• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Grande route d'Italia

Ad B

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hi,

tomorrow we are going to start a 12 days holyday.
Moto Guzzi Club Netherlands has organized a ride for a group of 40 people.
They call it MGCN GR3 d ‘Italia (Moto Guzzi Club Netherlands Grande Route 3 d ‘Italia)
First we drive with 3 towards the south of Germany, in 2 days.
Saturday we'll meet the rest of the group in Ravensburg.
In 3 days we are going to drive to the middle of Italy, to Gubbio.
Again in little groups.
There we have a day to rest.
After that we drive in 2 days to Lecco, were we will be on Friday the 20th.
From there on it’s your own ride again.
I and a Guzzi friend will stay in Lecco for one day more.
We take one day rest and will visit Mandello off course...
From there on we take the ride home in 3 days, from Sunday till Tuesday.
It is going to be an at least 3500 km (2200 mls) ride mostly on local roads.
About 350 km (220 mls) will be a highway ride.

My G12 is nice and shiny, my things are packed.
I'm ready to go, as are my friends.
Can’t wait anymore… I want to leave...

Ad B

Very exciting! Safe travels, and we'll look forward to your words and pics from your adventure. Feel free to e-mail me pics to post direct for you if you can while on your trip if you can't.

Re: Grande route d'Italia (with pics)

Hi,

I’m home again.
We had a marvelous trip through Germany, Switzerland and Italy.
As I wrote before, we left with three to ride to the south of Germany.
First day we drove 225 km (140 mls) higway and about 275 km (170 mls) local roads.
We arrived in Swartzwald in the neighborhood of Baden-Baden, driving in good dry weather.
Second day we passed Swartzwald by local roads, several hours in quite heavy rain, all wet.
We came through the Donau valley, very nice area, nice twisty roads.
In Ravensburg we met the rest of the group, also wet.
The day after the ride was from Ravensburg (Germany), through Swiss, towards Lovere (Italy).

Friends driving along Albula passage

My G12 on top of the Albula Passage
The day started nice, but at the end again 3 hours very heavy rain. Again very wet.
But in the hotel it was nice and cosy, dry clothing and all was well.

Quiet Guzzi bikers
Not all came unhurt from this ride… 2 bikes went down with 3 Guzzista on it.
One broke his ribs at 8 (!!) places and his collarbone.
He had a lot of bad luck, it was in a hairpin. The other (with two) made a break error on a straight. They were injured at their arms and hands. For all 3 it was the end of their ride.
The days after we drove through Italy, the counties Umbrië, Tuscany and Marche.
The fine and sunny Italian weather finally had reached us.
We had a day rest in a picturesque place Gubbio.

friend makes picture in Gubbio
From there on we drove in 2 days again through Tuscany towards Lecco, at the Como lake.

Bikes in niceTuscan setting
Lecco is about 12 km (7.5 mls) from Mandello.
At that place the organized ride ended, the rest was again up to us.
With 8 we stayed longer at the hotel in Lecco, the Guzzi factory was open in the weekend!
As it was the weekend before.
We visited the factory, the factory shop and museum. One word again… WOW!!

Me and my G12 in front of the Holy gate
We also had a very tasty lunch in the factory restaurant!

Lunch at Guzzis place
Me, eating in the Moto Guzzi Factory!!!
More… It is possible that I sat on the chair of the mechanic who made MY G12…
The lunch tasted even much better with these thoughts…
Sorry, again I’m getting a bit weak… I think I have a few Italian emotions…
Outside we could hear some Guzzi race bikes, along with the awesome V8.
With 4 we drove the same local roads ride home like we did in 2011, again in 3 days.
Four very, very different bike… a ’55 Airone, a ‘69 Falcone, a ‘69 V7 special and my G12…
The singles drove apart from us, the V2’s. In the evening we were together again.

The two single cilinders
After 3800 km (2375 mls) I was home again.
400 km (250 mls) from those 3800 km (2375 mls) were highway km/mls, the rest twisty and curved local roads. Good roads and very narrow or bumpy old roads. We had it all.
This ride was again something that will stay in my memory for the rest of my being here.
Awesome. Nothing less, could be even more…

Back