• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Handlebar Risers again...

Chris01

Just got it firing!
Hello,

I am wondering what the bolt spacing is on the handlebar caps on a 2012 Griso? I am interested in installing the Rox Pro Offset 1 1/4" Risers 1 1/8" tapered - on my Griso (stock handlebars).

ebay.ca/itm/PRO-OFFSET-BLOCK-HANDLEBAR-RISER-BMW-KTM-1-1-4-RISE-INCH-1-1-8-FAT-BAR-TAPERED-/230830876093#shId

Does anyone have these on their Griso? Will these risers install without modifying the cables?

Thanks

Hi -- I bought those exact same ROX risers, but the Griso bolt spacing is too wide for them. To get more height and pull back (sweep), I looked at the various threads here about different bars, and I went with the ProTaper Contour Raptor bar. With the stock bars, by elbows were locked straight and I had no leverage, and stretching across that long tank, my head was angled back and really craned my neck. Now it's an all-day rider.

protaper.com/products/handlebars/contour

(The Pastrana FMX was also recommended, and would probably work well, too.)

I used all the original wires and lines and cables. The left switch wires are now routed behind the left fork leg, and check the third pic below, you can see where I ran the clutch line.

7401412952_5770e4edb0_b.jpg

7401404958_ffd4633114_b.jpg

7401409820_8498560931_b.jpg

PS -- you get an added benefit using the aluminum tapered bars -- they transmit a *lot less* vibration than the steel bars do, IME. Then I filled the bars with lead shot, and fitted the ProGrip gel grips from mgcycle.

HTH

whynot said:
PS -- you get an added benefit using the aluminum tapered bars -- they transmit a *lot less* vibration than the steel bars do, IME. Then I filled the bars with lead shot, and fitted the ProGrip gel grips from mgcycle.

HTH

I like the ProTaper product, and put a set of ATV Hi bars on my Kawasaki Versys. I really liked the sweep and height, and according to their site, seems like it is similar to the Raptor Contour and the Pastrana FMX Contour in those dimensions. That may be the bar for my Griso.

But the ATV ProTapers did not have any internal accommodation for barend weights, and I see you're not running any. Do you miss them? Any adverse effects for not having them?

this is the wrong direction.
Griso bars should be lowered and narrowed.
I'm hunting around for clip-ons to mount above the triple clamp.
Yes, I did lower my front end one notch down the forks which helped the steering a LOT. :)

DM

this is the wrong direction.
Griso bars should be lowered and narrowed.
I'm hunting around for clip-ons to mount above the triple clamp.
Yes, I did lower my front end one notch down the forks which helped the steering a LOT. :)

DM
Hi DungeonMaster, did you have luck finding the clip-ons you mentioned?
I'm also looking for the equivalent of rear sets but have not been able to find any source at a all.

Any comment or news appreciated.

Ross

Any set of clip-ons with the correct clamp circumference for the fork tube will work. I was going to go this route with mine (had planned on getting a set of WoodCraft clip-ons), but after doing a bit of mock up work, decided the ergonomics were a bit extreme. I ended up going with Rizoma conical bars that are about 2 inches narrower and an inch and a half less back sweep than the stock bars. Provides a more aggressive riding position, without being too extreme.
No one make rear sets for the Griso. The closest I could find were "360 degree" universal adjustable foot pegs. I was able to set them back about an inch and a half and up about an inch. Brake lever and shift lever had enough adjustment to still work okay ergonomically. I ended up going back to the stock pegs after a few months though.

Because I have "short arms" I'm going old school cafe. I'll move the controls inboard, maybe rotate the bars a little, drill the bars for the throttle and add bar end mirror.
Bringing my hands in will allow me to bend at the elbows down more like riding an x-country racing mountain bike and less like the spread pushup & elbows out of a full downhill mountain bike.
It's been to many decades since I rode my old cafe bike with clip-ons below the top triple clamp and rearsets to lay on the tank.

Just discovered that HT Moto, in Germany, produces rear sets that work for the Griso. They are not cheap (390 Euros) and from the correspondence I've had with them so far via email, not completely "plug and play". In their words "you have to do the adaption yourself" to install and make work.

Hi Kmac33,

the rhizome conical bars sound the works. I can't find which ones. Do you perhaps have a reference number?

It seems HT Moto have moved on,so rear sets might be a further search. You wouldn't want to sell the old ones you had?

Cheers

Ross

Anyone bought and tried these yet? They seem to be selling well and I want some feedback from someone who's bought them before buying them.

ebay.com/itm/331839899232?var=&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

for "Why Not":
I'm just double checking, old guy needs some bars- from your post on Griso / Protaper/Contour Raptor Bars,
there was "no" lengthening needed for cables or wires when adding the Protaper/ Contour/Raptor bars?

I looked up the Contour RAPTOR - they measure higher and more sweep back than all the other models of Contour,
which sounds very helpful!

ALSO in your photos, not sure, but it appears there may also be a 1-inch bar riser on the red Griso (3 photos).
I think I see an extra "line" - top of your triple-clamp / under stock bar holders?
If so - one inch riser AND Raptor/Contour bars - and still the stock Griso cables /wires?
This would be very welcome!

Are you still missing your Griso?!?

moose - 2007 Black Griso 13K miles

Try barback risers. SW-motech from Germany. Raises the bars and brings them back to you!
I bought some but because I use a flat handle bar on full lock I was getting an issue with switchs just touching the tank.
So I just used the top clamps and the risers I had made.
The Rox risers just look butt ugly!
I have a set that I won't use if you're interested chris01.

Attachments

• IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2651.JPG
    IMG_2651.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 41
Try barback risers. SW-motech from Germany. Raises the bars and brings them back to you!
I bought some but because I use a flat handle bar on full lock I was getting an issue with switchs just touching the tank.
So I just used the top clamps and the risers I had made.
The Rox risers just look butt ugly!
I have a set that I won't use if you're interested chris01.

hey thanks!
Your photo of separate black part - that is the bottom of SW Motech? However you didnt use that part- only the top part of the Sw-Motech two piece clamp?

Do you have a model number for Rox Riser and price? I am interested, you know that this Rox will fit? Others have said their Rox did npot fit on Griso due to improper bolt spacing - I think...

Back