• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Griso - no longer sold in Aus?

guzzisti91

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hello all, i have recently been on Guzzi's Australian site after seeing no Griso at Motociclo, & guess what? I saw no Griso in the model line up there, either. Now the v7's & v9's are fine bikes, but the look, the fact that it's got none of those electrogizmos of the other big blocks, & i don't need to tell you about the sound those things make! The Griso seems like a true rider's bike.
If i end up staying in my native Australia, i would've been either trading in my Nevada for one or buying it outright & keeping the Nevada as a project.
The upcoming v85 was another consideration, but i read it was ride-by-wire, & that usually means throttle-by-wire. Seeing much of those systems fail on cars, the added weight, the hesitant response, the needless complexity with only marginal gains - i'll stick with cables, thank you very much.
Anyways, any word on what happened to the Griso? & any word on if it will return?

The Griso, Stelvio and Norge are no longer being made because they don't meet Euro emission specs. If you see a new one for sale anywhere it's NOS.

In the Guzzi World, this is two year old news. You can add the Stelvio the model list also. Technically 2017 was fhe last model year for the 1200-8V CARC Guzzi. The Cal 1400 motor has one more Euro emission life cycle as well. It will be a sad day when the big block is no longer produced, but it sounded like the end is near.

Plan is for Guzzi to use the new small block V85TT motor for a new model line.

In the Guzzi World, this is two year old news. You can add the Stelvio the model list also. Technically 2017 was fhe last model year for the 1200-8V CARC Guzzi. The Cal 1400 motor has one more Euro emission life cycle as well. It will be a sad day when the big block is no longer produced, but it sounded like the end is near.

Plan is for Guzzi to use the new small block V85TT motor for a new model line.

I knew about the Stelvio - they pulled out long ago here. From what i've read, i thought it was because it didn't sit well with buyers. I guess the Griso was being cleared last year & i had other things to do - hence i only found out recently. My only gripe with many 'Guzzis are their lack of grunt, but the Griso didn't have that problem.
As with the emission thing, Brussels strikes again. I just wish they'd bite the bullet & go liquid cooled - nothing else has to change. Sure, Guzzi are good with electronics compared to, say, Volkswagen or Ford, but electrogizmos should never replace the throttle! Heck, even Toyota can't get it right.
Now i love my Nevada, & they put out some awesome bikes throughout the years, & Guzzis are still my bike of choice, but i was hoping for a Guzzi with more grunt that isn't a cruiser.

I just visited that site. I reckon there'd be a bit of trouble getting it to Australia, but the overall cost is quite reasonable & still cheaper than a CBR1000. Sure, i could build a Nevada-based machine powered by a 1.2 litre toyota engine for less, (i posted a thread about these plans asking advice), but the parts are used & it'll take me a lot longer. I'm a tyre fitter who's about to re-train as a ski instructor, after all.

I just visited that site. I reckon there'd be a bit of trouble getting it to Australia, but the overall cost is quite reasonable & still cheaper than a CBR1000.
I've gotten global inquiries, and the bike is titled and registered as a used Moto Guzzi with matching #'s on every model we do. Now I can't say as to sound and emissions requirements as it sits.

Sure, i could build a Nevada-based machine powered by a 1.2 litre toyota engine for less, (i posted a thread about these plans asking advice), but the parts are used & it'll take me a lot longer. I'm a tyre fitter who's about to re-train as a ski instructor, after all.
The small block platform is really limited since it started life as a 350cc machine, but anything is possible. ;)

I've gotten global inquiries, and the bike is titled and registered as a used Moto Guzzi with matching #'s on every model we do. Now I can't say as to sound and emissions requirements as it sits.

Not sure about VIC, but in NSW, we generally don't have emissions tests on anything classified as "used". If brakes & lights are up to scratch, instruments are metric, the filter is covered & sound doesn't exceed 98 dB, it'll be sweet.

The small block platform is really limited since it started life as a 350cc machine, but anything is possible. ;)

The engine i speak of is the 2NZ-FE. It produces 63kW with about 121 Nm of torque - nearly double that of the current motor. An alloytec has twice that number again, but they're so unreliable they'd blow up before the gearbox does. I can only hope the gearbox can handle the Toyota unit - hence quoting the power & torque figures, but i digress. That's a subject for my engine swap post.
Anyways, back onto the subject of the Griso, thanks for informing me that i can't have one because Guzzis are built in the EU (but not for much longer if the Italians decide to leave), & the EU is run by the bloody Belgians. That, & Moto Guzzi is stalling on liquid cooling. If you look at recent history, it looks like Brussels is telling us we can't have nice things.

Anyways, GT-Rx, if i decide to remain in Australia & i get the money ready to go, you'll be hearing from me ;)

Hello all, i have recently been on Guzzi's Australian site after seeing no Griso at Motociclo, & guess what? I saw no Griso in the model line up there, either. Now the v7's & v9's are fine bikes, but the look, the fact that it's got none of those electrogizmos of the other big blocks, & i don't need to tell you about the sound those things make! The Griso seems like a true rider's bike.
If i end up staying in my native Australia, i would've been either trading in my Nevada for one or buying it outright & keeping the Nevada as a project.
The upcoming v85 was another consideration, but i read it was ride-by-wire, & that usually means throttle-by-wire. Seeing much of those systems fail on cars, the added weight, the hesitant response, the needless complexity with only marginal gains - i'll stick with cables, thank you very much.
Anyways, any word on what happened to the Griso? & any word on if it will return?
Check around other Ozzie dealers. I know Mario, Thunderbikes in WA had an old stock new one on the floor quite recently.

Back