• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Givi Go Adventure Style and Alloy....Finally

Bluntly

Tuned and Synch'ed
Givi have finally gone into the Adv class of panniers, my local dealer let me have these preview pics of the new alloy panniers( I'm told they are, despite these looking like they are plastic at the back) they're launching this year (very soon)...and I like them! :D

Picture%20087.jpg

Picture%20077.jpg

Picture%20089.jpg

Despite hating panniers :whistle: , I'm going to need some for a trip this summer :D , and as I've never had any issues with Givi products in 35 years of biking...I think I'll be getting a set of these. :)

PS: They're 40/45 Litre size.

I re-read your post and note the dealer only showed you pictures- you won't know the answer to my question yet.

Bob Bernstein said:
I re-read your post and note the dealer only showed you pictures- you won't know the answer to my question yet.
Well I've been told that they fit the current rack, the dealers so sure he's pre-ordering the monokey rack for me, not sure if that helps or not :?:

Great. That's the best part about Givi-all the things are pretty much interchangable.

bobw said:
:woohoo: Those look great! Any idea on $.

No but Givi stuff is always competitively priced, a comparable set of H&B will cost me about €700 so I'm expecting change from that...i don't want to even think about the $ price as it's always so much cheaper, even for stuff made in €-Land. :evil:

I had Givi's on my Caponord with a Givi rack to mount them to.

I was not impressed with the strenght of the mounting hardware. I laid the bike down very softly on a trail and let the weight of the bike sit on the saddle bag and the mounting rack / hardware bent under the weight of the bike.

That has never happened to me with any HB Product.

Also, there are a ton of possible leak points with that Givi set up, I don't see many river / stream crossings in the future with those bags. Stelvio is an Adventure bike correct?

I've had about the opposite luck with the Givi bags on my California and now the EV. They've have taken a couple of good hammerings and the brackets never budged. I replaced just the covers for a reasonable price to correct the cosmetics.

I agree on the complexity. It looks like a committee designed them to make everyone happy. Too many points to leak and wear.

Brian UK said:
Absolutely nothing listed on any Givi websites as far as I can find. Looked at Givi USA, and Givi UK.
There won't be for a while, these are unofficial pics, taken at a dealer meeting. ;)

kwn306 said:
Also, there are a ton of possible leak points with that Givi set up, I don't see many river / stream crossings in the future with those bags...

Neither do I, hopefully :|

kwn306 said:
Stelvio is an Adventure bike correct?

I believe "Adventure" is the descriptive term for touring bikes with little bodywork, higher than road bike ground clearance, a screen and some off road capability, the offroad capability does depend on the size of bike, the riders capabilities and, of course, the riders wishes...The small tank on the Stelvio may just edge it out of the touring bike category but it does seem to have the other points covered. :roll:
I don't believe it means every bike in the genre needs to be ready for the Dakar or the Manseriche Gap.:ugeek:

And your point was? :?

Adventure can also refer to the state of mind one requires to take such a bike on a touring trip! :mrgreen:

Of course it's also always an adventure to take my Norge out (without any negative hind-thoughts, and trying not to think of tyre punctures etc), so the tag is just a marketing move... and one I'm still waiting to see appear on the first maxi-scooter!

Back