• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Getting the "SERVICE URGENT" error code

I bought a new-old-stock B044414 TPS from eBay and replaced it myself. It wasn't that difficult, I was very careful to not damage any cables and took lot's of photos during removal which made it much easier to re-install. The most difficult part was removing and re-installing the two throttle cables to the TPS. The whole job took a couple hours. Afterwards you need to do Handle Learning then Throttle Learning (in that order). You will need the cables and Guzzidiag to do that.

There's a video of a guy replacing the demand sensor and checking/calibrating using Diag on YouTube (it's in German though, but you get the gist of it and Google Translate or other dictionary be used to translate specific words). The Workshop manual also gives you suggested voltage for the 4 tracks A-D if you think there might be a problem.

I sometimes wonder if this guy ever gets to ride his bike as he's always taking it apart to make videos (glad he does though)

There's a video of a guy replacing the demand sensor and checking/calibrating using Diag on YouTube (it's in German though, but you get the gist of it and Google Translate or other dictionary be used to translate specific words). The Workshop manual also gives you suggested voltage for the 4 tracks A-D if you think there might be a problem.

I sometimes wonder if this guy ever gets to ride his bike as he's always taking it apart to make videos (glad he does though)

I kid you not, I'd pay for copies of those videos with English Subtitles. I just verified again today via GuzziDiag that my error is still the P0155. Time to fix it. Shopping around for the Demand Sensor now to purchase and finally fix this issue.

The video is interesting because it seems he leaves the main body in place and just swaps the Left and right Sensors from the new one. Seems like it simplifies the replacement. Is this generally what folks are doing when they replace them?

Cheers, joe

I kid you not, I'd pay for copies of those videos with English Subtitles. I just verified again today via GuzziDiag that my error is still the P0155. Time to fix it. Shopping around for the Demand Sensor now to purchase and finally fix this issue.

The video is interesting because it seems he leaves the main body in place and just swaps the Left and right Sensors from the new one. Seems like it simplifies the replacement. Is this generally what folks are doing when they replace them?

Cheers, joe

Haven't done it (or needed to do it) but that would make sense as it means the cables could be left in place. Someone said earlier that re-attaching the cables was the trickest bit to the job.

Haven't done it (or needed to do it) but that would make sense as it means the cables could be left in place. Someone said earlier that re-attaching the cables was the trickest bit to the job.
Every thing on these bikes is a big job take for example the air filter or the alternator belt hahaha...

Every thing on these bikes is a big job take for example the air filter or the alternator belt hahaha...

Don't mention the clutch replacement. Seriously the only way these bikes are cheap on maintenance is if you can do it all yourself. For everyone else there's a Honda. That might explain their depreciation and lack of interest from other bikers. One good major service could cost more than the 2nd hand value of the bike.

Last edited:
I was riding w/friend yesterday on a 111 Indian, said it was in shop for 3 weeks cause he was getting stuff on dash. He was amazed at how well the V700 ran & handled through the twisties.
One reason I retired, don't want to be a dash mechanic. Lights, charge, oil pressure, neutral, enough lights.

Hi to all,
This is my experience with the "Urgent service" & red Triangle of death.
I purchased me Guzzi Touring in Feb 2015. Ordered and fitted Tods full fueling system, all good to go. Started my round Australia trip (15,000km round trip) on 06-05-2015, towing my Ali-lite Trailer.

Day one the issues started, PO608, PO609, & PO611. with Urgent service and red Triangle and bike in limp mode. Not a good start! Luckily Tod's reader/writer diagnostic tool got me going again. This issue continued for about another 5,500km with the codes PO608, PO611, Po154, PO155, & PO156 in different configurations. The Guzzi spat the dummy, would start run and stop after about 500 meters, Not good, ambient temp about 36 degrees C. So I stopped and converted the bike back to standard running i.e. removed the fueling system mod. (took all the parts with me).

When I returned home, I took my bike to guzzi dealer, who had it for some time. They were directed by Guzzi to clean the Demand sender terminals, and that's all they did. For a while this worked but then the issues were back. I then decided to try and sort it myself. Took all bits off to get to the demand sender. Cleaned all the contacts with spray on Contact Cleaner/Lubricant. Also found connector plugs on the RHS of the head stem (Two off) that the demand sender wiring goes through. Cleaned them as well. ( I sprayed the plugs and pushed them in and out several times).
The result is I have not had an issue for about 15,000km so far. I will eventually refit the fueling system mod back on as this was not the problem causer.

I have traveled 58,000km mostly towing trailer and all going well so far.
Regards CaliVic, Australia.

Hi to all,
This is my experience with the "Urgent service" & red Triangle of death.
I purchased me Guzzi Touring in Feb 2015. Ordered and fitted Tods full fueling system, all good to go. Started my round Australia trip (15,000km round trip) on 06-05-2015, towing my Ali-lite Trailer.

Day one the issues started, PO608, PO609, & PO611. with Urgent service and red Triangle and bike in limp mode. Not a good start! Luckily Tod's reader/writer diagnostic tool got me going again. This issue continued for about another 5,500km with the codes PO608, PO611, Po154, PO155, & PO156 in different configurations. The Guzzi spat the dummy, would start run and stop after about 500 meters, Not good, ambient temp about 36 degrees C. So I stopped and converted the bike back to standard running i.e. removed the fueling system mod. (took all the parts with me).

When I returned home, I took my bike to guzzi dealer, who had it for some time. They were directed by Guzzi to clean the Demand sender terminals, and that's all they did. For a while this worked but then the issues were back. I then decided to try and sort it myself. Took all bits off to get to the demand sender. Cleaned all the contacts with spray on Contact Cleaner/Lubricant. Also found connector plugs on the RHS of the head stem (Two off) that the demand sender wiring goes through. Cleaned them as well. ( I sprayed the plugs and pushed them in and out several times).
The result is I have not had an issue for about 15,000km so far. I will eventually refit the fueling system mod back on as this was not the problem causer.

I have traveled 58,000km mostly towing trailer and all going well so far.
Regards CaliVic, Australia.

1400 Eldo 2016. Never owned a new bike in my life. When I turned 65 I bought this bike new and rode to California, had a great trip. Last year the warning light went on once. stopped, stated again and then no problem 6K on bike. This summer it happens every other week. Sometimes several times during a ride. Sometimes it starts up again but the speedo and ABS warning light stays on. The next day it runs perfectly. FTW? Checked everything I could..which is about nothing. The nearest dealer is 350 miles away. From what is posted here it sounds like I need to drop off the bike for a long time, hitchhike home then return a week later and then they probably didn't fix it. I love the bike, really comfortable, handles well, great looking bike..... but I am ready to get rid of it but cannot sell it in good consensus with this stupid internment issue. Ready to go back to old bikes I can understand. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

1400 Eldo 2016. Never owned a new bike in my life. When I turned 65 I bought this bike new and rode to California, had a great trip. Last year the warning light went on once. stopped, stated again and then no problem 6K on bike. This summer it happens every other week. Sometimes several times during a ride. Sometimes it starts up again but the speedo and ABS warning light stays on. The next day it runs perfectly. FTW? Checked everything I could..which is about nothing. The nearest dealer is 350 miles away. From what is posted here it sounds like I need to drop off the bike for a long time, hitchhike home then return a week later and then they probably didn't fix it. I love the bike, really comfortable, handles well, great looking bike..... but I am ready to get rid of it but cannot sell it in good consensus with this stupid internment issue. Ready to go back to old bikes I can understand. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

First thing is a diagnosis, there's free software out there that will read stored error codes and narrow down the problem a lot. You need to buy a simple dongle to plug into a laptop to read them but it's pretty simple and there are tutorials and videos that are easy to use that show you how to do it. I guess it depends on your wrenching skills and level of comfort in using laptops to hook something up to the Canbus port behind the battery, otherwise it sounds like a trip to a dealer

If you want to stay analog somewhat just contact dealer & make an appointment for it to get checked out while you are there( they can do this if they know what they're doing) Most likely the demand sensor as above threads.

First thing is a diagnosis, there's free software out there that will read stored error codes and narrow down the problem a lot. You need to buy a simple dongle to plug into a laptop to read them but it's pretty simple and there are tutorials and videos that are easy to use that show you how to do it. I guess it depends on your wrenching skills and level of comfort in using laptops to hook something up to the Canbus port behind the battery, otherwise it sounds like a trip to a dealer
Paul thank you for the reply. I am a poor wrecher and even worse at computer but I will give it a try. Do you know where I get the software?

Paul thank you for the reply. I am a poor wrecher and even worse at computer but I will give it a try. Do you know where I get the software?

Todd just mentioned it in the link above. I only suggested it as you are so far from a dealer and even then, only as a tool to read error codes (and perhaps clear them). I know some have tried to play around with and install their own maps using it but the end result is usually broken so steer clear of that kind of thing.

Bill,
I was in the same boat a while ago. My bike went to urgent service mode in the middle of a trip. Even worse there were no dealers in the vicinity. I ended up towing my bike home (300 miles). At the time, I also considered selling my bike to get one more dependable with service readily available. Fortunately, Todd's shop is right down the street. My problem ended up being caused by overfilling the oil as posted elsewhere on this forum. Since then, Todd has upgraded the fueling system, exhaust, airbox, and brakes. I couldn't be happier with the bike's performance and reliability. It's a tough decision to move on, but after adding up all the pros and cons, I decided to stay with my bike. Good luck!
Dave

Thanks Dave, I really do like my bike so this malfunction is upsetting. To add another strange twist I had to ride a couple of hundred miles the other day. Was dreading it because of the warning lights and failures...Thought I was going to break down for good. A couple of failures in the first 20 miles..Stopped and had a stern but civilized discussion with the ELDO.... and just as a lark I switched the power mode to "Pioggia". I had never changed it before from "turismo". Bike worked perfectly for the rest of the day and each day since????? No more warnings or any problem at all. What possible sense does that make?

You might want to consider finding a reputable shop (like Todd's) to check out your bike. It's worth the time and money to have a diagnostic run on the bike to pinpoint the cause of the error. This issue can happen unexpectedly and you definitely don't want to get stranded in the middle of nowhere or in the fast lane on the freeway when the bike decides to go in limp mode.

Back