Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Griso turn signals/blinkers replacement rants

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Phang, May 17, 2013.

1. Phang

Phang Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Recently I replaced the rear signals due to broken rubber stem/stalk.

I thought it was a straight forward job.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Surprise #1
    My fault actually. I assumed both harness end connectors are the same type but the Pontedera designers had thoughtfully designed male and female pins for Sinistra and Dextra so that Luigi in Mandello won’t mix up the left and right. I only found out before I was about to button things up, no big deal, just re-crimp the connectors.
    [​IMG]

Surprise #2
    Alright, everything looks neat and tight, turn on the key switch, thumb the turn signal switch to left, Great! Rear right signal is blinking and vice versa. I thought I have check the wiring diagram for colours before I crimp the connector, now I am quite sure the wiring diagram was drawn by the same guy who prepared the service manual. On my bike, Red-Blue is LEFT and Azura-Blue is RIGHT!
    [​IMG]

Conclusion:
    - Do no assume the wiring diagram is correct, at least for the turn signals circuit.
    - When ordering original Griso turn signals, besides the orientation of the water drain on the lens, connectors are dedicated too, left and right are not interchangeable.

2. Ad B

Ad B Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hi Phang,

the first picture...
    It looks as if the G12 keeps his ears hanging... ;)
    What did you do with your bike?
    Vandalism? :dry:
    Or too much scratching against the door post? :huh:

Ad B

3. Phang

Ad B, gravity and UV ray are higher here comparing to Europe.

I don't hang my helmet on the turn signal, I didn't even touch them except wiping them gently with damp cloth when I clean the bike.

The replacement turn signals are ebay knock off with full length steel tube stem clad in rubber, lets see how long these will last.

scudracer likes this.
  4. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Careful with the indicators mate, my first attempt cost me $5000 on the Bellagio.
    Pulling guards and other bits off as you did to access the indicators, I decided my bike looked better without them ...................................

Swapped my crappy plastic chrome front indicators this week but didn't check any diagrams. Both had a light blue wire which I automatically assumed was the earth. Wrong!
    Also my Red wire was right side and Dark blue was left, opposite to yours.

Check your diagram
    15. Rear Right Turn Indicator
    17. Left Right Turn Indicator (make up your mind Guiseppe)

5. Phang

You have sharp eyes!

It took me a while to spot that.

So what now?

Rear Right makes a Left and Left Right makes a Right? Right? :lol:

6. Griso Guy

Griso Guy Cruisin' Guzzisti

I put on a set of 4 Rizoma's with resistors. Expensive but well worth it. Very easy to do.

7. scudracer

scudracer Tuned and Synch'ed

Same here in Malaysia, two of my 2012 V7 Special indicator rubber stalks have just broken off. Very poor product quality if you ask me.