Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

GT 02 Optimizer - UPDATE: 6.7.13

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 30, 2010.

1. The Mad Hatta!

The Mad Hatta! Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: New to Market - 02 Optimizer

just sent paypal for one of these! B)

Todd, could you PM the orientation of the dip switches for 13.2:1 and 13.4:1? thanks!

2. foggy95

foggy95 Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Todd,
    First of all, my thanks to you for all your efforts on the behalf of us Guzzi owners. I just installed your 02 Optimiser on my V7 Classic and I echo the good results expressed by others here.

I just placed an order for the 02 Optimiser for my other Guzzi, (just acquired 2008 1200 Sport). I noted on the PayPal form that the bike is stock with the exception of the Mistral SS can, and the removal of the Calif Evap system.

Looking forward to this mod as well, hope you have some left in stock!

John Heinzer
    2009 V7 Classic
    2008 1200 Sport

3. Dah-Dit

Dah-Dit Tuned and Synch'ed

Wot 'e said. I have virtually the same set up (but have an aftermarket can and have removed the cat) and I echo what Art has said - he has kindly saved me a great deal of typing :D

I installed it as shipped and I don't feel any need at the moment to experiment with the dip switches. The only thing I can add to what Art has said is that I did notice the bike was running noticeably cooler than before which may also help prevent the return of the liver spots which I spent an age polishing out. :dry:

Installation was quick, I started the bike and checked for the flashing green LED - I was too keen to try it out to notice it turn steady green. Is it something I need to check?

Cheers Todd, a definite improvement here too.

4. greg

greg Tuned and Synch'ed

finally got around to installing mine today.
    I have to say.. what a pain in the a$$ taking the plastic off the Norge is..and that starter cover!?! bloody hell...
    anyway, like the instructions say, pretty obvious once you're in there.

looking forward to trying it out (of course its supposed to rain all week again)

OK update.
    finally got some nice weather & what a difference.
    as others have said before, the slow speed / almost closed throttle response is amazing.
    I found myself noticing how I used to compensate for this with clutch use, etc.

best $135 I have spent in a very long time!
    Thanks Todd!

5. sempervee

sempervee Tuned and Synch'ed

I have a Stock 07 Norge. What is the difference in the 13.2 and 13.4 setting ?

I am about to install the 02 Optimizer. I know basically where it goes but is there a set of Installation instructions available for me to look at ?

Thanks!

6. greg

greg Tuned and Synch'ed

there are just a few pictures in this thread to help you.
    it is pretty straight forward & easy.

what I found out:

I had to remove the chin fairing and both "aft" pieces of the fairing.
    I also had to remove the bracket that holds the upper left bit of fairing. This allowed me to remove the bastard of black plastic that is the starter cover. That gave me access to the O2 plug. The it's just a matter of plugging in the ends (that's pretty obvious, they only go one way) and bolting down the ground wire.

put the whole mess back together & you're good to go.

if it wasn't for the jig-saw puzzle nature of the way the plastic goes together it'd be a 20 min (or less) job.

7. sempervee

Thanks Greg - but what Dip Switch settings are you running... 13.2 or 13.4 ? Is one richer than the other ? What is the reason for one setting over the other ?

8. greg

greg Tuned and Synch'ed

ah that I do not know.
    I told Todd what bike I had (08 all stock) and he sent me the box.
    truth be told I never opened it up.
    Todd (or a few others here) would be more knowledgeable in that regard.

9. sempervee

I pulled the starter cover and it is very hard to access the plug. It feels as though it is stuck behind the starter and wondering if removing the starter might be the way to proceed ?
    I don't want to pull and dislodge any of the wrong wires blindly

10. greg

greg Tuned and Synch'ed

there may be a wire tie holding the O2 wiring up there.
    one of the other chaps removed his starter. I managed to get mine undone without too much drama.

it is pretty much the only thing up there

11. sempervee

there may be a wire tie holding the O2 wiring up there.
    one of the other chaps removed his starter. I managed to get mine undone without too much drama.

it is pretty much the only thing up there[/quote]

Greg,
    You are correct - I got my light on and looked from underneath and can see the kick Stand switch wiring is tie - tied around the plug and attached to the motor somehow...
    Cannot see the plug release (plastic lever) enabling to disconnect if it is on top or from the bottom? ....
    And the beat goes on........

12. sempervee

Hi Greg,

Got it all connected and started great.. All I had to do is cut the Tie-Tie and the plug was available to work with. No problem... Can hardly wait to take it for a ride !

13. greg

greg Tuned and Synch'ed

hmm the open wrench just means its time for service.
    its like a count down timer to remind you to change oil etc.
    no drama, it may have been there before (its tiny & you didn't notice, or its a coincidence)
    others may correct me.

14. greg

greg Tuned and Synch'ed

15. sempervee

Thanks Greg - fixed it !

Off to test ride for real tomorrow - It was just a coincidence that the alert went off - That's a first for me. Generally it was something I did... :^)

I had it mounted with double sided tape under the starter cover and could see the green light illuminated.. Was worried about the heat so moved it to above the starter cover and under the air box. Can still see the green light showing it is running.

Where is yours positioned?

Attached Files:

16. Mark_Sassafras

Mark_Sassafras Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks Todd,

just fitted the optimizer on my 1200 Sport 2V and done a lap of the Dandenongs (hills east of Melbourne). It runs as sweet as a nut, improved grunt down low and popping on decel all gone, not that it bothered me. Winter here, so I suppose I will have to wait for summer for the ultimate test, but so far soooo goooood.

Regards,
    Mark.

17. goozy

goozy Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi All
    Thank's to a postal labour dispute I finally got my O2 optimizer for my G11 this past week. What a difference!! Much easier to ride slow(around town) Gone is the herky-jerky throttle at puttering speeds. I think the cramp in my throttle hand is starting to heal already. It's nice to be able to slow down in a slow speed zone and then wick it up again without having to drop two gears. Thanks very much Todd,, money well spent! :D
    Peter

18. grimace

grimace Tuned and Synch'ed

Installed mine before ride home for work. So much smoother. No longer will i look like a novice going around city street corners. At sub 45mph I can leave it in second gear. So much smoother at 4ooo rpm. Throttle works as it should not on off.
    Installation not super easy. On Griso 8v have to cut zip tie. Look up from down under the bike. Not a lot of room for my fat fingers. Finally got the oem thing separated. Plugged in Optimizer. Ground wire mounted onto the top starter cover screw. I guess this is what everyone means when they say Obvious mount point. Used velcro to mount little black box above the starter cover. :woohoo:

19. fastfreddy

fastfreddy Tuned and Synch'ed

o2 optimizer

I installed an O2 Optimizer on my 06 Breva 1100. Couldn't be more pleased! Less pinging, but not gone completely in 110 degree weather. So far, on my commute my fuel mileage went from 36 to 40.5. Very happy about that!

Fred

20. rturo

rturo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Re: o2 optimizer

Optimizer gives great results on my 06 Breva 1100 too, i'M LUCKY I NEVER SUFFERED FROM PINGING (may be British fuel, lower temperatures, who knows how many other variables.. probably just luck)

you tried making adjustments to the Optimizer to reduce or eradicate the pinging?

Art