Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

GMG 2021 - Piaggio Group Redevelopment of the Moto Guzzi Museum

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GTM®, Nov 2, 2020.

1. basaltine

basaltine Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I was unaware of the celebration. Thank you for the information. I will try to put a trip together that will include the Moto Guzzi affair!

GTM® and David Bracey like this.
  2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Scott, I revisited your comments and post. When you visited, did you make it to the back assembly line area where the track is? I ask because the grounds leave a handful of room for expansion and renovation of old and former building areas. The pic below shows all of the property with the old test track at top of frame, and the wind tunnel bottom just right of center. Clearly it couldn’t be a massive renovation, but keeping the production there in tribute is warming in the way only Italians seem to manage. The whole town is amazing and with da Vinci history there, incredible and daunting. I can’t wait to talk to Greg and see what’s done in September 2021!

17669C68-3170-4213-B170-3F90A59FF5A1.jpeg

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  3. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Yes Todd. We did go just about everywhere including driving and walking the entire neighborhood surrounding the factory. We also went up the backside of the mountain behind the factory, which is really terraced with streets and houses, where you could look down into the factory grounds.

I think the factory size is fine for Moto Guzzi’s worldwide output, only that they need to either invest in upgrading many of the buildings or do some major teardown and rebuilding.

GTM® likes this.