• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Going All In - Software + Hardware Upgrades

Pazzo Gatto

Just got it firing!
I have a 2013 Stelvio that I absolutely loved right off the showroom floor. Of course, it ran lean as all newer bikes are forced to do. I thought about leaving it stock and accepting the OEM tune and performance. But, the more I rode it the more I wondered what it would feel like and sound like if it were upgraded. After 3 weeks of ownership, I decided to take the plunge and ordered a K&N air filter, a GPR Tri-oval slip-on, opened up the airbox and ordered the full GT-RX package (ECU, PC-V and AT-300). Following Todd's installation instructions went smoothly with one exception. The yellow wiring under the RH side cover will not work for positapping the AT-300 for the 2013 model year. There is only one yellow wire connection visible and tapping into it will prevent the bike from starting. That yellow wire seems to have something to do with a starter interrupt feature associated with the factory-wired alarm system. I spent many hours tracking down why it wouldn't start before removing that connection and then having the bike start right up. Instead, I tapped into the orange wire going into the 9-pin connector to power the AT-300.

The sound with the open airbox and the GPR (minus the dB killer) is simply sweet. It is not harsh at idle, just a nice basso profundo. When you open the throttle, you are rewarded with a full stanza of Italian 90 degree V-twin melodia. Now, there is no surging or popping. The bike runs noticeably smoother and cooler. Mirrors vibrate much less than before. No more intrusive heat from the left side cylinder.

Now, how do I justify the cost of 1,655.00 in upgrades to my wife, the keeper of the purse strings and She Who Must Be Obeyed? That's more than 10% of the new bike! Well, I decided that this bike is a keeper. I usually keep a bike for 3-4 years, then get the itch for something different. The Stelvio is special. I amortized the cost of the upgrades over a 10-year period and found that it only costs me 45 cents a day!

Justifying the upgrades to SHMBO? Easy. 1. Think of the thousands saved yearly by not smoking or if that's not possible, 2. think of the thousands saved by buying the MG at 16000 all in over a 1200 Beemer. :D

Toadride, I've had to get a bit more creative over the years with the wicked witch of fiscal responsibility. I can buy a gun a year because I cut my own hair. Been doing that for over 20 years. Can't use the tobacco/alcohol vice though, since I've not acquired either habit. Whenever I work on our vehicles (oil changes, timing belt changes, tune-ups, etc.) I can put the savings into more/better tools. Same thing with woodworking and making fine furnature. I use those savings to build electric guitars. It boils down to a silly game between us. She lets me get whatever I want/afford, but she likes to see my creativity when it comes to justifying the expense.

Have the complete set up it on my 1200 Sport. Worth every penny.

After a few auto tune updates to the map it runs even better.

Back