• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Key Programming

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Thanks to @not-fishing - info on key re-programming;

You'll have to enter the code three times to a single key memorized by the ECU. The other thing that was a shock was you need to have all the keys with you at the time because you have to insert each key when the ECU asks for them (in 20 seconds). I didn't have one old key and sure enough it wouldn't work until I redid the CPU with all three keys.

I just bought a (basically) brand new 2007 Griso with only 13 miles on it from an estate sale and only have one key. When I turn the key on, it tells me to insert my code. where do I find that code? How do I get around the procedure above if I only have one key? Do I need to buy two more? thanks in advance — I'm a bit lost here.

Last edited:
I just bought a (basically) brand new 2007 Griso with only 13 miles on it from an estate sale and only have one key. When I turn the key on, it tells me to insert my code. where do I find that code? How do I get around the procedure above if I only have one key? Do I need to buy two more? thanks in advance — I'm a bit lost here.

You are in luck. The user code is set by the owner. Most use the maintenance/service code. Once you have the user code, you should be able to program extra keys. You can find maintenance codes here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/service-codes.917/ If you don't use the service code, be sure to document that code for future reference or the next owner.

You are in luck. The user code is set by the owner. Most use the maintenance/service code. Once you have the user code, you should be able to program extra keys. You can find maintenance codes here https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/service-codes.917/ If you don't use the service code, be sure to document that code for future reference or the next owner.

John, I think he is saying that it is asking for the user code, not to enter a new user code which means the key is not origina. That part is unclear. Does the bike start if you don't put anything in?

Since it is a relatively new bike. hopefully it is for a new user code and you can put any number you want in as long as you remember it.

If it is asking for an existing code, anyone's guess what it is. Try 00000 which is the default code if no one has previously set it differently. Other than that it is a guessing game and you need two keys to reset it.

John, I think he is saying that it is asking for the user code, not to enter a new user code which means the key is not origina. That part is unclear. Does the bike start if you don't put anything in?

Since it is a relatively new bike. hopefully it is for a new user code and you can put any number you want in as long as you remember it.

If it is asking for an existing code, anyone's guess what it is. Try 00000 which is the default code if no one has previously set it differently. Other than that it is a guessing game and you need two keys to reset it.

With only 13 miles on the bike, let's hope one hasn't been entered yet. If not it is send the dash to Carmo with an extra key to have them reset the dash.

With only 13 miles on the bike, let's hope one hasn't been entered yet. If not it is send the dash to Carmo with an extra key to have them reset the dash.
It has old gas oil and rubber I’m shipping it off to ClevelandMoto to give it the once over before I even try to start it up.

I just bought an 09 Griso, and it came with only one key. The previous owner did not know the user code. The bike starts and runs normally and all functions are available to me. When I enter the service code, I can access all of the service functions. I purchased a second key from the dealer. Since I was not on the bike when I purchased the key, they told me to try the 00000 number for the user code. When that did not work, I tried the 12425 service code. That did not work either. I want a second key, but if I don't have the user code; It will not be useful. Is there any way to recover the user code from the system? I have tried the recover code prompt, but you have to have two working keys!

I just bought an 09 Griso, and it came with only one key. The previous owner did not know the user code. The bike starts and runs normally and all functions are available to me. When I enter the service code, I can access all of the service functions. I purchased a second key from the dealer. Since I was not on the bike when I purchased the key, they told me to try the 00000 number for the user code. When that did not work, I tried the 12425 service code. That did not work either. I want a second key, but if I don't have the user code; It will not be useful. Is there any way to recover the user code from the system? I have tried the recover code prompt, but you have to have two working keys!
Also try the last 5 of the VIN as a last ditch effort.
Otherwise, ring any upper end car shop and ask if they can mirror an existing key RFID programming, or AF1 does it as well, link >CLICK HERE<
This silly system of user codes will plague people in the future for sure.
USE THE SERVICE CODE FOLKS! No one is going to steal your Guzzi this way.

Or try 11111 as a final attempt. This was the user code I cracked after I purchased the Cali 1400 from you Todd. Always expect low numbers, it requires less effort to enter.

Also try the last 5 of the VIN as a last ditch effort.
Otherwise, ring any upper end car shop and ask if they can mirror an existing key RFID programming, or AF1 does it as well, link >CLICK HERE<
This silly system of user codes will plague people in the future for sure.
USE THE SERVICE CODE FOLKS! No one is going to steal your Guzzi this way.
Thanks for the quick reply - the original key will go to AF1 tomorrow - Fedex and insured for $600.
cheers,
g

Or try 11111 as a final attempt. This was the user code I cracked after I purchased the Cali 1400 from you Todd. Always expect low numbers, it requires less effort to enter.
Odd, I used the Service Code Dave. I certainly didn't program 11111 - Edit: Unless the dealer I bought it from did... It was a low mile demo. Hmmm.

Yes, it was probably the dealer as you didn't know the code. The problem was the dealer couldn't tell me the user code either. I found it by a pure fluke.

Back