it! :p

Back