Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Griso - no longer sold in Aus?

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by guzzisti91, Feb 16, 2019.

1. guzzisti91

guzzisti91 Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello all, i have recently been on Guzzi's Australian site after seeing no Griso at Motociclo, & guess what? I saw no Griso in the model line up there, either. Now the v7's & v9's are fine bikes, but the look, the fact that it's got none of those electrogizmos of the other big blocks, & i don't need to tell you about the sound those things make! The Griso seems like a true rider's bike.
    If i end up staying in my native Australia, i would've been either trading in my Nevada for one or buying it outright & keeping the Nevada as a project.
    The upcoming v85 was another consideration, but i read it was ride-by-wire, & that usually means throttle-by-wire. Seeing much of those systems fail on cars, the added weight, the hesitant response, the needless complexity with only marginal gains - i'll stick with cables, thank you very much.
    Anyways, any word on what happened to the Griso? & any word on if it will return?

2. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

The Griso, Stelvio and Norge are no longer being made because they don't meet Euro emission specs. If you see a new one for sale anywhere it's NOS.

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

In the Guzzi World, this is two year old news. You can add the Stelvio the model list also. Technically 2017 was fhe last model year for the 1200-8V CARC Guzzi. The Cal 1400 motor has one more Euro emission life cycle as well. It will be a sad day when the big block is no longer produced, but it sounded like the end is near.

Plan is for Guzzi to use the new small block V85TT motor for a new model line.

4. guzzisti91

I knew about the Stelvio - they pulled out long ago here. From what i've read, i thought it was because it didn't sit well with buyers. I guess the Griso was being cleared last year & i had other things to do - hence i only found out recently. My only gripe with many 'Guzzis are their lack of grunt, but the Griso didn't have that problem.
    As with the emission thing, Brussels strikes again. I just wish they'd bite the bullet & go liquid cooled - nothing else has to change. Sure, Guzzi are good with electronics compared to, say, Volkswagen or Ford, but electrogizmos should never replace the throttle! Heck, even Toyota can't get it right.
    Now i love my Nevada, & they put out some awesome bikes throughout the years, & Guzzis are still my bike of choice, but i was hoping for a Guzzi with more grunt that isn't a cruiser.

5. GT-Rx®

Yes, me to, hence; GTMotoCycles.com

6. guzzisti91

I just visited that site. I reckon there'd be a bit of trouble getting it to Australia, but the overall cost is quite reasonable & still cheaper than a CBR1000. Sure, i could build a Nevada-based machine powered by a 1.2 litre toyota engine for less, (i posted a thread about these plans asking advice), but the parts are used & it'll take me a lot longer. I'm a tyre fitter who's about to re-train as a ski instructor, after all.

7. GT-Rx®

I've gotten global inquiries, and the bike is titled and registered as a used Moto Guzzi with matching #'s on every model we do. Now I can't say as to sound and emissions requirements as it sits.

The small block platform is really limited since it started life as a 350cc machine, but anything is possible. ;)

8. guzzisti91

Not sure about VIC, but in NSW, we generally don't have emissions tests on anything classified as "used". If brakes & lights are up to scratch, instruments are metric, the filter is covered & sound doesn't exceed 98 dB, it'll be sweet.

The engine i speak of is the 2NZ-FE. It produces 63kW with about 121 Nm of torque - nearly double that of the current motor. An alloytec has twice that number again, but they're so unreliable they'd blow up before the gearbox does. I can only hope the gearbox can handle the Toyota unit - hence quoting the power & torque figures, but i digress. That's a subject for my engine swap post.
    Anyways, back onto the subject of the Griso, thanks for informing me that i can't have one because Guzzis are built in the EU (but not for much longer if the Italians decide to leave), & the EU is run by the bloody Belgians. That, & Moto Guzzi is stalling on liquid cooling. If you look at recent history, it looks like Brussels is telling us we can't have nice things.

9. guzzisti91

Anyways, GT-Rx, if i decide to remain in Australia & i get the money ready to go, you'll be hearing from me ;)

10. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Check around other Ozzie dealers. I know Mario, Thunderbikes in WA had an old stock new one on the floor quite recently.