• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso lower pegs 1"or 2"

Guzzi Cat

Just got it firing!
Hi All,

I have been viewing this forum from Ireland for a long time in envy! But now at last I am the happy owner of a 2011 Tenni Green Griso which I purchased in the UK three weeks ago.

I love the bike and really like the way it handles but at 5' 11" tall my legs are a little cramped and I was thinking of fitting a set of lowered pegs.

I am trying to decide between the 1" or 2" lower pegs and am looking for the advice of someone of a similar height who may have experience of after market pegs, and also if there is a specific make that works best.

Thanks in advance.
Guzzi Cat.

More important than height, is what is your inseam? That way riders with similar leg length can give you better insight.

John, thanks for the insight,

I should have included that I have a 32" inside leg seam so if anyone of a similar size has added lowered footpegs I would be glad of you'r experience as to the type of lowered pegs that you used and if it made a big difference comfort wise.

I have 1" drop foot pegs on my own 2011 Griso SE. I would have gotten the dropped pegs if they weren't already on the bike when I got it (previous owner added them). I've sat on another Griso with stock pegs and it felt too cramped for me. I have a 33" inseam. I'd probably like even more room, but my knees don't bother me when riding now. I'm not scraping the pegs on turns, so a 2" drop would probably be OK (for me) but I have no experience with them.

The trouble with lowering the pegs is that they will scape on moderate lean angle which is okay if you are ready for it and have not weighted the peg and have the front of your foot on the peg, otherwise you might be wondering why your leg is traveling in the opposite direction to the bike. I have an 09 1200 sport and a 32 inch inseam and scrape the stock pegs regularly when in Joe Bar mode, I would suggest that a modified raised seat or extra thick cushioning to lift your but higher rather than lower pegs .As the Griso was designed to be ridden hard on twisty roads this seems like a better option for you to take. :shock:

I have a 34" inseam and I have some 1" lowered foot pegs on my 2010 Griso. I've found that they give me plenty of legroom. I don't know how aggressively other riders lean into corners, but I haven't yet scraped my pegs or feet in routine corners.

One thing I found out, that might only apply to me: with the footpegs lowered, the shifter peg [to a certain extent] and the rear brake peg [very badly] also needed to be lowered. In my case, I had to lift my right toes at a 45* up and 45* tilt angle, just to get some of my foot to connect with the tip of the brake peg. Extended and lowered pegs fixed this, making shifting and rear braking much less difficult and much more accurate.

NBG

Thanks guys for the much appreciated input,

I take your point Piper75 and can definitely live with the stock pegs if required to revert back, I think I would like to give the 1" lowered ones a shot as 89MilleGT and North bayGriso both have a longer inseam than me and seem to find them an improvement on the stock.

Not that I have money to throw away but I plan on holding on to the Griso for a long time so I will take a gamble on trying a set of lower ones and stick them on ebay if not happy with them.

I had a look at the shifter and brake pegs and they can be rotated to lower or raise them, so they may work out, if not longer ones can be got.

I would hate to cover up the very nice Italian brown leather seat to gain some height.

I am 6ft 2, 32 inch leg. I put the MFW vario pegs on mine. 30mm drop. These can be rotated, so you can have higher, lower, back and forward.

I have mine set so they are a little back from straight down. I have never scrapped them. I guess I dont push that hard. The stock pegs have hero blobs, where the MFW pegs dont.

I also have the Knight peg extenders. I find my bike really quite comfortable. Seems set up well for me. My thoughts are also that I will keep this bike long term, so worth getting set up for me.

On lowered pegs, one thing folks tend to forget is you can raise the seat as well. I am running the 25mm lower varios set back as much as down but the thing that really opened the leg room up was the corbin seat that is 1" thicker than stock. You really cant tell the seat is higher visually (you know somethings different as my corbin has a silver stripe down the middle though)

Just thought I would mention the seat, I much prefer to raise seats, to keep the ground clearance. but I ride in twisty mtn rd central.

one other thing, more than an inch, and on the griso you have to start modding the foot control levers so they still work comfortably.

Just catching this thread. First off, congrats and welcome to the Famiglia G.C. - the Tenni G8V is a beauty.

You've gotten plenty of input so the only thing to add is that anything over a 1" drop on the peg, and you'll need a solution for the brake lever (as in lowered toe pegs), as there is really no solution beyond the stock tip, which doesn't buy you enough. The shift lever can be adjusted with the connecting linkage, beyond the shift tip cam.

You'll put the kickstand and leading edge of the bracket down hard before you get to the peg on the shifter side, so I'm not sure of how many are doing that on the left side outside of a lower speed G-out mid-corner. I ride pretty aggressively and quick as anyone here that has ridden with me might attest to, and I've been on the ground once because of that kickstand assembly, so beware.

I stock most all KD, LLC in the Store (tab linked) above, or I can get anything they offer. Appreciate the business.

Post often, and be sure to add your bike to the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/163/11533

Thanks Todd for the welcome to the Famiglia, I think the seed was sown when me and my wife visited the guzzi museum in Italy last year.

I will probably go with the set up that Kiwijohn and Uzidzit have on their bikes as I like the flexibility of the vario pegs to rotate as well as lower.

But as I bed in to ownership I'm sure I'll be able to put some buisness you'r way! Thanks for the heads up on the sidestand touching down also.

Cheers to everyone for the good advice, you cant beat experience.

Guzzi Cat,

Just a handy note on adjusting the side stand ground clearance. I ground away the stopper with an angle grinder so now the first thing to touch down is the peg to give advanced warning of the stand digging in , as I found that it was touching down so much that it would have worn away completely if left in the stock position. Any riders in close pursuit did not appreciate being showered in hot sparks, plus as Todd said it could unsettle tire grip if pushed on to hard resulting in the rubber side going up. Something to avoid . I can see lowering the pegs for touring would certainly aid in comfort ,as these bikes are such excellent long distance mile eaters as well. Is there any type of quick adjust peg available to set in either position?

I noticed my 1" drop is nice but it's really not a full 1". The angle is incorrect it's too much of an angle & not flat enough supporting the full 1 or 2" drop.

piper75 said:
Just a handy note on adjusting the side stand ground clearance. I ground away the stopper with an angle grinder so now the first thing to touch down is the peg to give advanced warning of the stand digging in , as I found that it was touching down so much that it would have worn away completely if left in the stock position. Any riders in close pursuit did not appreciate being showered in hot sparks, plus as Todd said it could unsettle tire grip if pushed on to hard resulting in the rubber side going up. Something to avoid . I can see lowering the pegs for touring would certainly aid in comfort ,as these bikes are such excellent long distance mile eaters as well. Is there any type of quick adjust peg available to set in either position?
Check out Twisted Throttle's MFW pegs. I run a set with 23mm 'extensions' on my 1200 Sport, and a set of 30mm on the Griso.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/catalogs ... ?p=1&q=MFW

Here's what I ordered for the Griso:
(1) MFW.051.55.03.00 MFW Vario Footpeg Mount, Rider (Moto Guzzi Griso 1200)
(1) MFW.051.00.00.50 MFW Vario Extension Arm, 50mm, pair
(1) MFW.051.00.00.30 MFW Vario Extension Arm, 30mm, pair
(1) MFW.050.00.03.00-1 MFW Master Grip pegs, pair, silver

Twisted Throttle advised that I'd probably find the 50mm extension arms too long, but I ordered them anyway. They proved too long for my purposes, so I've been riding with the 30mm arms instead.

You may also want to check Moto International for identical/similar footpegs.

I have also ordered the MFW Vario adjustable peg set up for the griso, I went with the 30mm option like ohiorider.

I like the option of being quickly able to lower or raise the peg by opening a bolt.

As I live in Europe I ordered directly from the MFW Vario website in Germany.

Hopefully I should have them in a week or so.

Guzzi Cat,

Guzzi Cat said:
I have also ordered the MFW Vario adjustable peg set up for the griso, I went with the 30mm option like ohiorider.

I like the option of being quickly able to lower or raise the peg by opening a bolt.

As I live in Europe I ordered directly from the MFW Vario website in Germany.

Hopefully I should have them in a week or so.

Guzzi Cat,
Good point. Those pegs are made in Europe. Order direct.

Bob

Just installed the German made foot peg lowering kit, 30mm, that I bought from Wildhair Accessories. Love the feel, love the extra room, but beware that these pegs also push the point at which you place your feet on, almost 3/4 of an inch outward. I had to twist the shifter and brake pegs to the lower setting to accomodate. All in all, very happy, even if they did cost almost $200 bucks.

Attachments

• IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
I have a 32" inseam but I have also raised the forks in the yokes by 4 'rings' so there are 5 showing (maybe an inch or inch and a half over stock?). I tend to ride with the centre of my foot on the peg and touch down my left foot fairly regularly when in the aforementioned 'Joe Bar' mode.

I'd love to have lowered pegs but I just know I will be grinding boot sole on every B road. I'm interested to see how you get on.

___
As to the side stand touching, I haven't had that problem, only my foot and occasionally peg touching down. Would raising the forks make that much difference?

Back