• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Givi or CalSci?

Ray R

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Has anyone had the opportunity to try both and offer a comparison or recommendation?

Any other windscreens worth considering?

Todd is supposed to doing a comparison write-up... How's that coming along, Todd?

I have driven behind both, the Cali Scifi is bigger and has a lot more portection. I ended up with the Cali Scifi because I ride all year round and in 20 deg weather I need alll the help I can get to keep the wind off of me. If you reside in a milder climate the GIVI will serve you well.

RJVB wrote:
Todd is supposed to doing a comparison write-up... How's that coming along, Todd?
Didn't get a hold of a Givi yet, and this wold be on a Norge, not Stelvio.

kwn306 wrote:
I have driven behind both, the Cali Scifi is bigger and has a lot more portection. I ended up with the Cali Scifi because I ride all year round and in 20 deg weather I need alll the help I can get to keep the wind off of me. If you reside in a milder climate the GIVI will serve you well.

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. The CalSci has been ordered!

I haven't got the bike yet!

A kind gentleman from Kansas has a slightly used (750mi) 2009 model he decided to sell. My wife and I are flying there this weekend to pick it up and ride it back home to Oregon. We'll be taking our time....no days over 375 miles. I had the windscreen and some other farkles sent to his house to install before we get there (Givi top case mount, a couple of Roto-Pax 1gal tanks, Alaska Leather seat covers). He's having the first service done as I type. Is there anything I may have missed? We're really looking forward to this adventure!

Some might disagree with me but most everyone on this forum has gotten terrible mileage out of the rear tire.

I run 45 psi, Guzzi recommends 36 psi, that is not enough psi IMHO for 2 up. I got 5600 miles before I picked up a nail and at that point I plugged the thing to get it home and replaced it with a Metezler Z6.

Also, crank the rear supension up all the way or you will be dragging hard parts all the way back home.

Other than that ride it like you stole it :laugh:

I have good news and bad news.

The bad news: The owner in Kansas called me and let me know he accidentally tipped the bike over. Unfortunately, even though it was a soft fall, it broke the windscreen and bent the windscreen frame. I decided, even though he was very willing to pay for the repairs and lower the price a bit, to not buy his bike.

The good news: The seller is really a great person. He was obviously very honest and upfront about the whole issue. He felt terrible, as my wife and I had already made trip plans and reserved all the airfare and accomodations needed for the trip (non-refundable to save a buck). So we're still flying out and instead renting a car and driving back home instead of riding. We're planning to have dinner with the gentleman, and pick up the parts (extra fuel tanks, Alaska Leather Seat covers, Givi racks, etc) that I had ordered and shipped to his house. And we still get an adventure out of the deal, although driving will be a bit more boring than riding. But at the end of each day, my old tired arse will likely appreciate it. And in the mean time, I bought a new black Stelvio from my local dealer here in Portland! They had one in stock and they were ready to sell it for a price I was willing to pay. I'll pick it up when I get back from our adventure.

Back