• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GPS wiring

caswain

Tuned and Synch'ed
IMG 20171022 123345 IMG 20171022 123400 IMG 20171022 123556 Wiring of satnav the easy way for me
thread your satnav power cable under the tank (no need to take tank off just undo the two bolts under the seat to lift it an inch or so)
use a length of coathanger wire to guide it through, obtain a 6 x fuse block 12" of 1.5mm cable
and a piggy back fuse connector half a dozen spade connectors total about £15.00 ($12) of fleebay, wire the piggy back to fuse number 1 which is 15amp and only live on ignition

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-Way-Uni...680793?hash=item238e9f9e59:g:NkEAAOSwK89ZyM~j

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Add-A-Cir...927246&hash=item41a3561798:g:r2YAAOSwd4tT8HIu

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fully-Ins...hash=item2ef1dd0aea:m:mUSuQopUcxFd_fBue7LQeyg

I have a satnav, usb power point and a auxilary power for heated gloves, jacket ect cabled to mine and three blank spare points for future cabling if needed, there is no need for expensive fuse blocks that you see on the internet

Hope im not breaking rules with fleebay links

Hi caswain when you say "wire the piggy back to fuse number 1 which is 15amp and only live on ignition" do you mean fuse #1 on the bikes main fuse box. If so am I correct in saying that all the connections to the additional fuse block are switched only i.e. active with ignition on. Also I presume that the red, blue, and green ring terminals bolted to the plate above are the respective negative or ground connections. When I wired my additional driving lights, I bought the appropriate plug and used the heated seat plug for the switched feed.
I was looking to fit either the Denali fuse block or Rowe PDM60, CanBus compatible etc etc but not sure if necessary. I am quite a neanderthal when it comes to electrics so your fuse block appears to be an ideal solution for a lot less money, as the only non switched take off I would require is for my charger.

I wired my Garmin GPS into the TomTom plug just behind the plastic cover between the forks and the tank. No need to buy the BMW adapter plug, just use spade conectors and the positive and ground plug right in. I have all the rest of the cables tucked up under the cover below the seat if I ever need them later. This way it switches on and off with the ignition.

Last edited:
Hi Robert G
Thats correct fuse number 1 (closest to rear wheel) on the bike fuse block as it is away from the ECU and coil less damage if anything should happen
this way when you turn ignition off your satnav will automaticly turn off after 30 seconds or so also you wont drain battery leaving things on
below is the fuse list from the manual
correct again just anchor the negatives to the frame as in photo
if you have a trickle charger yes wire that directly to the battery live and earth
I have wired both my Guzzi's this way with no problems
the links to fleebay only serve as an idea to the items you require am not saying buy from them
actual part numbers is a difficult one as dealers have different codes so google piggy back fuse, 6 way fuse block and female spade terminals will get you what you need

1 - Low beam/high beam, passing, brake lights, daylight running lights, hazard button
illumination, horn fuse (15 A).
2 - Instrument panel power, antitheft power fuse (7.5 A).
3 - ECU positive live fuse (15 A).
4 - ECU permanent live fuse (7.5 A).
5 - Coils, injectors, fuel pump protection fuse (15 A)

Last edited:
Back