Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Glad to be back

Discussion in '24-7 Lounge' started by Corn Oil Kid, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Corn Oil Kid

Corn Oil Kid Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I forgot my user/password for a while and couldn't get in over here, but with just a tiny bit of needling around I found it, thanks to the way this site works.

I'm going to be checking into GuzzTech more often. For as much as I like WG, the heavy handed moderation has really begun to turn me off. It used to be great fun for many years, but lately I have been shot down a lot. Perhaps it is manifestation of its size, at least that is the impression Luap and crew have given. I'm not bailing on WG, but I hope to hang here too, and hopefully find more good folks to jaw with.

2. Corn Oil Kid

50 some views and know one as a thing to add?

3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Well, welcome back. I try to keep this Forum as neutral/factual as possible, and while we don't have high traffic volume (though we aren't light at 30k visits month), I think we benefit from it with low signal-to-noise ratio and pertinent global content.
    I just wish I could get folks to do a simple copy paste of Tech info here, instead of linking away from these pages. Traffic here is important, hence links away are bad (I will be deleting all url links away, leaving the data - I really prefer copy/paste of info here... and adding pics onto my server are best for the future as photo hosting services tend to go dead in short order).

Hope to see you posting more often again, and best to you in the New Year.

4. Chuck in Indiana

Chuck in Indiana Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hey Chad!! You suck!!
    :D :D
    That should get it moving along..

5. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti

You original post was a statement not a question, what sort or response would you like?
    Ciao

6. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

What should I say?
    How 'bout that weather?
    Ask or say something that leads somewhere.....

I like the straight forward technical aspect to this site.
    Too many other sites are more like gossip boards. People seem to feel that they have the right to say what they want on the internet with no regard to facts and what is right.
    As far as copying and pasting from other sites.....well, there are reasons not to do that as well.

7. Corn Oil Kid

That's great that you like the straight technical aspects of this site, I find that helpful as well.

But this is the 24-7 Lounge for Christ sakes! Its entire purpose is to give us a place to talk about whatever we want to.

I certainly wouldn't want to see this turn into something so screwed up as Illuminati, but I hope it allows more clearance than WG.

And as for you Chuck, you get more with honey than vinegar, you ol' bastard! :lol: ;) ;)