• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

griso info

Fran Kelleher

Just got it firing!
can somebody educate me on the cam issues of the earlier 8 cam engines & when this was sorted. Are the tappets lock nut & screw or shims. Mine is a 2016 model and I want to keep it right. Also where is the best place in the uk to get some parts & accessories. I am a mechanic and will be doing all the work myself

If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

The cam problem was sorted by 2016, so your safe. Think it was 2012 when they started correcting the issue.

The lifters have a DLC (diamond like coating) that fails from the cam constantly impacting the lifter face. Once it fails maintaining the clearances will be impossible.
The update replaces the cambox assembly, with new cam and roller lifters.

The valves are screw and locknut.

As I recall, they started using the roller lifters sometime back in 2012. So you should, as mentioned, be fine. But you can actually see when you remove the valve covers that there are roller lifters hidden in the heads.
The DLC coating was a feeble attempt to fix a design issue with the flat tappets, and it failed horribly. DLC coatings on tappets can be a good thing, for example with the Aprilia XV motor the switch to a DLC coating was a good thing. But a DLC coating isn't going to fix a problem caused by bad design. They got something wrong, personally I suspect it had to do with the valve spring rates being too high. They went from tappets that had a single valve spring pushing back on them to tappets that had two valve springs pushing back on them, so they had to adjust the spring rates used. The two smaller valves per side / tappet should have had two smaller springs to go with them. But it may be that Guzzi did not reduce the rate of the smaller springs enough to keep the tappets happy. Guzzi has made similar errors in the past.

Many thanks for this info. On another note, I am looking for a more upright riding position on my griso as it is killing my hips. What are the options for lower footpegs & higher bars or risers. While I am at it also a small fairing to break the wind. Does anyone have any of this gear for sale

Many thanks for this info. On another note, I am looking for a more upright riding position on my griso as it is killing my hips. What are the options for lower footpegs & higher bars or risers. While I am at it also a small fairing to break the wind. Does anyone have any of this gear for sale
Google Knight Designs for pegs. I used to sell them. 1” drop is max for the least complexity.

I sell bar risers and/or the Tour bars below - either fit with no cable/line issues.
https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-rx-cnc-bar-risers
https://gtmotocycles.com/products/lsl-handlebars-tourbars

Why not make the peg lowers yourself ? I did this 3 yrs ago for long distance riding and 1 inch drop made all the difference for comfort - no other changes were needed. IMG 1903 IMG 1904

Hi Hugh
Many thanks for reply, they look great. How did you make them? You must have access to a milling machine or some other machine shop equipment

No special equipment just good quality alluminium billet , hacksaw/file/drill and old hangers from an 1100 sporti.

Thank you guys for all the info, I have fitted handlebar risers, made similar lowered pegs & fitted a small Puig wind deflector which all made a big difference particularly on long journeys.

I have one more question.
I have just fitted a GT-Rx CNC Givi Tanklock Bag ring to my bike. My concern is that the filler cap sits a bit higher and requires a good pull down on the four allen bolts to hopefully seal it against the rubber seal compared to standard. I am worried that it is putting undue stress on the tank/mounting threads and also concerned that if it is not fully seated could allow water to get in to the tank particularly when washing the bike. Has anybody fitted one of these to a a 2016 Griso SE and had any issues

Any advise greatly appreciated
Fran Kelleher

Back