• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Fuel Pump/Hose Info

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
OEM update/info of the fuel line issue PDF attached.

Photos, original pump;

Grisofuelpump1

NEW WARRANTY/RECALL REPLACEMENT;

Grisofuelpump2

Attachments

• InFuelTankHose-002-2007.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 953
My pals '06 G11 failed out on the M25 last Friday night. There were a bunch of us heading out separately to meet up out back of Le Touquet. Diagnosis out on the road suggested fuel pump failure. He eventually made it home on a trailer and then headed up to mine and blagged the keys to my '89 Sportster I've been working on all last year. Made it down there by 04:00 Saturday morning.

Thank the good Lord for trusty American iron eh?

More news when we've pulled this down - surely it can't have gone this long without the recall work having been done on the hose? Mine failed the day after it left the showroom.

The service note 002-2007 regarding this fuel pipe problem is noted under a Recall Campaign.
All Moto Guzzi dealers, including UK ones, were able to access this information though maybe not all did the work.
Model affected From VIN no. To VIN no.
Griso 850 ZGULSB00#6M111133 ZGULSB00#6M111527
Griso 1100 ZGULS000#5M111121 ZGULS000#7M113320
Griso 1100 ZGULSC00#6M112708 ZGULSC00#7M113771
Now whether these were done by a dealer, or were tracked by Piaggio as having been done or are still outstanding is unclear.
We still see these failures periodically.
It isn't really a roadside repair .. except in a real emergency.
Gordon

Odd that the official recall PDF shows a different repair to the pictures above. Maybe that's why I have heard of failures after warranty work has been done.
There have also been numerous cases of this hose blowing off on other models, including the later Cali models. According to Guzzi UK this problem did not exist. :?
No it's not an easy roadside repair as sod's law will state that it only ever happens just after you have filled the tank. :D

Not so much Sod's Law as thermodynamics I think Brian. Fact is that the fuel from an underground tank is likely to be considerbly cooler than the fuel pump, especially in warm weather. My guess is that after a series of heating and cooling 'events' the hose will loosen and move on the spigot of the filter and eventually one too many heat cycles will be the 'Straw that breaks the camel's back' and as soon, or soon after the bike is re-started the hose will cry 'Uncle' and blow off.

I don't know for sure if this is the case but as you say most failures occur after just filling up so it makes sense to me.

YOMV....

Pete

Oh, I can see that also you met closely the fuel pump... :evil:
Here you can see a tutorial that I made this summer :)

[youtube]QFl4ZNUivpg[/youtube]

When I came to fix this after it happened to me, my dealer being totally unwilling to get me a recall replacement, I noticed that the tube from the pump has no flare on the end to stop the tube blowing off. This, added to the 'mickey mouse' hose clip used by the factory is almost a guarantee that the hose will detach at some point. Right in the middle of a roundabout in my case. I have replaced the clip(s) with the very small stainless jubilee type sold for the rocker breathers on the old round barrel Guzzis. I hope this will fix it but whether permanently I'm not so sure.
Ian Clifford
London

I was out for a lovely ride on my new-to-me Griso yesterday when it died on me in the middle of a back road. After some roadside DX work we determined my fuel line was likely messed up, despite the recall work previously having been done. After the bike got to the shop, I was updated that the line hadn't popped off but had, in fact, split open. :eek:
The awesome guys as AF1 Racing in Austin kindly fixed us up at no charge.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Dunno what the situation was in the USA but over here the recall just involved replacement of the troublesome hose. I was under the impression that for the USA the whole pump assembly was replaced?

Anyway the important thing is that the hose HAS to be of a fully submersible type. Gates make one, (It is actually manufactured in Turkey of all places!), but ordinary EFI hose is not good enough for this application. The fully submersible hose is very spendy, over here a six inch length is about thirty bucks, but it's cheap insurance against grinding to a halt.

Pete

Today while riding some great but windy bumpy hill top roads, my Griso died... with not to many ideas as to what the drama was, 1st thinking electrics as had issues once before. But the engine would spin, just no fire.... rang for a trailer from 100km away. found a spot roadside, and thought may as well pull things apart and see if can find fault, disconnected the fuel line and fuel drained out... mmm that never happened before.

So got the fuel tank upside down with gas in it, the pump etc out, and the hose that connected the filter to the pump had come off.... doh!!! So pushed back on/firm fit, but after 81,000km I guess the law of averages meant it was going to happen sooner of later.

Will do just as the filter and orientation of things in this thread.

Cheers for the info. Never thought I would need it. :)

Back