• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT CARC protector -- parts list and instructions?

MrMorrisSD

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all. I should probably just sent this to Todd, but I figure he will probably see it here anyway... and maybe someone else is more avail to help this morning.

I received a GT CARC protector last Nov as a birthday present. But I'm just now getting up the nerve to start pulling things off the bike ('07 G11) and getting the protector on there. But the protector has since gotten mixed in with a few other things and now I can only identify the protector itself. I don't remember if it came with longer bolts, an instruction sheet, etc.

Do I need longer bolts for installing it over the caliper? And is the process as straight forward as removing the bolts, then placing the protector in place and reinstalling the bolts?

Yes, it is very simple to install, just remove the caliper bolts, position the guard, then replace the bolts. Be very careful, though, not to pinch the speedo sensor wire under the guard!

Per above, but yes, I send with longer bolts.

Hmm. They must have walked off. Can't find them. Fortunately there is a very well stocked industrial HW store nearby. I will have to pull off one of the bolts and have them match it to a couple of equivalent bolts that are a few mm longer.

I got one of these from Todd (thanks !) at the end of the year.

It didn't come with extra longer bolts - I just re-used the original ones.
These are listed in the Workshop Manual as M10 X 30mm, tightened to 50N-m.
I did, however, use Locktite Blue and a Torque Wrench....
Jeremy

jeremyb said:
I got one of these from Todd (thanks !) at the end of the year.

It didn't come with extra longer bolts - I just re-used the original ones.
These are listed in the Workshop Manual as M10 X 30mm, tightened to 50N-m.
I did, however, use Locktite Blue and a Torque Wrench....
Jeremy

A couple bolts 5mm longer should do the trick. You want to have full thread engagement.

Just make sure you uses a ≥8.8 hardness bolt.

Thanks guys. My go-to store for bolts didn't have the exact bolts I'd want for these brake calipers. I pulled off my bolts and determined that I need M10x1.5 x 35mm, 35 being the next size longer.... which you guys have since confirmed. The shop had this size but not in flange head like the originals. And I don't think they carry the highest strength of bolt in that size. What is it, 10.9? I definitely want something that's equal to or better than the factory bolts.... and in a flange head if possible.

EDIT: Forgot to include, I'd want some form of corrosion resistant plating, Zinc, Cad, etc.

There are other places in town I can try, but they aren't very convenient, relative to my commute and work schedule.

Todd, I was wondering what you'd charge to mail a couple of the proper bolts down my way, assuming you'd be will to part with a couple extra ones, and want to bother with such a small sale at all. You can PM me about it if you're interested.

Back