• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso Luggage

I do believe it will fit with the stock pipe - I've got it out in the garage and I can prolly hold it up next to the GR-Rx pipe and see.

cog2803 said:
I do believe it will fit with the stock pipe - I've got it out in the garage and I can prolly hold it up next to the GR-Rx pipe and see.
You would then be my hero, sir.

Continuing the thread...I have a Givi monokey 52l topcase that I'd like to use on a Griso if I buy one. I need the security of lockable storage so I can travel with my laptop or iPad or other devices ;)

I've never found a specific mount for a Griso. Any intel? Any ideas?

To clarify: I'd like to use an existing topcase instead of having to spend that extra money on an additional topcase.

Can anyone confirm or post a pic with a griso running the MG bags and a Termi pipe!!! I want to confirm that they fit.

Like this?

ls_nbsp_2006_19432571.jpg

A friend has those on his Griso and never complained about interference or melting.

I'm a little bit worried about my OEM bag, since it touches the top of the Termignoni muffler in one spot. It's really a raised seam that touches. After reading a horror story in Motorcycle Consumer News this month about a bag that melted and caught fire, I will probably add a heat-resistant pad right at that spot, just for peace of mind on long trips through hot weather. Check these photos:

Attachments

• IMG_1371.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 713
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    487.5 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    592.1 KB · Views: 707
Paddy Field said:
Like this?

ls_nbsp_2006_19432571.jpg

A friend has those on his Griso and never complained about interference or melting.

Have the same bike with the same panier, only I still have the stock pipe.

As for clearance issue with that Terminioni pipe, one could always drill holes about 1/2 lower in the back of the bags so the bracket would be offset enough to clear the pipe.
Easy mod.

Sure you can raise the bag or lower the Termignoni. You'll have to because once you put weight in the left bag the clearance issue will only get worse. The thing is, you shouldn't have to do anything. Termignoni should have changed the angle of the ipe to clear a factory saddlebag in the first place.

All the best,

Mark

moto said:
I'm a little bit worried about my OEM bag, since it touches the top of the Termignoni muffler in one spot. It's really a raised seam that touches. After reading a horror story in Motorcycle Consumer News this month about a bag that melted and caught fire, I will probably add a heat-resistant pad right at that spot, just for peace of mind on long trips through hot weather. Check these photos:
In my experience the Termi does not get that hot in that particular location, certainly not hot enough to melt anything (finger safe). I'd be more worried about abrasion wearing out the seam. But your idea of a pad would prevent that.

Goodvibes said:
moto said:
In my experience the Termi does not get that hot in that particular location, certainly not hot enough to melt anything (finger safe). I'd be more worried about abrasion wearing out the seam. But your idea of a pad would prevent that.

Thanks. That's helpful.

Chicago Mark said:
........... Termignoni should have changed the angle of the ipe to clear a factory saddlebag in the first place.

Mark

Without a doubt.
Sometimes, common sense is a hard concept to grasp...

I have been running my 1100 Griso with the MG luggage. My bike is fitted with the high rise carbon mistral (see my avatar), it's a snug fit behind the racks and the bags did touch the can but the carbon dosn't get that warm and I've not had any problems.

I wanted luggage that was a little more secure so purchased some second hand Givi cases and an old wing rack. Fitted them to the bike and they were fantastic, appart from my engineering skills left the fitting of the wing rack looking messy. My plan is to tidy the racks up.

I have a few pictures of the bike out and about with the luggage however they don't show much detail. I'll take some close ups later if anyone is interested.

AndysPictures007.jpg

With MG luggage

Devon001.jpg

With Givi luggage

Back