• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Greets from London .

saltracer

Just got it firing!
Had a festering Le Mans 2 in a barn for a few years… many other projects and time finally allows me the long awaited
Chance to work on this much admired bike from my youth.
SO where’s the favourite place to get PARTS , looking at gaskets initially, popping the sump and heads to see what I got

In your section of the world...

Guzzibits in Huddersfield, England. Stein-Dinse in Schwülper, Germany. Teo Lammers in Nijmegen, Holland.

Also, please look carefully in the STORE tab here for excellent quality specialty items and fueling solutions, etc. Todd (GTM) makes some fantastic stuff of which you can find information about all over the forums here.

Welcome!

Congrats and welcome. Guzzibits is going to be your go to I’d imagine (Scott beat me to it). Be sure to share your progress (pics) with us here.

Great amount of help and stirring up of enthusiasm, great site and thanks for the info.
I will be sure to document & share progress as it happens.
In front of the LM is a 1964 velocette venom, I have done most of the engine work, just the rolling chassis to sort.
And a long term Z1R turbo hot rod bike that I’m chipping away at,and seems to absorbing all of my trick road racing stuff.

Saltracer……Fowlers do exploded parts manual online with zoom in buttons for spec wearers.
Gutsibits do the alternative independent and second hand parts store
I have used both…no issues with either

Germany and Holland now charge import duties to ship to the UK…thanks to our Glorious Blond Leader
…..welcome back 1970s……if only the price of fuel was the same

regards

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Oh hell! I forgot about that damn referendum where the UK bailed on the EU.

Stupid stupid stupid. Now duties galore on everything.

Sorry I forgot about that! Thanks for reminding me.

Scott"…….if only we could forget…..diesel hit £1.80 per litre today….and there is 3.785 litres to your US gallon
That makes a US gallon 6.813 gbp or at todays exchange rate 8 dollars 25 cent.
Sorry if I seem a bit prefixed ….but I am sick of the lies..
Stuff it …..I’m going out tomorrow on the California 1400 for its brake recall
In the words of my old granny …if it walks like a duck and quacks…it’s probably a duck…and we are fooked.

Drive safe…use less fuel

regards
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Wow. The UK really screwed that one up if you ask me.

When I am in Italy, I never mind the price of fuel because I rarely drive any great distances. Milan to Mandello del Lario is about as far as I go, or over to the Amalfi coast.

It’s not the the USA where 500-800 mile trips or 75+ mile commutes are commonplace.

Thanks to you all, I,like the sounds of exploded diagrams , I got a rear wheel from a 04 Cali.
I’ve never laid tools on a guzzi bar a plug spanner, so I’m really looking forwards to seeing what I got.
I have a lot to do beforehand with major workshop building work and clearing many van loads of tut

Ok, wee update, looked at the Fowler’s page, very nice, the oldest bike they cater for is the LM3 , the exploded diagrams are lovely,but many of the parts shown are out of stock or no longer available.
The reboot site looks great and makes me want to ride there today.
My workshops are under upheaval as tons of truck parts and associated tut are claiming floor space.
An old dead holly tree has been lopped, and will form the centre post for a new covered area.
Using an old military truck bed as the floor, my idea is to move all my forging,anvils, furnace ,notches, flyoress , bar bender and bench knife outside, as soon as the space is freed inside, the venom will go back a complete roller, and there is the space for the lemon

Last edited:
You English!

You just amaze me sometimes and make me laugh and smile. Especially this one…

“My workshops are “under up heavily” too as tons of truck parts and associated tut are claiming floor space.”

My workshop is now recently up under heavily with motorcycle parts which after weeks and weeks of nothing, all decided to show up at the same time this week. It’s a “tut” extravaganza all over the place.

I just wish my customers could realize that I am just one, old, tired motorcycle mechanic, and I cannot fly around the room like greased lightning anymore no matter how fast I used to be! 😆😆😆

I need a vacation! Next weekend thank god…

Good luck and Godspeed!

Last edited:
You English!

You just amaze me sometimes and make me laugh and smile. Especially this one…

“My workshops are “under up heavily” too as tons of truck parts and associated tut are claiming floor space.”

My workshop is now recently up under heavily with motorcycle parts which after weeks and weeks of nothing, all decided to show up at the same time this week. It’s a “tut” extravaganza all over the place.

I just wish my customers could realize that I am just one, old, tired motorcycle mechanic, and I cannot fly around the room like greased lightning anymore no matter how fast I used to be! 😆😆😆

I need a vacation! Next weekend thank god…

Good luck and Godspeed!
Heartened to see this, despite over 40+ years of “fettling” motorcycles, it still seems like best idea,ever.
How I can still become over enthused at the sight of heap of iron oxide,is still a mystery, bordering on a disorder.long may it continue.I look forwards to getting the guzzi on a ramp.

F17A2FF4 D6A0 4028 8A1A C5806CEE0DDC

Off topic but I just want to say that I have been watching a series on English villages hosted by Penelope Keith and it is divine!

When I retire in Italy in a few years, one of my big bucket list items, is to take my Ural sidecar rig to the UK, and explore some of these off the beaten path villages. Not the touristy trap ones, but the little out of the way ones.

It never ceases to amaze me how Great Britain has so much open space all over the damn island. England, Scotland, Wales, it’s truly amazing how the natural landscapes and open areas have endured so well.

Love the sign by the way!

Cheers!

Hey Scott, that sounds like a superb well considered plan, in Ireland ( my ancestral home ) and also in rural England, we tend to navigate by pubs.once there were many, I mean thousands, even some small villages would have several .
I commend the use of a URAL outfit, I had one early in my life on wheels, an M66, I learnt every nut & bolt.
Used it to tow harleys and big jap 4,s out of the mud at rally’s.we got 16 people on it one time,and a barrel o beer.great old yokes.
Extensive research over the last40 + years has led me to know a few good beer holes scattered across the isles & beyond.
Happy to share nearer the time.

Back