• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT Bar Risers

I just installed the risers on my 2015 Griso.
I’ve only taken a short ride with them, but a noticeable improvement.
Does anyone know if I can also install Mana handlebars with the stock cables?

Thanks,
Scott

I just installed the risers on my 2015 Griso.
I’ve only taken a short ride with them, but a noticeable improvement.
Does anyone know if I can also install Mana handlebars with the stock cables?
Good, and the Mana bars aren't that different, so I would say yes. I've installed the LSL Tour bars on a Griso with zero cable issues; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/lsl-handlebars-tourbars - which would be taller than the stock bars with my risers.

I installed the Mana bars on my 1200 Sport with no cable changes. Plenty of slack still left. I do not know how tall your risers are, but if they are similar to the blocks on my 1200 Sport, then I suspect the Griso will be the same.

IMG 7635

IMG 7637 2

IMG 7636 2

Hi Guys.
OK great. Thanks for the quick reply.
The stock bars hurt me so much I took to wearing bicycle padded gloves. (And this from a guy that used to hoon around on Laverda twins and 180 degree triples with those awful brevatto bars!) Ageing sucks, but beats the alternative.
I have these wee short legs of a jockey and the torso of an NBA power forward.
The extenders feel much better, but I am thinking that if I could also change the bars to something narrower I might be in the sweet spot. I see those LSL bars come in black, which I prefer. Do the stock bars ends thread into them as the Mana bars do?
Todd, I will reach out to you directly about doing some mods. I live local to you, so I'm hoping we can get together and do some suspension and fueling.

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:
It worked!!!
The Corbin gunfighter seat arrived last week. It helped, but my elbows still hurt.
I then purchased the Mano bars. (I don't know where they were coming from, but shipping was an eye watering $60.)
They did arrive very quickly.
I drilled the holes for the controls and installed them on top of the GT risers. It is a little snug on the right hand brake line but it does work.
I took her out this morning and took the long way to work.
NO ELBOW PAIN!!! Now I can actually ride the bloody thing. I'm so happy because I just love the Griso, but I only have 1300 miles on it. That is going to change!

The mods to make her where I can finally ride her are:
Lowered foot pegs 1 inch.
Corbin Gunfighter seat
GT Bar risers
Mano Handlebars.

I'm ready to talk to Todd about some fueling and suspension mods now.

Attachments

• IMG_7151.jpg
    IMG_7151.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 11
I then purchased the Mano bars. (I don't know where they were coming from, but shipping was an eye watering $60.)
They did arrive very quickly.
I drilled the holes for the controls and installed them on top of the GT risers. It is a little snug on the right hand brake line but it does work.
I took her out this morning and took the long way to work.
NO ELBOW PAIN!!! Now I can actually ride the bloody thing. I'm so happy because I just love the Griso, but I only have 1300 miles on it. That is going to change!
Thanks for the post Scott. For shipping costs, per our SHIPPING page... " If the shipping cost seems high, understand for all products we do not make in house incur costs to get them to us from the manufacturer, then to you."
We bring these in from Europe, then to you. Bar's are painfully expensive to ship cost wise.
Since I'm just over the hill from you, I can be of help with the flash at a "locals" cost without the flash tool. We can also be of help with anything service or related and installation and set up of the shock. Purchase the shock only online, and we'll get your scheduled in for the rest when it arrives unless you're a DIY guy.

Thanks Todd.
Yes I figured they probably came from Italy. It was a big plus that they were threaded correctly for my bar end weights, so installation was a breeze.. :)
I just sent you an email about fueling and suspension at the info@gtmotocycles.com address. Is that the best way to get in touch?
I have a number of farkles I'm interested in.
Best,
Scott

Thanks Todd.
Yes I figured they probably came from Italy. It was a big plus that they were threaded correctly for my bar end weights, so installation was a breeze.. :)
I just sent you an email about fueling and suspension at the info@gtmotocycles.com address. Is that the best way to get in touch?
I have a number of farkles I'm interested in.
Best,
Scott
Welcome, and info @guzzitech.com is best. Chat more there.

Back