Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Griso Fender Eliminators w/LED tag lights & T/S

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Sep 6, 2013.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Our GRiSO Fender Eliminator Kit - purchase info on the Store tab above under Other bits or direct >HERE<. I am now also stocking the LED CNC plate surrounds as shown >HERE<.
    [​IMG]

2. abhishekit

abhishekit Just got it firing!

looks great!

3. Grisoman

Grisoman Just got it firing!

Just installed it...awesome!

4. abhishekit

abhishekit Just got it firing!

Grisoman - What type of windshield are you using?

5. Grisoman

Grisoman Just got it firing!

The shield came with the bike...it's a Givi, not sure what model, but I did read somewhere that it's been discontinued

6. TalkingGriso

TalkingGriso Tuned and Synch'ed

The shield is a Givi model A770. Yes, they are discontinued. I bought mine used from another member of this board.

7. Guzzi Two Shoes

Guzzi Two Shoes Just got it firing!

I've had my 2006 Griso since March this year. Have managed to avoid buying any bling for it, but I've just ordered Todd's tail tidy. Can't wait for it to arrive!
    Todd, how much does the full PCV, reflash, filter & ring set up cost inc. shipping to the UK and what sort of gains would I expect on my bike?
    Cheers,
    Simon.

8. GTM®

Thanks for the order Simon. I sent you an email with a question for you on the Fender Kit.
    PC-V/AT/ECU details/pricing here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/produc ... pathway-15 -- add $500 if you want a core for exchange - I have one in stock at the moment.
    There's significant gains at full throttle, see; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/topic? ... 830#p43845 -- but the real gains are at lower RPMs where you ride the most.

9. Guzzi Two Shoes

Guzzi Two Shoes Just got it firing!

Cheers Todd,
    I can't believe the 1200 only makes 70bhp.
    My '96 1100 Sport made about 77bhp last time it was on a dyno,
    I'm not surprised my Griso feels slow in comparison. I'll certainly be looking to unleash a bit more grunt soon.
    Dear Father Christmas, I've been a good boy this year.............!!

10. wardest

wardest Just got it firing!

I like the look of the tail tidy and have ordered 1 with the lighted plate surround.
    My question is where do you get that neat looking rear wheel fender that mounts tight to the tyre?

11. GTM®

Thanks for the order... I believe the one shown above is by Skidmarx UK, but Stucchi and others offer different versions.

12. 8VSE O-Ren Ishii

8VSE O-Ren Ishii Tuned and Synch'ed

Hey Todd,

Just ordered one of your fender eliminators w/top LED strip light. Looking forward to getting it on the bike and taking a look at her. They seem to clean up the back end nicely. Will post a pic. when I can. Thanks for the service!

Cheers,

Ed

13. GTM®

Thanks Ed, leaving today. Thanks for the order, and look forward to pics of your install.

14. 8VSE O-Ren Ishii

8VSE O-Ren Ishii Tuned and Synch'ed

Hey Todd,

Thanks much for the swift service. I got the shipping info. this morning as you mentioned I would. Look forward to slapping it on the bike and getting the pics up.

All the best,

Ed

15. GTM®

OK, back in stock, but grab one while they last. Now in brushed stainless as shown below, or coated options again. Click on pic below for details or >HERE<.
    [​IMG]

16. Dave2012GrisoSE

Dave2012GrisoSE Just got it firing!

Hey Todd , and other assorted Griso riders.
    I picked up the fender kit and the illuminated licence plate frame. Now I'm just waiting for a rainy day to
    put it on, the riding has just been too good this summer in Vancouver! Does any one have any pointers
    on the installation, and could give me an ETA on time needed to install? I am of average technical ability... at least I think so! Also, I've been looking for lower profile turn signals, but the Griso L-shaped mount has made it difficult to find any. If anybody can recommend some it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

17. kmac33

kmac33 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Dave,
    Fender kit install is very straight forward and with average technical ability should take no more than an hour or so.
    As for turn signals, a number of us have mounted LED turn signals (like Rizoma's)without issue. Almost all after market turn signals will mount up no problem. Just remember that LED's require a resistor to get the correct flash rate.

Rocket Surgeon likes this.
  18. Dave2012GrisoSE

BTW, thanks for that information, kmac. I am waiting for some other parts to arrive before I put it on,
    but Ill let you know how it went!

19. atwelljk2

atwelljk2 Just got it firing!

"Dave2012"

"Does any one have any pointers on the installation, and could give me an ETA on time needed to install?

guzzista.wikifoundry.com/page/Steelehorse+Classics+Griso+Fender+Eliminator
    The above are the basic steps: plus you'll need to reterminate your tail light so you'll need some electrical connectors for that.
    Additionally, make sure you get your turn signal light brackets pointed in the right direction with the hole for the wiring facing in the right direction. This will also leave you with a hole where all the wires run back under the seat. I put some wire protection on the wires and then made a small plate out of flat plastic and covered up the hole by drilling two holes in the plate to line up with the two holes already next to the opening from the previous OEM cover. Then I put a little silicone around the edges. The tail light has a blue and yellow wire. The blue is the ground. Best of luck. I got mine from Todd too and it looks so much better.

Rocket Surgeon likes this.
  20. Dave2012GrisoSE

Thanks, atweljk2.
    Still on a holding pattern until my Turn signals arrive. I'll try to post a pic of the

finished (fingers crossed!) product later this month. Got a few things I'm going to install

on the bike ( bar risers, new mirrors , CARC protector, air box aluminum frame from Todd) so

I'm waiting patiently for the mail man to arrive. It'll be like Christmas in August!